Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-09-2005, 04:46 PM   #1
aimzes
...fairly odd

Default cop GT

a mate was in a servo last night filling up when this BA GT pulled up. he was checking it out when he noticed the red and blue lights in the back window. a cop jumped out and they were having a chat. aparently its a V8 XT with the GT kit on it. all he does is cruise around the traffic and people try to race him thinking its some bloke out for a cruise in this new GT. obviously theyd have about 10 seconds of glory thinking they smoked a GT off the line then the lights come on.

lol. so watch out in sth west sydney.

Old 06-09-2005, 04:50 PM   #2
BTTB
Free XD

I hate it when they do that crap... fair enough to nab someone hwen they are being a ******** ... but I draw the line at entrapment
BTTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 04:52 PM   #3
aimzes
...fairly odd

lol yeah i know. what a job though, heres a V8 falcon with a GT kit. cruise around a pick up speeders.

still ive been pulled up by a tarago... did not expect that one.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:58 PM   #4
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Cheeky pricks.
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 05:10 PM   #5
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimzes
a mate was in a servo last night filling up when this BA GT pulled up. he was checking it out when he noticed the red and blue lights in the back window. a cop jumped out and they were having a chat. aparently its a V8 XT with the GT kit on it. all he does is cruise around the traffic and people try to race him thinking its some bloke out for a cruise in this new GT. obviously theyd have about 10 seconds of glory thinking they smoked a GT off the line then the lights come on.

lol. so watch out in sth west sydney.
Hmmm.. are you sure it was a XT with GT bodykit??? i thought you had to own a GT you get bodykit parts? It sounds like allot of trouble and extra expense for the Police to go to for the purposes of what they're trying to achieve, wouldn't it make more sence to just use an XR8?
At least it wouldnt require mods and the resale would be better?
I know for a fact Police WILL NOT try to "drag" you or encourage you to do this. They have a "no chase" policy now..

Old 06-09-2005, 05:11 PM   #6
Steffo
LPG > You

Far as I know, its illegal for them to do that. To provoke/encourage one to break the law, and/or break the law to catch you... etc etc. Entrapment? Or something like that anyway.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 05:17 PM   #7
aimzes
...fairly odd

well he didnt (according to my mate) reckon that he encouraged anyone to race him. he pulled up at the lights, they took off fast so he pulled them up. i dont know wether to believe this or not. but i havent seen him in action so i really couldnt say.

Quote:
Hmmm.. are you sure it was a XT with GT bodykit???
thats what the cop told my mate.

Quote:
i thought you had to own a GT you get bodykit parts?
you can get the whole kit (repro) but ford might do this for the cops? who knows. im just telling you guys what a cop told my mate.

Quote:
for the purposes of what they're trying to achieve wouldnt it make more sence to just use an XR8?
yes it would. lol.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:20 PM   #8
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
i thought you had to own a GT you get bodykit parts?
The government can do what they like. Especially when they say to Ford Australia, we are buying Holden now. Think Holden will happily supply an HSV kit for a few Acclaims.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 05:20 PM   #9
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Far as I know, its illegal for them to do that. To provoke/encourage one to break the law, and/or break the law to catch you... etc etc. Entrapment? Or something like that anyway.
*Cough* Cops driving clubsports with P plates on *cough*

Oh, entrapment is illegal by the way. Do you really think the cops won't get away with it?
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:30 PM   #10
nang3

its not entrapment if he just cruises around waiting for people to drag him... hes not like hes leanin out the window yelling "give ya a drag mofo?"

although its still low and scummy to do that..
nang3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 05:36 PM   #11
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimzes
well he didnt (according to my mate) reckon that he encouraged anyone to race him. he pulled up at the lights, they took off fast so he pulled them up. i dont know wether to believe this or not. but i havent seen him in action so i really couldnt say.
It's a statistical fact that Mates are are reliable as Uncles when quoting urban myths!
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 05:45 PM   #12
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Is it entrapment, or is it a test car????

There are numerous things cops do to get us.

