Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
prydey
Rob

Default Still very much a buyers market

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/results.aspx?tabID=304727&Qpb=true&keywords=&Searc hAction=N&N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%20429 4966463%204294966285%204294965775%204294933368&sid =12E155E8E2FE&Nne=15&tsrc=allcarhome&Ns=pCar_Price Sort_Decimal|0||pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_Make_S tring|0||pCar_Model_String|0

obviously its an early one but $16600 with 26700km and zf6sp is pretty good value if you ask me.

there was a 09 6sp auto on there yesterday with 16000km for $19000 which has been sold obviously.

out of habit, i'm always browsing the market (for no real reason) and theres some great value to be had at the moment.

edit - can't get link to work. i was browsing fg xr6.

prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 09:56 AM   #2
SSD-85
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Default Re: Still very much a buyers market

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey

out of habit, i'm always browsing the market (for no real reason) and theres some great value to be had at the moment.
I agree, im always doing the same thing. 17k for a FG is insane value for money.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
stevz
Banned

If anything it just highlights the shocking resale value of the falcon and why new buyers are staying away.
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #4
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz
If anything it just highlights the shocking resale value of the falcon and why new buyers are staying away.
not necessarily. some people just need to get rid of cars for a variety of reasons. the majority of 6sp auto low km xr6's are still $20k +

its normally the private sales that dive in price. most dealers still want over $22k.

early ones are getting to the end of the warranty period too.
Old 29-03-2011, 10:44 AM   #5
RAPID_BA
Banned

Theres a thread in the boss section where GT owners insist a BA GT-P is worth upto $35000 and will command $30000 all day long? To them its a sellers market.
RAPID_BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 10:46 AM   #6
RAPID_BA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85
I agree, im always doing the same thing. 17k for a FG is insane value for money.
I never judge the market value looking at the cheapest possible example available, some are rough examples and there is a reason why they are cheaper, km or been in a smash etc

Some people on here like to poke fun and say a ba xr8 can be had for $12k, what sort of rough as guts dinged up high km bomb would they get?
RAPID_BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #7
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You really are living in a dream Hulk , you are happy to talk up XR8s because you have one but want to run down the thoughts of owners with FPVs.
One day you might arrive back in reality , but i somehow doubt it.
GT450
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #8
stevz
Banned

Quote:
its normally the private sales that dive in price. most dealers still want over $22k.
Take away the dealer's profit margin of about $4-5k and you are left with a trade in value of $17-18k (if you're lucky). I take it you would be happy with that after paying $37k a little over 12 months earlier?
Old 29-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #9
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT450
You really are living in a dream Hulk , you are happy to talk up XR8s because you have one but want to run down the thoughts of owners with FPVs.
One day you might arrive back in reality , but i somehow doubt it.
GT450
Sad isn't it, really though do we want him in reality with us?? lol
Old 29-03-2011, 12:36 PM   #10
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Take away the dealer's profit margin of about $4-5k and you are left with a trade in value of $17-18k (if you're lucky). I take it you would be happy with that after paying $37k a little over 12 months earlier?
no, these are nearly 3 years old. 2010 models are still fetching quite a bit more. resale has never been flash, but its no worse now than it was 10yrs ago.

one small difference is the fact that xr6's are a high volume seller these days. they are almost the base model, so they aren't as 'special' as they used to be.
Old 29-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #11
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If you look in the right places, you can find very decent cars for very cheap prices. The following car is from one of the government fleet auctions, and its pretty typical.

Quote:
COMMODORE OMEGA SEDAN VE FEBRUARY 2009 AUTO Kms: 63175 $15500.00
Engine: 3.6L (Petrol) Colour: HERON WHITE
Options: Dual Air Bags, Antilock Brake System, Alloy Wheels, Cruise Control, FE2 Sports Suspension, Electronic Stability Program, Front & Rear Parking Sensors, Front & Rear Curtain Air Bags
If you bought it privately 2 years ago, it would have been $36000 (altho fleets would get it cheaper than this). Its lost $10000 per year for the last 2 years. Its lost 33 cents per kilometre in depreciation, whereas the petrol cost would have been about 13 cents per kilometre.

