Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
98AUXR6

Default Baby Mobile

I recently had a baby (yay) and as a result, my XR6 has become the baby carrier, meaning I am losing my car as the baby seat is in it now and therefore, the wife will be driving it when I go to work. It's made me feel different about my pride and joy. Even driving it with the massive baby seat in the corner of my eye screams people mover!

Are my thoughts and feeling normal??

2006 BIONIC XR6 - 6 Speed manual (of course), F6 upper and lower snorkels, 19" Replica GT Rims, lowered SL Front/SSL Rear, iPod AUX attachment, tinted. Hopefully, more to come!!! UPDATE!!! Colour coded engine parts! :

For your photographic needs see

www.alluringlightimages.com.au
98AUXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 03:40 PM   #2
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Baby Mobile

Just put really dark black tint on the windows, so no one can see the seat.
LOL.

But maybe it is more the fact that your partner is going to be driving the car during the day.

Last edited by xisled; 27-05-2011 at 03:45 PM.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 03:42 PM   #3
prydey
Rob

are you embarrassed?? or are you scared of growing up??
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #4
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Trade it in for a Ute, and buy the wife a pram.
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 03:51 PM   #5
98AUXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
are you embarrassed?? or are you scared of growing up??
Not embarrassed at all, very proud, but maybe a little scared of growing up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled
But maybe it is more the fact that your partner is going to be driving the car during the day.
Maybe it is this, maybe I am feeling like I am losing my car!!
2006 BIONIC XR6 - 6 Speed manual (of course), F6 upper and lower snorkels, 19" Replica GT Rims, lowered SL Front/SSL Rear, iPod AUX attachment, tinted. Hopefully, more to come!!! UPDATE!!! Colour coded engine parts! :

Old 27-05-2011, 03:52 PM   #6
StrokedXT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98AUXR6
I recently had a baby (yay) and as a result, my XR6 has become the baby carrier, meaning I am losing my car as the baby seat is in it now and therefore, the wife will be driving it when I go to work. It's made me feel different about my pride and joy. Even driving it with the massive baby seat in the corner of my eye screams people mover!

I took my car to the creek with the babyseat in the back of mine, wife used it fort daily duties and i had her car.

I loved the thought of my kids first automotive experiences being in a car with 450 odd hp and most importantly one with a blue oval on the front.
StrokedXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #7
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:

Firstly its good to see that you have a Wife and not a 'Partner'

A baby seat in the back is a sure way of not being able to get away with "Of course I'm not married" when taking an office girl home.

Don't forget the 'Baby on Board' thing hanging from the back window, they're almost a popular as the 'Save the Gay Whale' ones
Old 27-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #8
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

I have resigned myself to the fact that my car will be used as a baby carrier for the forseeable future. I'm cool with it.

And if we have another and the Falcon becomes a bit too unsuitable, I will salary sacrifice a new car and I get my BA back

See, you just have to plan ahead

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 03:55 PM   #9
98AUXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrokedXT
I took my car to the creek with the babyseat in the back of mine, wife used it fort daily duties and i had her car.

I loved the thought of my kids first automotive experiences being in a car with 450 odd hp and most importantly one with a blue oval on the front.
Maybe this is what I need!! I had been planning on joining a car club and entering some driving events etc. But when the boss declared the baby capsule will be going in my car, I thought it was all over!!!

I think also if my wife had a more enjoyable car to drive, I wouldn't feel so bad!

Old 27-05-2011, 04:00 PM   #10
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dude one word SLEEPER if its got a baby seat strapped in people think you are easy pickings (especially "P" platers) at the lights, when you crush them WITHOUT THE KID IN THE CAR the shattered look on their faces more than makes up for it

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #11
98AUXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
Don't forget the 'Baby on Board' thing hanging from the back window, they're almost a popular as the 'Save the Gay Whale' ones
We have a "Princess on Board" thing hanging in the car!

PS It has long had a booster seat in the car for my step son, so no issues with trying to act like a single man. I wear a ring all the time and all my work friends boy and girl know my wife well.

Old 27-05-2011, 04:03 PM   #12
98AUXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seduce XR6
You going to close this thread as well Raptor as it is not any less silly as the Mustang or the Girl thread I started or is it just because I started it???

In fact at least mine was showing a nice car & the girl was a bonus
I didn't realise a general light hearted discussion would be an issue?? Maybe I should post a baby picture????

Old 27-05-2011, 04:04 PM   #13
Supercharged

Means no spirited driving for any reason with the little one on board.
Supercharged is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 04:14 PM   #14
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
I didn't realise a general light hearted discussion would be an issue?? Maybe I should post a baby picture????
Nah. Seduce XR6 is just concerned that someone will beat his record of 11 threads started and 5 of them have been closed!
Old 27-05-2011, 04:33 PM   #15
84xespac
Wearing an armadillo hat

Congrates on the baby, as for the feeling of losing ya car it is nothing to do with the fact that it's carting ya kid around it's the fact your car has become your wifes and hers yours basically. Just buy your wife a more reliable car and reclaim your mistress.
84xespac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 05:37 PM   #16
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Nah. Seduce XR6 is just concerned that someone will beat his record of 11 threads started and 5 of them have been closed!
seduce trying to give hulk ba a run for most locked threads hey?
Giant Cranium is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 05:59 PM   #17
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

So, what are you being forced to drive?

Lemme guess, Barina?

