Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-05-2006, 12:28 AM   #1
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 
Default 12 second au xr8

I have heard of this car going to wsid.Does anyone know what is done to that thing? It is a black sedan xr8..

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 12:32 AM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Yep, they got rid of the highly modded six and stuck a stock V8 in it. ROFL.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 12:52 AM   #3
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
I have heard of this car going to wsid.Does anyone know what is done to that thing? It is a black sedan xr8..

Are you sure it's an AU XR8...there's a guy running around sydney in a black AU sedan Te-50 that runs very low 11's with a Kenne bell 2.2L Blowzilla supercharger on it, & he said he aiming for low 10's ffs. He took me for a run in it a least 12 months ago...a what an awesome machine it is.....stock as a rock apart from SC, injectors and fuel pump....but goes like holy stink..one of the fastest cars I have ever been in. :

Cheers.
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 02:42 AM   #4
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Yes the plates are 4ORD it runs 11s black AU XR8 auto has Weld racing rims on it when he runs also i believe it used to have black AU XR8 rims on it at 1 stage.... ive seen this car heaps it used to be a herrod modded car back in the day as far as i know the same owner still has it and now the work is being done by BK Automotive/or something like that.

as far as i know its N/A probably 347 cube or something like that have look at the WSID site and go to the photo link.......

im sure someone on here knows the car better than i do.
phat_stak_tipa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 03:11 AM   #5
rodderz

This one?-

rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 04:53 AM   #6
loxxr6
XB in parts...

That pic isn't showing. Do you mean this one ?

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 04:59 AM   #7
stiddy
Banned

the one useless is thinking off is a Black AU XR8 with the plates 4ORD..

Autotech built it, its a stroked 347 on Nos.. and it runs into the 10's now, but generally low 11's.. stalled/shift kitted auto..

its got a subtle body kit, leather interior and the australian flag airbrushed onto the sun roof. it really is a mean machine..
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 11:06 AM   #8
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

now thats a nice looking XR , Black is AUsome

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 11:14 AM   #9
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

I think that car is s h== hot . If that cars done by our forum sponsor autotech then I think they may want to pull their finger out and talk about some of their past work. This is a very nice car.

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 14-05-2006, 11:18 AM   #10
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Yeah she looks like a beast. That is a very nice XR.

Chers.
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 11:20 AM   #11
Stav
Smile

I wonder if an eight like that could ever be a daily driver with decent fuel economy.I spotted a nice v8 at the wreckers the other day with full running gear. :
As crazy as I am imagine the possibilities with the effort on the six on an eight?

The thing will be used inthe QE2!!

Old 14-05-2006, 11:52 AM   #12
xr8ute
Back on the road

From Autospeed...

Windsor Wake-Up!
Think it's impossible to create a fast Windsor-powered AU Falcon without the aid of a supercharger? Don't believe it!

Some people would argue that the ol’ Windsor 5.0-litre in the AU-series Ford Falcon XR8 is, well, hopeless. Why would you bother when you can get the DOHC 5.4-litre BA XR8, they say. Well, these people are right – and wrong...
Tell Ramsin X of Sydney that the injected Windsor is a no-hoper and he’ll probably break up with laughter. The 11.72-second quarter mile performance of his stock-looking AUII XR8 certainly proves otherwise!

Ramsin admits he was always "a bit of a geek when it came to cars" and pedalled nothing more exciting than 4-cylinder commuters. But then he got hooked on speed. "I got into skydiving and I just loved the thrill. But after a few jumps I wanted something faster..."

The car you see here – a 2000 AUII XR8 – was originally bought as a family car, but it was soon transformed into something a little less wholesome. Something to scare the neighbours with. "In standard form the car was slow. I mean it was an enjoyable car to drive but it was never what you’d call fast," says Ramsin.

The first stop to satisfy that need for speed was Herrod Motorsport in Melbourne. Ramsin went straight for the 300kW upgrade ‘package’ comprising a single 2 1/2-inch mandrel exhaust, high-flow air intake, 75mm throttle body, UniChip and a relatively mild camshaft. But the real mumbo-maker was a stroker crank that took cubic capacity up to 347ci (5.7-litre). Three forty-seven is, as Ramsin says, about as big as you can go with the Windsor V8.

"The car went heaps better with that first round of changes," recalls Ramsin "but it didn’t go as well on the strip as I’d hoped." The best time recorded was a flat 14. "I suppose it wasn’t likely to go any faster given the standard automatic trannie and the overall weight," he says. With Ramsin in the driver’s seat, the car is said to tip the scales at around 1920kg...

The next move was nitrous - or chemical supercharging, as Ramsin puts it.

In the first instance, a 80hp dry shot was given the nod. This improved quarter mile performance to a 12.9 – but not without some problems. Despite fitment of some monster studs, the factory cast iron heads kept lifting.

The answer was a fully built motor.

