Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-01-2008, 12:53 PM   #1
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default You know what grinds my gears?

Those people who for whatever reason enters into their miniscule mind that swinging out to the left to turn right is a good idea? i have had so many near misses with people in the centre of their lane in the right hand side of the road swing out to the left to turn right! Luckily i havnt had the chance to stop, get out and abuse them because they have hit me but it has to be inevitable as so many people do it.
And i could resort to "racism" here because the majority are of one particular race but i wont get into that..

I hope you dont do it, its bloody dangerous!

Fev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 12:55 PM   #2
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

And they hit the brakes and slow down before they put their indicator on - if you know you have to hit the brakes and slow down to make the corner then turn your indicator on GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:00 PM   #3
EF302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeh, most the time it's a small car that can make the turn easily. id like to see these people drive a big vehicle, or attempt too.....
EF302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:04 PM   #4
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive seen a small accident happen because of this. It was quite amusing cause the lady in the wrong was trying to blame the other lady.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:07 PM   #5
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

what ticks me off more so is the experiance i've had with cab drivers (not going to say race, but im guessing you all know),
past 2 weeks i've been driving merely along the road n some cab drive pulls straigh out in front of you, or cuts you off in yoru lane...or making a u-turn when ever they feel like it...
meh...
- Ash
3:4:5 LSD diff
JMM Extractors
2.5" Stainless Steel highflow cat
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors
Lowered on Pedders Sports Ryders
....and a cherry scented airfreshner

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.
Hybrid34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:08 PM   #6
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

"You know what grinds my gears"

An incorrectly adjusted clutch??
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:09 PM   #7
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

try driving through Sydney CBD at around 9:00 late in the week when there is alot of people about, driving back north from gigs at the hordern its a bloody night mare! almost had my mirrors ripped off multiple times.. I HATE CAB DRIVERS! except the cabbies in the Lwb's, they know how to drive(mostly)
Old 11-01-2008, 01:11 PM   #8
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

I'm hearin ya chief, but it's gettin a bit too serious around here of late :
Old 11-01-2008, 01:13 PM   #9
perthxr6t
PERTHXR6T

Seen that plenty of times maybe they want to be truck drivers. And has anybody had the pleasure of f*ckwits that come flying past you in the left hand lane only to cut in front of you in the right hand lane then brake turn the indicator on and turn right!! WTF

Sometimes i wish i was in a big F650 with a bull bar so i could help them on there merry way.

Panther Black XR5T Mondeo
Sunroof
BlueTooth
Mods So Far

Air Box Mod
Lowered Eibach Springs 25mm
Alloy foot Pedals
Waiting for the Edit to come
Custom Cat Back Zorst
perthxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:13 PM   #10
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

yeah that drives me NUTS!!!!
i've gone into a 4 wheel lockup in the XC to slide past, boy was i ****ed!
XCSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:14 PM   #11
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you know what grinds my gears its emus i mean are they birds or what stop walking and take to the skies or at least set a few land speed records like the ostrich those things kicked up dust like you wouldnt beleive when they put the pedal to the metal i wonder where ossie ostrich is now
||| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:26 PM   #12
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
"You know what grinds my gears"

An incorrectly adjusted clutch??
Classic.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:37 PM   #13
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a nice big F650 would be a great crowd clearer
Old 11-01-2008, 01:52 PM   #14
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by perthxr6t
Seen that plenty of times maybe they want to be truck drivers. And has anybody had the pleasure of f*ckwits that come flying past you in the left hand lane only to cut in front of you in the right hand lane then brake turn the indicator on and turn right!! WTF

Sometimes i wish i was in a big F650 with a bull bar so i could help them on there merry way.
Man this totally s**ts me off as well. Weaving in traffic should always be avoided where possible anyway, if no other reason that it increases the risk of an accident (and usually doesn't work anyway). But using the far left lane (supposedly for slow cars on a multi lane) gets on my nerves the most when they go an fly accross your nose so they can turn right anyway!