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #18
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

I too would like to know the "impractical" car your wife used to drive...

I was just then having a discussion with my partner about our cars... and have come up with a plan for the future if children come our way... she gets a SR5 Hilux (she loves them) and takes the baby capsule, and i mod my AU SR to have it as a backup if its required.
Old 27-05-2011, 07:36 PM   #19
98AUXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor
So, what are you being forced to drive?

Lemme guess, Barina?
Close, it's an Astra. Taking away the Ford/Holden love hate, they are just crap cars. There is nothing about it that is enjoyable from the dynamics of it to the stereo (very important during commuting), the uncomfortable seats, the lack of power, to everything There is nothing good I can say about it. I used to drive a Mazda 3 as a second car and it was great!

Old 27-05-2011, 10:04 PM   #20
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have quite a few threads I have started that have been locked, its not that hard to get one locked

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 10:34 PM   #21
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking Re: Baby Mobile

Quote:

You had a baby? Wow, mate if I had a baby, I would want the whole world to see me. Dunno how the father would feel about it though? Enjoy fatherhood it's great, I hope the young one remembers their first ride in a car, was in a Ford. My 2 & 4 year old daughters, love riding around in my GT's.
ELGT4me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 11:43 PM   #22
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Close, it's an Astra. Taking away the Ford/Holden love hate, they are just crap cars. There is nothing about it that is enjoyable from the dynamics of it to the stereo (very important during commuting), the uncomfortable seats, the lack of power, to everything There is nothing good I can say about it. I used to drive a Mazda 3 as a second car and it was great!

Time to sell the Astra then and get a "practical" car for the child...
Old 28-05-2011, 07:52 AM   #23
dags41v
Black 2006 XR8

My kids love getting in the XR8 and I dont mind the kid seats in the back. I dont like it when we get home from a drive somewhere and they tell mum that "daddy made the car go loud". I also get in trouble as the call the wifes CRV the lala car as it only has 1 exhaust pipe .......... gotta love kids.
dags41v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 08:29 AM   #24
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

I can relate to that. Mine are 4 & 6 now and on the commute to school there's a posted 60km/h constant radius corner that I tend to take at 110 (I live rurally so it's a highway drive to school), The kids call it "the fast corner" and they get narky when I slow down on wet days. Well all was fine till mum took them to school one day and slowed down for the bend; "aww mum, why did you slow down, dad never slows down, we go round here at 130" ... and don't you think I had fun trying to explain that one away.

And to OP. You might want to find the missus a new car before the bub can hold things and feed itself because you WILL let it have toys, you WILL feed it and water it while in the car, in fact you will do whatever it takes to keep it quiet and ammused if they're in the car for more than 20 minutes, and here's the important bit, it WILL turn the back of the car into a pig sty in short order with discarded toys, food scraps, spilled drinks and other assorted bits of crap you hand it to keep it quiet. WELCOME TO PARENTHOOD!!! hahahahahahaha.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 10:04 AM   #25
StrokedXT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher
I can relate to that. Mine are 4 & 6 now and on the commute to school there's a posted 60km/h constant radius corner that I tend to take at 110 (I live rurally so it's a highway drive to school), The kids call it "the fast corner" and they get narky when I slow down on wet days. Well all was fine till mum took them to school one day and slowed down for the bend; "aww mum, why did you slow down, dad never slows down, we go round here at 130" ... and don't you think I had fun trying to explain that one away.
What kind of idiot brags they do 130 on a public road with their four and six year old children in the car?
Old 28-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #26
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrokedXT
What kind of idiot brags they do 130 on a public road with their four and six year old children in the car?
One that lives on a country road where they quite probably are the only ones using it.
Plus Bushbasher stated that he does 110. It was the KIDS that said 130, so if anyone's an 'idiot' it would be his kids bragging to Mum

The world does not come to an end if the speedo goes past 100 !
Old 28-05-2011, 11:27 AM   #27
StrokedXT
Banned

Quote:
One that lives on a country road where they quite probably are the only ones using it.
Plus Bushbasher stated that he does 110. It was the KIDS that said 130, so if anyone's an 'idiot' it would be his kids bragging to Mum

The world does not come to an end if the speedo goes past 100 !
It's suggested speed is 60 for a reason, country road of not you never know what's happening or coming the other way, I just figured with children in the car having a bit of a safety margin would be common sense, apparently not...
Old 28-05-2011, 11:40 AM   #28
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 

Have a baby seat in my car but I drive my cae not the wife. She hates driving it haha
Old 28-05-2011, 12:07 PM   #29
Zero_PSI
Banned

I can kinda see where you're coming from.

In a different way, I appreciate my ute less during the week it seems. When it's dirty, has my work gear in it etc. etc.

I think it's because the cars are serving as a run-around type deal rather than as the "toy".
Zero_PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #30
84xespac
Wearing an armadillo hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher
And to OP. You might want to find the missus a new car before the bub can hold things and feed itself because you WILL let it have toys, you WILL feed it and water it while in the car, in fact you will do whatever it takes to keep it quiet and ammused if they're in the car for more than 20 minutes, and here's the important bit, it WILL turn the back of the car into a pig sty in short order with discarded toys, food scraps, spilled drinks and other assorted bits of crap you hand it to keep it quiet. WELCOME TO PARENTHOOD!!! hahahahahahaha.

Bushbasher
Never truer words said.
84xespac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post