The internals of that 347ci stroked Windsor now boasts quality forged pistons, a ‘Stage 3’ camshaft, TrickFlow alloy heads and a Trickflow intake manifold. The exhaust system was further improved with fitment of Herrod tuned-length extractors and a custom twin 2 ½-inch pipe arrangement. The fuel system was also upgraded with a high-volume pump and the nitrous set-up changed to a 110hp wet system activated only at WOT between 2700 and 5800 rpm. A nitrous bottle warmer ensures the appropriate nitrous pressure at all times. Croydon Motorsport is credited with tuning the nitrous set-up.

Power? An impressive 406 horsepower at back wheels on a Dyno Dynamics chassis dyno.

The long-suffering stock 4-speed auto transmission has recently been introduced to a 3500 rpm stall converter and a shorter 3.91:1 LSD rear. Ramsin tells us the engine really wants to pull hard at anything over about 3200 rpm.

With a set of slicks crammed under the rear guards the car has recently run a best time of 11.72-seconds at 114 mph. Ramsin makes the point that this time was achieved with the car running in 100 percent street trim (aside from the slicks). He also says the brakes aren’t strong enough to let him stall it up to more than 2800 rpm. Ideally, he’d like to launch at just over 3000 rpm.

Inside, this car is anything but a stripped out racer. The standard XR8 trim is nothing too flash, so Ramsin factory optioned his with leather, Momo wheel and gear knob, electric sunroof and REX. REX, in case you didn’t know, is Ford’s Rear Entertainment Xtreme system comprising a LCD screen, DVD and Play Station compatibility. He has also added an AutoMeter monster tacho and shift light to the A-pillar as well as an all-important nitrous pressure gauge.

With the nitrous prep’d engine built by Herrod Motorsport more than a year ago, Ramsin is rapt in his XR8’s performance and reliability. "It hasn’t missed a beat and you can drive it interstate without fear of it misbehaving or overheating," he says. We’re told it’s also very streetable despite the lumpy Stage 3 camshaft.

Ramsin is more into straight-line go than cornering prowess so it makes sense that much of the XR-spec suspension has been left standard. The only change is Koni adjustable shocks front and rear. The ABS-controlled braking arrangement has also been enhanced with aftermarket slotted discs.

So where to from here? Well, as mentioned, Ramsin is pretty happy in the car’s current abilities but he does have a couple of extra ideas in store... There’s a new set of nitrous foggers on their way and it’s likely the existing nitrous arrangement will cop a fiddling. But without any mayor mechanical changes, Ramsin is confident of cracking low 11s.

And – yes – that’s still using the non-supercharged Windsor V8...

Contact/Thanks:

Herrod Motorsport +61 3 9464 5100

Croydon Racing Developments +61 2 9648 4264

Ramsin would like to thank his wife, kids and "Mr Fix It".

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 11:56 AM   #13
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
That pic isn't showing. Do you mean this one ?
Ooops, forgot to save it

This is it...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4ord.jpg (83.8 KB, 192 views)
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 01:05 PM   #14
Stav
Smile

Its a shame that it doesn't post non nitrous times with the final engine. Sure hes run an 11 but that is with nitrous. The best na time in that article is a 14 second pass for a 347 ci monster.What a shame. I think my six wagon appears much sexier than I thought.

Old 14-05-2006, 01:31 PM   #15
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

sounds like a real animal !!!

1920kg with the driver ??? holy crap
Old 14-05-2006, 04:13 PM   #16
5 FTR 5
Made the 300 :0)

Is this guy huge or has the AU found some more weight I thougth the AU was around 1700 kg :yeees:
Old 14-05-2006, 05:38 PM   #17
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i saw the car at some not so legit drags years ago in herrod form and it laid big fishtails i thought about lining him up in my te50 series 1 but thought better of it after his impressive skid. it was really tough sounding back then and appeared to have some go after seeing that car i was unimpressed with the te.
phat_stak_tipa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 06:05 PM   #18
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Ive raced this car at WSID, he ran 11.2 on slicks. It was over a year ago at WSID.
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 01:41 AM   #19
Bundy
All Ford Club Life Member
Donating Member3

I spoke to the bloke the other weekend of the snapon topfuelers
nice bloke, yes it does go hard in the street series bracket although on the day "grover" and his xd falcon ute won out of the 31 starters, not bad for a first effort and the 12 hour run from brisy towing it there, we had a ball.
Anyway back to the "4ORD" machine he told me it has run low 10's now and the gearbox was finally replaced with a C4 after the orginal gave up the ghost from 4 years hard floggin'. He also mentioned that if he was to build again he would have gone the superchager route instead. that said I did get some good footage of him in the starting lane doing a strong burnout & sounding super tough.

heres the link for the vid

and one more

Worked AU XR8 Ute - Toy

Std FG XR6T Ute - Daily

Supercharged BA 6 Ute - Wife's daily

351W F150 93 XLT 4x4 Supercab

Last edited by Bundy; 17-05-2006 at 01:52 AM.
Bundy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 10:35 AM   #20
BJMXR

Sounds awesome!
Lowered on King SL & SSL
KONI "Yellows" Fully Adjustable Shocks
2.5in Stainless Herrods Cat back
Black Leather Interior
BJMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 10:35 AM   #21
HLC
Audi S3

that bonnet bulge/scoop looking this is horrible.