I have seen Merc Silver turbos with shades, reverse sensors, and tow packs. All dressed up like the Mrs Car.

At the end of the day, you are speeding and breaking the law aren't you???

Yes it sux what the bastards do, but we still speed regardless.... :

Just pick who you run and where you speed with caution.
i.e. silly try M4 at Parramatta on a Saturday night :

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 05:54 PM   #13
b2tf
not here much anymore

Highly unlikely it was an XT with GT kit - i dare say constable plod was having you on. I asked a cop in an unmarked XR6T what he thought of the car - even though it clearly had turbo badges on it, he still said "oh not much, its not a turbo so it's no good".
Old 06-09-2005, 05:58 PM   #14
FPV GT
I Like To Shake It

There is a smart **** copper down in Wollongong who tries and gets you to race him in his private vehicle ( a BA ute). He then flashes the badge at ya.

Regards

Paul

2016 S550 TY GT Coupe....some loud bits and some glass bits

I like My GT SHAKEN, and Blown
Happiness is a TY S550, a 1911 semi automatic, and the Lovey Lizzie by my side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Lizzie
whilst looking at man riding a pee wee 50
"That sure does nothing for his masculinity"
FPV GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 06:04 PM   #15
BOSS 540
70 Mercury Eliminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GT
There is a smart **** copper down in Wollongong who tries and gets you to race him in his private vehicle ( a BA ute). He then flashes the badge at ya.

Regards

Paul
Thanks Paul, Ill remember that one. A few years ago I did get pulled over by an unmarked commodore with a USC body kit though.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:25 PM   #16
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Entrapment is not a defence under any australian law.
If you can prove a course of action that was leading you on you might get some leniency. We are supposed to be adult enough to resist temptation.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 06:28 PM   #17
nang3

heheh thats true XA Coupe, but when it comes to cars i dont think any of us could be classed as adults hehehehehe.. otherwise they would be strictly A-B transport devices..
nang3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 06:40 PM   #18
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupe
Entrapment is not a defence under any australian law.
If you can prove a course of action that was leading you on you might get some leniency. We are supposed to be adult enough to resist temptation.
If we're going to get technical (which I love doing just to be a sh*t by the way), there would be extreame cases where this would be a defence. Not all cops are on the straight and narrow ya know, they're people too.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:45 PM   #19
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagerian
If we're going to get technical (which I love doing just to be a sh*t by the way), there would be extreame cases where this would be a defence. Not all cops are on the straight and narrow ya know, they're people too.
I sense a hint of anarchy?!! :Reverend: Have you had some issue with the laws and police? :Reverend:

Old 06-09-2005, 06:51 PM   #20
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

lol, if you want to get technical.. you are wrong. It's not a defence at all in any way shape or form no matter how extreme. I know more than most what cops are and aren't .. and I am also well aware that they aren't all straight and narrow too. Like any job there are plenty of cretins there too.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:05 PM   #21
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

The Ford guy's get ripped off, the Holden guy's get to do it in style in a HSV GTO coupe, we only get a XT with a kit, lol.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 07:06 PM   #22
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is amazing the lengths they'll go to. I thought stories of a dumped SS with '000 racing' stickers was pretty extreme, now this! I am surprised they tarted up an XT rather than an XR8 though, it's not like they're too cheap to buy the XR's (i.e. plenty of them out there).
Dunno about it being unfair...if you street race you accept the concequences.

Does anyone know if they use NA XR6's? I got pulled up a while ago and didn't think it was a turbo, but i've never seen a non turbo since. Just curious that's all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
The Ford guy's get ripped off, the Holden guy's get to do it in style in a HSV GTO coupe, we only get a XT with a kit, lol.
It's all for show though, don't think they really use it do they? Bit like the BMW Z they had.

Does anyone know if the turbo saab is still kicking 'round?

-Stu
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 07:11 PM   #23
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8

*yawn* You can't sit there and tell me it doesn't happen.

In most cases, you are right, but flat out stating I'm wrong is just naive. If you can prove you were not going to commit the crime had the police not interfered, that's a defence for entrapment (look it up). If an undercover cop was harrasing you and you defended yourself, then he arrested you for assault, I'd say that's entrapment, just as an example.

Feel free to PM me if you disagree, as I think we're getting off topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbreath_48
Does anyone know if they use NA XR6's? I got pulled up a while ago and didn't think it was a turbo, but i've never seen a non turbo since. Just curious that's all!
Yes I've seen NA and Turbo 6's. Only XR8's I've seen are marked though.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:12 PM   #24
Valknutr

they do use NA XR6 i have seen 1 around the illawarra and thats it. The way i see it if you race you face the consequences. Also might be a hard point to prove but if you are in the right circumstances you are allowed to accelerate as hard as you want and not get pinged for it (unless you cause a burnout or accident or something because of your actions)
Old 06-09-2005, 07:15 PM   #25
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

In most cases, you are right, but flat out stating I'm wrong is just naive. If you can prove you were not going to commit the crime had the police not interfered, that's a defence for entrapment (look it up). If an undercover cop was harrasing you and you defended yourself, then he arrested you for assault, I'd say that's entrapment, just as an example.
umm, did I say it doesn't happen. I am telling you, as a fact, that entrapment isn't a legal defence in australia. However, if you still don't believe me.. go and try your theory, it should provide me, the cops and the courts with a laugh.

If an undercover cop was harassing you and you defended yourself, you just comitted the offence of Assaulting Police.
You can believe what you like but the bush lawyer will will bit you on the butt one day.

Y
Old 06-09-2005, 07:17 PM   #26
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valknutr
they do use NA XR6 i have seen 1 around the illawarra and thats it. The way i see it if you race you face the consequences. Also might be a hard point to prove but if you are in the right circumstances you are allowed to accelerate as hard as you want and not get pinged for it (unless you cause a burnout or accident or something because of your actions)
My dad got off a fine on the bike once as he was on the expressway and a whole heap of cars in front of him hit the brakes because they saw a cop standing in the distance with his radar... all saw it except the car behind who was about to squash my dad. Dad darted into the brakedown lane and of course he got pulled over and fined. Not exactly entrapment but some cops just drool and smell meat soemtimes. *sigh*
Old 06-09-2005, 07:18 PM   #27
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Feel free to PM me if you disagree, as I think we're getting off topic.
Very synical... Cops don't go around picking on the innocent, morons normally provoke trouble and end up bleeting "harrasment" when they get caught.
There's no way a cop would try to bait you into draging, thats an absurd idea!
If you're stupid enough to inadvertantly try to drag an undercover cop car then thats you're fault for braking the law and being a total dumb ****!!..

Old 06-09-2005, 07:19 PM   #28
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
My dad got off a fine on the bike once as he was on the expressway and a whole heap of cars in front of him hit the brakes because they saw a cop standing in the distance with his radar... all saw it except the car behind who was about to squash my dad. Dad darted into the brakedown lane and of course he got pulled over and fined. Not exactly entrapment but some cops just drool and smell meat soemtimes. *sigh*

Uh, that isn't even CLOSE to entrapment .. that is so far away from what we are discussing I don't know why you brought it up.

Have another go.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:25 PM   #29
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can just see the drug dealer who sold 10kg's of Heroin to an undercover drug squad officer in court "but your honor, im inocent, he entraped me and forced me to commit the crime of drug selling by buying the drugs from me" : : :

entrapment - The act of identified officers or agents of a government in inducing a person to commit a crime not contemplated by him, for the purpose of instituting a criminal prosecution against him.

Id suggest if the police officer identified himself as such then said "lets have a drag its ok" and you did then he booked you that would be entrapment..

Last edited by 4Vman; 06-09-2005 at 07:36 PM.
4Vman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 07:29 PM   #30
HOON69
Banned

sneaky buggers ay and im sure they would easily get any kit they liked,also welcome to qld the hoon squad are using just about every car they can to nab hoons..

entrapment is illegal and they do encourage the racing revving a motor and leaning out the window etc but as said resist temptation common sense always prevails,but yeah they are sneaky buggers these cops.
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote