Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-06-2007, 12:08 AM   #1
smokiebbear
VX SS II

Default I'm still holdin on to my HOLDEN, because i can't afford the FORD (copyright - me)

Hi guys well as the post suggests i'm a bloody holden driver (and before you all start yes i am in the right forum). I purchased my Holden because the dealership i got finance approved through i had a choice really between 2 standout cars - 2001 VX SS II with only 38,000 vs a BA XR8 2003 with 60,000. Now this was 1 year ago and they were both advertised for 30g but the Holden had full leather interior almost half the k's and they wouldn't budge on the XR8 where as i got the SS down to 25g so it was a pretty simple decision on the day (And a good mate tunes LS1's so i get alot done real cheap). But i really still want a bloody Ford, i'm a Ford man trapped inside a Holden mans body i drive down the street in my Ford Racing jumper people make comments at traffic lights about the jumper and the car i'm drivin hence the slogan i created which i headlined the post with Well i really want a FPV GT-P (used) or something similar once i have paid off the SS probably next few years. Now i'm not sayin the SS is a bad car i have spent almost 6 grand on mods and she'd probably run a mid 12 on the quarter (i'm taking her to Willowbank in a few months but based on the mods i have done i know what to expect) So my big question is who owns or has driven a GT-P and what are they like? Also hi my name is Matt and this is my first post here (hence the long introduction).

Last edited by smokiebbear; 03-06-2007 at 12:11 AM. Reason: SpElLiNg
smokiebbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:15 AM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey matt,

Nice car u have there, even tho it is a Holden they are still a relatively nice car to drive and have plenty of power.

As for the GTP they are a nice car to drive, probarly not as quick as your LS1 but theres always an opportunity to fix that with mods, the only suggestion id make is that if your buying a manual, make sure its a BAMARKII or later with the 6 speed box, or if your buying an Auto make sure its a BF with the 6 speed as they are far far superior then the previous 5 speed manual and 4 speed auto.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:16 AM   #3
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nothing wrong with your VX mate. I reckon they look fantastic. They go pretty hard too :.
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:17 AM   #4
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome :

If I switched to Aussie cars I'd get a LS1?LS2 or and F6/XR6T I reckon so you can't go wrong ;)
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:24 AM   #5
smokiebbear
VX SS II

Yeah it goes pretty hard since i brought it i've put some Pacie Try-Y's on with high flow cats, a twin 2.5 cat back and OTRCAI + Mafless tune (do you have them with a Ford?). My 3.9 diff gears and 3500 convertor will be put in within the next few weeks when i'm land back in Oz. At the moment when i give her full noise at 80kph she breaks out loose all over the road I just feel like a bloody wolf in sheeps clothing drivin it
Old 03-06-2007, 12:28 AM   #6
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

welcome to the forums...

nothing wrong with a little taste of the opposition. my father inlaw is swapping his xr6t for a VE SV6, and boy am i going to give it to him. not only would he not let me take the turbo down the qtr for fear my car might be quicker, the sv6 will be a waste of time.

let us know what your heading out to willowbank... (from now till the end of July is no good for me though. :()
Old 03-06-2007, 12:35 AM   #7
smokiebbear
VX SS II

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
Hey matt,

Nice car u have there, even tho it is a Holden they are still a relatively nice car to drive and have plenty of power.

As for the GTP they are a nice car to drive, probarly not as quick as your LS1 but theres always an opportunity to fix that with mods, the only suggestion id make is that if your buying a manual, make sure its a BAMARKII or later with the 6 speed box, or if your buying an Auto make sure its a BF with the 6 speed as they are far far superior then the previous 5 speed manual and 4 speed auto.
It'll definatly be a manual, the SS is the first auto i've owned, it launches hard etc but i really want more control over what gear i'm in cause to be honest if i'm spendin that much on a car i'd buy it to have a bit of fun in eg: the race track, where as i'm goin for 1/4 mile times in the SS. When i get the Ford she'll definatly be gettin a tune, whole new exhaust etc i'd probably spend 4g on mods to start with and see how it goes from there .... (thats what i said about the SS and i'm already shoppin around for a bigger cam).
Old 03-06-2007, 12:41 AM   #8
smokiebbear
VX SS II

Quote:
Originally Posted by OED666
let us know what your heading out to willowbank... (from now till the end of July is no good for me though. :()
It'll be around August when i go cause i need to get everything changed in my pcm after the diff gears and convertor go in. I'll definatly let you know though
Old 03-06-2007, 11:28 AM   #9
tapeworm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wink woahh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OED666
welcome to the forums...

nothing wrong with a little taste of the opposition. my father inlaw is swapping his xr6t for a VE SV6, and boy am i going to give it to him. not only would he not let me take the turbo down the qtr for fear my car might be quicker, the sv6 will be a waste of time.

xr6t is sooo much better than the sv6, the sv6 will feel **** weak if he's used to the xr6t. Was your father inlaw sane when he said this?
tapeworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:32 AM   #10
zigzagnt

What is wrong with holden?
I am a Holden fan Mainly but i do appreciate when ford do a good car
My parents had An EL falcon which was kind of ordinary i thought But our new BA is brilliant in comparison.Anywho just wanted to say there is NOTHING WRONG WITH HOLDEN
zigzagnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:04 PM   #11
Force6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboz
xr6t is sooo much better than the sv6, the sv6 will feel **** weak if he's used to the xr6t. Was your father inlaw sane when he said this?
He might be changing it because it is a better car interior and comfort wise, not for any gain in performance. That being said he must be insane... can't believe anyone would give up the Turbo 6! Especially not for an SV6.
Force6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:12 PM   #12
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiebbear
Hi guys well as the post suggests i'm a bloody holden driver (and before you all start yes i am in the right forum). I purchased my Holden because the dealership i got finance approved through i had a choice really between 2 standout cars - 2001 VX SS II with only 38,000 vs a BA XR8 2003 with 60,000. Now this was 1 year ago and they were both advertised for 30g but the Holden had full leather interior almost half the k's and they wouldn't budge on the XR8 where as i got the SS down to 25g so it was a pretty simple decision on the day (And a good mate tunes LS1's so i get alot done real cheap). But i really still want a bloody Ford, i'm a Ford man trapped inside a Holden mans body i drive down the street in my Ford Racing jumper people make comments at traffic lights about the jumper and the car i'm drivin hence the slogan i created which i headlined the post with Well i really want a FPV GT-P (used) or something similar once i have paid off the SS probably next few years. Now i'm not sayin the SS is a bad car i have spent almost 6 grand on mods and she'd probably run a mid 12 on the quarter (i'm taking her to Willowbank in a few months but based on the mods i have done i know what to expect) So my big question is who owns or has driven a GT-P and what are they like? Also hi my name is Matt and this is my first post here (hence the long introduction).
what would happen if you tried to trade your holden for a ford
at a different dealer.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:03 PM   #13
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i know guys, but he does have a good reason.

The xr has got 145,000k's in a bit over 2 years. fuel usage and reliabilty (just been off the road for 6 weeks, turbo problem) is a big thing as they do ALOT of driving. Plus i think its good for his type of business (director of A1 Exhausts) to change makes now and then. He is a Ford guy at heart though.

the main goal now is to convinence smokiebear to save his pennies and get behind the wheel of a ford, and not behind them on the outside...