A young guy and a bunch of his mates in the old Rav4 (of all things??) came up alongside me on the riverside expressway in brisbane one night, in the far left lane (which is clealry marked and signposted as a left turn only lane for an exit) with the obvious intention to pass me and then duck back in. The right lanes weren't all that busy and were already a bit above the speed limit. I don't usually do this but i wasn't in the mood this evening so i decided to gently accelerate to see what he would do - with his lane peeling off at the upcoming exit he tried to go even faster, which i easilly matched - forcing him to brake and get behind me, eventually passing on my right (the logical place to start with!) with his mates yelling abuse from the window. I had the last laugh later when he got stuck in the right turning lanes ahead, and as i passed i used some hand signals to convey my views on his dimwitted driving!!!!

Note: i don't condone my actions on this occasion but sometimes these people need to learn their lesson (at the very least do it in a car that can get the job done properly, not an overloaded rav!)
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:02 PM   #15
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i nearly had the front right hand side of my car ripped off by some dumbshit concreter in thornleigh a while back. he was driving dead beside me and decided to change into my lane.. stupid , i hit the brakes, leaned on the horn and gave him the finger, and that had the audacity to stick his up at me! stupid lebo(sorry, but the ones i have had experiences with are all arrogant pricks)
Old 11-01-2008, 03:04 PM   #16
SVTVNM
Guzzler

I so agree with everyone, One of my pet hates is sitting on 110 (cruisecontrol) on the western freeway to or from Melbourne and getting stuck behind two cars the one in the left lane is going 90 and the one in the right lane is going 95. Why can't people just eccelerate to pass someone quickly and get out of everyones way, Also people who go slow up hill and speed down hill, it is so anoying if you have cruise control bucause you end up going past each other the whole trip, also people who drive under the limit in a 100/110 zone, say about 95 and if there is a slower limit for roadworks etc.. they don't slow down so they go past you and then when the limit goes bak up you go past them.
SVTVNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:19 PM   #17
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

single lane 100km zone poeple in front doing 90km get to overtaking lanes there up to 110km then when your back to single lane their back to 90km this grinds my gears
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:40 PM   #18
JC260

You know what grinds my gears?

Before i owned my first car (i was 19, now 24), My dear ol mum would let me use her car.
It was a white 1997 nissan pulsar in pretty much brand new condition and was her pride and joy, not a mark on her (the car, not mum). Now i have to set the scene a bit here so bear with me!

i drove in Civic (canberra city)one night, parked up then meet up with some friends.
Now i'm always very carefull where and how i park and made sure there was PLENTY of space for other cars to park too.
Anyway, i came back to the car about 4 hrs later, jumped in and drove home. :eclipsee_

The next day my dad picked me up from work and asked me what had happened to car the night before? Completely oblivious i said "nothing" and his response "ok, you tell your mother that" my a$$ started to make some nervous noises...

I came home to find mum going off the deep end!: The car had the left side doors smashed in and covered with blue paint!

It turns out some pi**ed smackhead (they would have to have been drunk not to notice or care as it would've done a fair bit of damage to their car too) who was parked next to me the night before, backed out and just smashed into my mum's car and drove off... no note, nothing!
Roughly two new door skins and door moulding's worth.

I got the third degree from them (mum and dad) both and explained what i'd done the night before...
and was then banned from taking the car anywhere but my GF's house or work.
For the next 12 months every blue car i saw i checked out lol!

I can only hope Karma caught up with the ba*tard. Or at least my mother... but i hope for his sake it was karma... :

THE LAST-BA XR8|BLUEPRINT|5 SPEED|19"ROH VAPOUR'S|BPR CAI|KINGS SL & SSL|DBA SLOTTED|DJR BOBTAIL|LEATHER|

THE NEW-FAMILY SPEC ZD ESCAPE...
JC260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:41 PM   #19
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I really get irritated when I'm stuck behind someone doing 70 in an 80 zone, and for a good 5 minutes, the waver from 65-75, and then, further down the road, where it changes to a 60 zone, they just keep going 70.

