Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-10-2006, 09:52 PM   #1
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Default QLD To Vic Wreck Reg Experience

Anyone ever done a QLD to Vic Wreck Reg on a vehicle before? what was your experience, in terms of... was it alot of **** farting around... the 'middle man' being nsw... will you need to get a second wreck reg there?

Just asking from peoples personal experiences, I will still have a talk to queensland transport though, just want to get a rough idea before hand.

--
What a ***** to change license from vic to qld one... I don't have any proof of a permanent address.. because I am on holidays here for however long.... but would of liked to change vic to qld license, then reg the vehicle, then sort everything out when I get back to VIC... but instead I would have to fill out alot of papers!

I would of liked to register a vehicle in qld.. with my vic license.. but i'm not a perm-resident here :P

edit: I had a talk to QLD Transport about wreck reg and stuff, but only got short information... basically.
If I get a wreck reg, I will need to fill out a few forms (as normal) .. then go to any insurance company, get out a 'wreck reg' insurance... than put all forms together, then send it off to QLT or w/ever. :(
guess i'll have to do it the hard way.

kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2006, 10:09 PM   #2
fmc351
let it burn

Wreck reg?

You mean temp rego? Like a permit to move an unregistered vehicle? We only get them by the day here in Qld, total of rego and insurance is around $86.

DOT (Dept of Transport) want around $17 per day, and the insurance company want around $68, but will add days for about $2 a day on top. Suncorp work that way anyway.

So it would be
$17 per day +
$68+
$ 2 per additional day.

Not sure on interstate travel though. NSW will let you drive anywhere, including to Qld, but require a RWC to get one, and trip must start in NSW.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2006, 10:09 PM   #3
AU-MUSTD
Flat floor shifter

I'm confused to what your asking?? If it is about re- registering a qld written off car to vic reg then you need to first get a vic roadworthy , book the car in for a vic roads check which includes all reciepts proving car was fixed by qualified people and to an excellent standard and then to vic roads to pick up your plates. This was done with my wifes subaru and was a hassle but it is for the good of the industry and consumer so yeah i hope this helps and is what you were after.
AU-MUSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 08:41 AM   #4
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

nah car isn't a write off.. i just need to get it to vic (driven back) but i can't register the car in QLD on my VIC license, if i get to NSW i need to tow the car to an authorised roadworthy inspection place... not sure if a QLD temp reg will be able to drive through nsw.

when my old man brang a car back from NSW to VIC...
he had to get it towed to a wreckers, fix everything that needs fixing & at same time get a wreck reg... then drive it back to vic.
Old 20-10-2006, 09:06 AM   #5
BI6TIM
SnortPerformance.com

Why go back to Vic at all? Surely by now you've realised that QLD is where you wanna be?!
BI6TIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 10:06 AM   #6
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

NSW are "supposed" to honour any other State's arrangements under agreement.
I don't know if this applies to you but, in NSW at least, you can also use an interstate inspection certificate to register a car while you are travelling. That's to cover cases where the car is interstate when your registration is due.
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 10:43 AM   #7
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I bought an unregisterd truck on the Gold Coast and drove it home three years ago on Vic Unregisterd Vehicle Permit. The Vic temp reg is about 29 dollars for 30 days. No problems. The truck was 13 ton GVM.

Steve
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 10:58 AM   #8
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BI6TIM
Why go back to Vic at all? Surely by now you've realised that QLD is where you wanna be?!
yeah i will be here longer then expected, so thats ok hehe... qld is nice, but everyone i know is down in victoria... bit of a long distance :(
Old 20-10-2006, 11:01 AM   #9
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
yeah i will be here longer then expected, so thats ok hehe... qld is nice, but everyone i know is down in victoria... bit of a long distance :(
its called the telephone and internet.....lol

couldnt you just put it on the back of a trailer?

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 11:05 AM   #10
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

i would... but then i will have to bring the trailer back up here(hire) .. otherwise i would have to buy one for $1500(min) :(

I went to beaudesert today where there was 'suppose' to be a qld transport.. but i went there, nothing... will have to go some where else !