Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-10-2006, 08:06 AM   #1
Donut King
Officially Unemployed!

Default 2006 AIMS: Stylish Focus Range Gains Smooth New European Addition

2006 Australian International Motor Show: Stylish Focus Range Gains Smooth New European Addition

Ford's stylish range of small vehicles just got a whole lot sexier with the announcement that the fun and exciting Focus Coupe-Cabriolet will join the line-up in 2007.

"The elegant new Focus Coupe-Cabriolet will arrive in the second half of the year and will introduce Focus to a whole new group of customers, specifically those who desire a sexy, smooth drop-top tourer," said Ford Australia President Tom Gorman.

Designed in partnership with Pininfarina S.p.A, the Focus Coupé-Cabriolet exudes elegance and style with the hardtop up or down.

Its distinctive rear is characterised by unique tail lights linked by a chrome strip bearing an embossed Focus logo to give the new model a premium feel. This is further enhanced by a unique front bumper shape and distinctive wheel arches.

Inside, the car’s dashboard layout follows the style of other Focus models, but with a new colour scheme developed to distinguish it as a flagship and complement the car's striking exterior.

"Focus Coupé-Cabriolet is a full four seater offering the comfort expected of a well appointed touring car," said Mr Gorman.

"It will be offered with a manual or optional automatic transmission so enthusiasts of all driving persuasions, be they weekend cruisers or those wanting a more involving drive, will be able to experience and appreciate this appealing new model."

The new Coupé-Cabriolet retains the Focus brand's inspired and involving driving dynamics. This has been achieved by basing the Coupé-Cabriolet on the inherently rigid four-door Focus saloon underbody and front body structure and ensuring that most new body parts are made from high-strength steel.

It’s also big on practicality - with the roof closed, the Focus Coupé-Cabriolet offers 534 litres luggage capacity, and with the hardtop stowed, there is still 248 litres of luggage space.

"The clever two-piece folding hardtop takes just 29 seconds to open or close," said Mr Gorman.

Safety is paramount and the Focus Coupé-Cabriolet has additional features to assist its passive safety performance. In addition to standard front and side airbags, the vehicle is designed to help protect passengers in the event of a vehicle rollover.

If the system detects an imminent roll, two safety roll-bars "fire" and extend out by up to 20cm to provide a supportive safety strut along with the ultra-strong windscreen pillars to help protect the car's occupants.

Additional details regarding the new model, including specifications, price and on sale date will be released closer to launch.

"Focus Coupé-Cabriolet is a fun, stylish and sophisticated model that will join the outstanding Focus XR5 Turbo as a natural and exciting extension of the Focus brand," said Mr Gorman.

"Focus Coupé-Cabriolet will become the convertible to be seen in."

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image30707_b.jpg (89.4 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg image30710_b.jpg (119.6 KB, 152 views)

Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 09:14 AM   #2
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Nice addition to the range for Ford Supporting Ladys or Male hairdressers...
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 09:36 AM   #3
BlackLS

First Ford Convertable since the Capri. Hopefully it doesn't follow in its footsteps in terms of quality.

Its doesn't look too bad, although it looks slightly long, it perhaps could have gone with the taller sedan rear end.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 09:38 AM   #4
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

ooohhh be nithe darrrling. race you be the first owner in australia....NOT :
Old 26-10-2006, 09:40 AM   #5
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

That car is mint! A good choice for Ford Aust to bring that in. My mum will want one for sure!
Old 26-10-2006, 09:41 AM   #6
Fair302
Life is a Ride!

Now we just have to see if they bring out the Fiesta ST otherwise I think that we have found my wife's next car.

: 2011 Honda CB400 - Pearl White; Megacycle slip-on, Some Carbon Fibre & More... 2010 Yamaha Virago 250 - Burgandy
Fair302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 09:45 AM   #7
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair302
Now we just have to see if they bring out the Fiesta ST otherwise I think that we have found my wife's next car.
im going in my lunch break i will see if i can find anything out, unless any1 else gets there first....hmm 5 min walk. hehehehe

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 09:57 AM   #8
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Just watched the live feed and Mr Gorman did hit about possible Fiesta performance varient, but did not elaborate on it, but they didnt show anything and obviously it aint there.
Old 26-10-2006, 10:01 AM   #9
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Just watched the live feed and Mr Gorman did hit about possible Fiesta performance varient, but did not elaborate on it, but they didnt show anything and obviously it aint there.
we will see. i will ask about it damo, dont worry, you dont have to start crying just yet!!.....i will have news for you by this afternoon okay!!!

Old 26-10-2006, 10:08 AM   #10
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I was on the edge of my seat when he was talking about fiesta xr5 etc then al of a sudden as they were gonna reveal what was under the sheet. it turned out to be the focus Cab i was cut
Old 26-10-2006, 10:23 AM   #11
Donut King
Officially Unemployed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
im going in my lunch break i will see if i can find anything out, unless any1 else gets there first....hmm 5 min walk. hehehehe
Motorshow doesn't open to the public till tonight, the media day is on now...

Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 10:35 AM   #12
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut King
Motorshow doesn't open to the public till tonight, the media day is on now...
i knoe

Old 28-10-2006, 11:49 AM   #13
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
They showed the Fiesta ST at a previous show, possibly Melbourne earlier this year.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 08:03 PM   #14
Hawk
I am The Brain!

Looks very Saab at the rear...but doesn't look too bad. That colour in the photos is awful though.

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 09:19 PM   #15
HLC
Audi S3

it has an awful rear end.
Old 28-10-2006, 09:38 PM   #16
blackahcdx

Why Ford went with the old 2 piece roof design, thus adding a longer rear and and making a compromised look with the roof up, instead of doing a 3 piece roof like the new Astra Twintop i just can't understand.
blackahcdx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 03:16 AM   #17
Franky
Bring back the Phase

oh my that looks just fabulous!
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 04:43 AM   #18
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
First Ford Convertable since the Capri.
No its not. The small batch of SVT Cobra's they imported here in '01/'02 were available as convertible too.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 03:16 PM   #19
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackahcdx
Why Ford went with the old 2 piece roof design, thus adding a longer rear and and making a compromised look with the roof up, instead of doing a 3 piece roof like the new Astra Twintop i just can't understand.
I can't see the problem, it looks fine with the roof up. From memory you're a Holden salesman aren't you.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 08:08 PM   #20
blackahcdx

It looks fine, but it doesn't look fabulous.

The two piece compromises the looks of the car too much.
blackahcdx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post