A high price to pay to try and get the new car smell.
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #12
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Glad I am not alone on this.
Thing is you always find great deals or cars you like when you cannot/should not buy a car.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #13
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

How bout an XB GT COUPE replica... $10,000...
I'd say thats a bargain....

http://adelaide.gumtree.com.au/c-Car...AdIdZ270569819

Advertised at $15,000 - took $10,000...
I was too slow...
Old 29-03-2011, 06:44 PM   #14
SSD-85
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA
I never judge the market value looking at the cheapest possible example available, some are rough examples and there is a reason why they are cheaper, km or been in a smash etc

Some people on here like to poke fun and say a ba xr8 can be had for $12k, what sort of rough as guts dinged up high km bomb would they get?
The same could be said for ones that are being palmed off for the "average" price too....

Its a matter of using the thing between your ears and assessing the car to your own satisfaction.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 07:02 PM   #15
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebilda
A high price to pay to try and get the new car smell.
Especially when you can buy that in a can these days! LOL!

Depreciation sure is a killer. If I had the money to front up for a new G6ET and diesel Terry though, I would. Sadly, I don't.

I certainly take my hat off to those who can and do, and do their bit to keep Ford alive and manufacturing in this country.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 07:04 PM   #16
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Yup it was like the time just after we got the BF. Bought it for 18 with a trade in. We were all somewhat dissapointed with it and went to see what we can get on it if we try and trade it for somthing else. The dealer said ok, let me look up redbook.

Car worth 21 grand was now worth 14 grand. Still under 40xxxkms and still has a perfect body/interior.

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #17
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebilda

Quote:
COMMODORE OMEGA SEDAN VE FEBRUARY 2009 AUTO Kms: 63175 $15500.00
Engine: 3.6L (Petrol) Colour: HERON WHITE
Options: Dual Air Bags, Antilock Brake System, Alloy Wheels, Cruise Control, FE2 Sports Suspension, Electronic Stability Program, Front & Rear Parking Sensors, Front & Rear Curtain Air Bags
If you bought it privately 2 years ago, it would have been $36000 (altho fleets would get it cheaper than this). Its lost $10000 per year for the last 2 years. Its lost 33 cents per kilometre in depreciation, whereas the petrol cost would have been about 13 cents per kilometre.
Sounds like an ex-police car to me. White Omega with FE2 suspension and parking sensors is a dead giveaway. Not exactly a valid comparison as ex police cars are generally avoided by buyers and are much harder to sell, hence the cheaper price.
Old 29-03-2011, 07:22 PM   #18
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

the buyer can walk away.....

Alot of sellers on the other hand feel the market out @ top dollar with no dire need of a sale....

Sounds like someone that isn't desperate to buy VS someone that isn't desperate to sell..

Note: dealers excluded as they are the target sale yard for both opposites (be it finance to purchasers ) or trade-ins to must have keeping up with the Jones's

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 07:25 PM   #19
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sounds like an ex-police car to me. White Omega with FE2 suspension and parking sensors is a dead giveaway. Not exactly a valid comparison as ex police cars are generally avoided by buyers and are much harder to sell, hence the cheaper price.

Plus it was an auction
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 07:29 PM   #20
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
Plus it was an auction
it depends alot of wether the car was 'auctioned' in the sense where people could bid on its' worth
or:_
The two major players in Qld auction houses now will have 'bid now' and 'fixed price' outside of the car even making the auction lanes....

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #21
PimpMyHubcap
You wanna do what??

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Article supplied on BA IRS oil change 

Quote:
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/results.aspx?tabID=304727&Qpb=true&keywords=&Searc hAction=N&N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%20429 4966463%204294966285%204294965775%204294933368&sid =12E155E8E2FE&Nne=15&tsrc=allcarhome&Ns=pCar_Price Sort_Decimal|0||pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_Make_S tring|0||pCar_Model_String|0
Sent 2 emails to this seller today with no reply. Must be busy or ......

Cheers

Cleaning wheelie bins-
Cats are good too. Fill to about 20cm with water, add soap and cat. Hold lid firmly closed for two minutes. Be sure to stand well clear when releasing cat.

All Whirlpool gold.
PimpMyHubcap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 07:51 PM   #22
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
not necessarily. some people just need to get rid of cars for a variety of reasons. the majority of 6sp auto low km xr6's are still $20k +

Yes. People buy cars and then trade up in three years... get it from the same dealer change finance over and hand back the keys. As in terms of resale value... Falcon's is excellent. BMW has a shocking resale value.... models 4-5 years old drastically lose value.