Also when you're going around a sharpish bend, and someone in the on-comming lane crosses the centre line, into your lane, and pretty much right infront of you, in order to turn the corner.

And along a similar vein, I hate when you're driving behind people travelling around 55 in a 60 zone, and then they brake, then brake, then brake, down to nearly 30, comming up to a bend, then they still cut accross the centreline when gonig around the bend anyway.

I have 1001 things that grind my gears, but lets keep it somewhat positive :P

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
broken_suave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:48 PM   #20
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The big issue is peopel not staying in their lanes.

Yesterday up in Boronia was was turning out of some street to turn left into Mountain Highway and some Commodore was 1/4 in my lane...had to drive in the gutter.

Lines are there for a reason...to stay within them, except when changing lanes, which is accompanied by an indication and a non-sudden change. Unfortunately, people don't use indicators much now.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:48 PM   #21
SVTVNM
Guzzler

One thing thing that really got to me a few weeks ago i was on the way to Melbourne and going from 110 zone to 90 to 60(roadworks) at Caroline Springs and Dear Park, Melbournians will now the place. I slowed to 60 and as expaected all the slow pokes in the 110 zone flogged past me. But what the kicker was the first 2 cars that passed me doing at least 90-100 in a 60 zone were Police officers obviously on thier way to work. In thier private cars ofcourse but clearly in police uniforms. I only wish I new what station they were on there way to, I would have stopped there and put in my 2 bobs worth.
SVTVNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:55 PM   #22
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Hey you wouldn't read about it but i just went to pick my nephew up from work and i was crossing the large roundabout near Holdens and this old couple in a Pajero stopped in the middle of the roundabout....now thats ironic considering there was a thread about it earlier.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:58 PM   #23
Sloth

The thing that gets me fuming is when you're driving down a road and there's a person waiting at a give way/stop sign on a side road, waiting to turn to go the same direction as you.
There's no cars behind you for miles so they could safely pull out, but they insist on pulling out in front of you instead of waiting 3 seconds for you to go past. This means you have to slow right down until they slowly get their Echo or Corolla up to 50km because they're so feather light on the throttle because they think it saves the planet.

Rant over.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:04 PM   #24
Quicksand
Lucky, lucky bastard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
Hey you wouldn't read about it but i just went to pick my nephew up from work and i was crossing the large roundabout near Holdens and this old couple in a Pajero stopped in the middle of the roundabout....now thats ironic considering there was a thread about it earlier.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:40 PM   #25
xbandrew
THATXB

was drivng down a freeway from geelong the other day and some knob in front of me was doing 60, the most annoying thing in the world because everyone in the lane next to you is going way to fast for you to merge in from 60, so u have to either cut someone off or wait for ages till theres a big enuf gap
Old 11-01-2008, 05:00 PM   #26
ImpGonads
Fart Powered™

Dont know if its just WA, but not many people know who has right of way in certain intersections... Heaven help you when the traffic lights are down its like kwinana raceway!
Old 11-01-2008, 05:06 PM   #27
scoupedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVNM
I so agree with everyone, One of my pet hates is sitting on 110 (cruisecontrol) on the western freeway to or from Melbourne and getting stuck behind two cars the one in the left lane is going 90 and the one in the right lane is going 95. Why can't people just eccelerate to pass someone quickly and get out of everyones way, Also people who go slow up hill and speed down hill, it is so anoying if you have cruise control bucause you end up going past each other the whole trip, also people who drive under the limit in a 100/110 zone, say about 95 and if there is a slower limit for roadworks etc.. they don't slow down so they go past you and then when the limit goes bak up you go past them.
Exactly fricken idiots....the swing out before turning is because they are all wanna be truck drivers: "better swing out abit to make this corner cause this rig is so huge" - in the hatch back
scoupedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:07 PM   #28
Dezza
Parts bin special

You know what grinds my gears? Lindsay Lohan

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:57 PM   #29
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezza!
So, you're saying that, if offered, you wouldn't take a crack at it?
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:13 PM   #30
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezza!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=839DnvVk_MY
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote