Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 25-08-2005, 01:27 AM   #1
EB-maen
Rise, Toybota!

Default driving/fog light assistance

Now that I'm holidays I've decided to do a bit of hunting and grab some bits and pieces to finish off the car a bit more, nameley some driving lights for the front bar (EB GT). I measured the diameter of the housing as best I could and it's approximately 100mm (around 4" I guess) and I went out and had a look at supercheap, repco autobarn etc but their range wasnt all that fantastic and most of the lights they had were 16cm and above.

I'm not really concerned about the quality as I feel it's best to stay out of the whole legality-of-turning-them-on debacle (plus I have absolutely no need for their use, it's just a looks thing) so I'm basically after something that will fille the holes and looks reasonably good. I've had a search around ebay and couldn't find anything there, and some searches for light manufacturers wasn't really a great success as I'm not planning on spending like upwards of $200 on some Hellas or anything, so I'm wondering if anyone else knows of an online parts place that stocks what I'm after or if anyone has something lying around, and what would be the best way to go about fixing them to it? Aside from going to Ford, that is if they even stock EB GT replacement lights thesedays and wont ask for a human sacrifice in order to allow purchasing.

Thanks

13.156 @ 110kph... down the highway :P

EB-maen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2005, 01:38 AM   #2
InitialD
Low and Loud

I was recently at Kmart and noticed that there "$40" driving lights they sell are 4" in size. I was going to use some for when i fit a moffat bar to my car. They also had "angel eye's" in them just for the **** factor ;)

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2005, 02:30 AM   #3
EB-maen
Rise, Toybota!

Hmm, sounds interesting; I might duck down there tomorrow (today i guess) and have a look see. I think I might pass on the angel eyes though, lol :P.
Thanks for that

13.156 @ 110kph... down the highway :P

EB-maen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2005, 10:29 AM   #4
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB-maen
Hmm, sounds interesting; I might duck down there tomorrow (today i guess) and have a look see. I think I might pass on the angel eyes though, lol :P.
Thanks for that
Np ;) I know it sounds dodgy thinking of buying some from Kmart, but Marlows use to sell these "autotechnia (I think)" driving lights but I havent seen them elsewhere since there closing. The model number were like 32xx I think.

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2005, 05:17 PM   #5
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

There used to be a light taht was 4" (100mm) in diameter years ago. 100W landing lights they were called. BLOODY brilliant with a sealed beam in them. Might be worth trying a repco store and see if they still have them? I think they were Narva? Cant remember, was 25 years ago I sold them
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post