Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-08-2008, 01:56 PM   #1
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Default Car Care that isn't servicing/cleaning

Hi all

Well im sure we all change our oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, diff oil, get our transmission serviced, check the tyre pressures, wash our car, clean the windows, vacuum it etc etc etc

What im looking for here are some of the things you do to keep your AU nice that aren't in the usual category?

For example I:
Grease the door hinges
Silicone spray the electric window tracks
Put bug off in the washer fluid

What i'm after are things out of the ordinary, that are quick, easy and make your car just a nicer thing to live with. Things that normal car owners don't even know about let alone think about.

Old 17-08-2008, 03:03 PM   #2
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

spray door catches with silicon lube / wd40, etc
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 03:07 PM   #3
WoodysXR6
Wanting a sprint!

Spray aerial with silicon spray bonnet and boot struts.
Old 17-08-2008, 04:32 PM   #4
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

I use graphite powder on the window tracks as I find silicone spray can get sticky and attract dirt and grime after a while. a puff of graphite in the tracks about every 6 months or so works for me.

When the drivers seat base starts to sag on the right where you get in and out , pull both seats and swap the base foams over, the passenger side will no doubt be leaning to the left a bit by then, and you'll get double the life out of the seat bases before they sh!t you enough to want to fix them. (note: don't just swap the base plates as they are constructed differently and the passenger side is nowhere near as strong as the drivers side and WILL break, if on the drivers side, before long.)

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Last edited by Bushbasher; 17-08-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote