Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 29-06-2006, 03:47 PM   #1
gottafocus
lovemyfocus

Default my new focus pics.

Hi all, just thought i would share my recent pics with addition of window tint, mudspats, floor mats, scuff plates. i took some with a very wide angle fisheye lens so they look a bit rounded! has anyone put a chrome extension on the exhaust as it is at an awkward angle? cheers Huwhttp://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h166/huw62/

gottafocus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 05:54 PM   #2
Forest Bear

Nice. Welcome to the club!
Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 07:57 PM   #3
theBlake

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottafocus
with addition of window tint, mudspats, floor mats, scuff plates.
nice one man- exact same as my car.

except i got a sedan, looks much better, sorry about that :hihi:
theBlake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 09:46 PM   #4
gottafocus
lovemyfocus

ha ha ha ha ha you wish! still saving for a 5 door hatch? my good man!
Old 30-06-2006, 10:37 AM   #5
Forest Bear

Personal tastes I guess but the hatch rules for spunk. I love the look of my Zetec. It just looks better than a sedan. You're not going to see an XR5 in sedan guise are you?

Sedan is great for tuckshop ladies and senior lawn bowls teams. :nutsycuck
Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 11:29 AM   #6
theBlake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Bear
Personal tastes I guess
exactly! - I have always preferred a hatch for looks, but I just dont like the look of the focus hatch. Looks to me like its had its bum cut off as a rushed afterthought. I think if it was a bit longer or the back end was a bit more vertical it would be better.

To me the sedan looks like a scaled down version of a large car, and thats a look i really liked. Unlike most other small cars that look like a large cabin in a squashed up body.

The hatch is still a lot better than the LR though, my gosh thats a shocking looking thing. :nutsycuck

Also from a practical sense the Sedan was better becuase of the larger boot space. I have a family so I need to seat 4, otherwise if i was single I may just have taken the hatch. The extra storage with seats down is a bonus only if you dont need the seats!
Old 30-06-2006, 11:54 AM   #7
Uni

sedan looks good.. hatch looks better

my biggest gripe with the sedan is that the ground clearance on the rear throws it out of proportion for me.. looks a touch sill

of course, dumping it on its **** solves all that ;)

Uni/.
Uni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 01:35 PM   #8
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Yep Uni. The Sedan looks horrible due to the ride height. Check out Russ's car... just the way I'd like a Sedan to look! Plus, the sedan doesn't have the weird bumper one fog/ one reverse light too

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 02:31 PM   #9
blacksapphire

Was there any reason why they had the girl driving the hatch and the guy in the sedan in those ads? LOL!

Seriously though, where can you get a car the size of the Focus with a boot the size of the Falcon!

The hatches look sporty and sedans are classy. I guess diversity is a wonderful thing.
Old 30-06-2006, 03:59 PM   #10
gottafocus
lovemyfocus

but wasn't the guy on his way to pick up the lawn bowling ladies??? LOL!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2006, 12:50 AM   #11
New2Focus
LS LX Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlake
exactly! - I have always preferred a hatch for looks, but I just dont like the look of the focus hatch. Looks to me like its had its bum cut off as a rushed afterthought. I think if it was a bit longer or the back end was a bit more vertical it would be better.

To me the sedan looks like a scaled down version of a large car, and thats a look i really liked. Unlike most other small cars that look like a large cabin in a squashed up body.
Totally agree - I ended up getting an LS LX sedan even though I wanted a hatch - a tough decision, but it just looks so proportionately 'right'. The high tail-lights and lines of the LS hatch just don't do it for me, although with familiarity I'm getting used to them.

I also agree that the ride height is miles too high - although I have to say that on dirt roads it's great. (For that matter, it's a pleasant surprise that the firm ride around town barely deteriorates on terrible roads.)

On exhaust matters, I was underneath the LS the other day - to my eye, it actually has a decent looking exhaust for a standard item - it's just that it's hidden. I wonder if it can be dropped slightly?
New2Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 01:23 AM   #12
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The focus sedan looks alright save the ride height and (personal taste) I hated the way it's ar/se seemed to be a lot higher, made reversing such a hassle (I reversed into someone with mum's foci).

Aside from that, I would love it if they had the new focus and hopefully the xr5t with the 3-doors.

Edit: And thats a nice focus When I first picked up the Fiesta, I stood there and gaped at the new focus. (My mind was thinking "Dang! I could've gotten that!)
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post