But the other when reading the auto section of the local paper. I saw a 2008 Camry Altise going for $13990. I couldn't believe my eyes. a 2008 Falcon can sell for about $17-18k.
Old 29-03-2011, 07:57 PM   #23
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Quote:
Theres a thread in the boss section where GT owners insist a BA GT-P is worth upto $35000 and will command $30000 all day long? To them its a sellers market.

Said by the very same total and utter MORON who bags out T series cars in several diffrent topics. To justify the bagging, he said he drove one (on this forum) and it wasnt as good as a Holdon product, then admitted later (on this very same forum) he hasnt driven one..

Go away

Back on topic, of course its a buyers market, theres plenty of cars of all varieties out there to choose from, and more so a flood of second hand BA/BF and FG's, so if you wanna sell or need to sell, you need to do something so your ad stands out amongst all the others..

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 08:06 PM   #24
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:

So what are you actually saying ??
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #25
PimpMyHubcap
You wanna do what??

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Article supplied on BA IRS oil change 

Quote:
Please dont stop looking or posting Scotty or prydey. I WAS looking for a BA/BF around 7k to hold for 2 years then give to my 15yld but if this is the way pricing is going then I will be looking at early FG`s.

Cheers

Cleaning wheelie bins-
Cats are good too. Fill to about 20cm with water, add soap and cat. Hold lid firmly closed for two minutes. Be sure to stand well clear when releasing cat.

All Whirlpool gold.
Old 29-03-2011, 10:15 PM   #26
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

Quote:

BA XR8 is now up to 7-8 years old. They can be had cheap. They are (like all falcons/FPV's) a tarted up taxi. The XR8 can be thirsty and is not overly sophisticated.

If people like their car they will look past the financial value and find something else about it they like.

If you buy the best possible BA XR8 for $20k do you have twice the car than if you bought the high k car for $10k?

They are still the same car, and if you have faith in the product, and plan on using it it shouldn't matter that much.

It really depends on what you want the car for.

Second hand car market is great at the moment for the buyer.
Old 30-03-2011, 02:08 PM   #27
bob129

yep, I think the market is flooded with XR6's N/A and Turbo's from BA-FG.
I'm trying to sell my BF N/A Xr6 with heaps of factory extra's, haven't had a bite, have to keep lowering the price :(
bob129 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #28
PimpMyHubcap
You wanna do what??

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...r=0&__Ns=pCar_ PriceSort_Decimal|0||pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_M ake_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=&__N=12 16%201246%201247%201252%201282%204294966463%204294 966285%204294965775%204294933368&SearchAction=N&si lo=1011&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=1249 &__sid=12E155E8E2FE

Ad is still there. I have had no reply to my emails. Maybe a Nigerian new-car dealer/hydrologist on holidays away from his computer??

Bring on your best excuse why this guy hasnt replied. (having it already sold and couldnt be stuffed telling anyone is lame )

Cheers

Cleaning wheelie bins-

All Whirlpool gold.
Old 31-03-2011, 09:19 PM   #29
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

There is no way that is a serious ad. It's not only insane value for money, but insanely unrealistic.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #30
PimpMyHubcap
You wanna do what??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-WORKN
There is no way that is a serious ad. It's not only insane value for money, but insanely unrealistic.
Good call 8. All up I have been scammed for ......the 1 minute it took me to reply via email and here is what I got:

Hi again and sorry for my late reply, I must say that the car was sent at a warehouse in Darwin,NT because I've recently moved in Spain with my job. I'm now working for Seat S.A. in Madrid, Spain so I'm forced to handle the transaction from here. I love this car but I can't afford to keep it there and I need the money fast so I can pay off some debts. I want this deal to be as smooth as possible as I am caught in the middle of some very important events and I have very short time at my disposal. I can provide you free shipping with 5 days inspection period, while you'll be able to see and test the car before buying it.
I would like to close this deal through eBay because carsales doesn't provide us any purchase protection, if that's OK with you.
We will use eBay Buyer Protection so please check this link in order to see how it works:

http://ebay-australia.transactions-a...ction/Program/

If you are a serious buyer please email me your full name and address for shipping (I remind you that the shipping is totally free so you don't need to pay any extra fees) and also your ebay user id in order to move forward.

I don't want to waste your time or mine so I hope I will get a fast reply with your decision.

Thank you,
Trent Faulkner

Wonder if that anti-scamming site is still going? Anyone taken these further to annoy the crap out of the scammers?

Cheers

Cleaning wheelie bins-

All Whirlpool gold.