Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Default Cost Vs KW.

Now, i have been reading several threads about different s/c,turbo set ups and some quality NA builds where there have been some Big RWKW numbers obtained. My question is, How much would you be prepared to spend to get a good power gain. I personally just spent a minimal amount to charge my wagon, this was with a 2nd hand s/c kit and I am very happy with the power vs cost that it has acheived. Now I know there are many personal views on whats the "best" kit for a price, but when is it to much compared to the value of the car?

Old 08-02-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Cost Vs KW.

entirely up to the individual and his bank balance i reckon, in my own case , i`m only a peasant pensioner, yet have a garage with quiet a few bits of hot rodding stuff that i would love to put on my cars, but the i just know if i fit a blower or turbo to my car for 2 or 3 grand it will still end up being 7 or 8 or 10 grand because the bits and pieces i will end up adding to it to make it better and i will be even more in the poor house, so i resist the temptation.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

why would the value of the car come into it?......what about the rat rod where the car was picked up for nothing or paid to go then thousands spent on it

pleasure with a motor vehicle cannot be placed alongside common sense ........why would folks pay a kings ransom for an old 70's jalopy that many folks in here readily claim are death traps

make your vehicle how you want it and spend what you are happy spending on it......when you start counting the dollars I figure you are telling yourself enough is enough

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 08-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

The only time counting dollars comes into car modding (for an enthusiast) is figuring out when you can buy that flash raptor or atomics or dark argents or kings or lovells or........

Need I say more?
Old 08-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #5
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$0. I'm over sinking big $$$ into performance mods which only lighten my wallet and buy performance shop owners luxuries most cant afford.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #6
RAPID_BA
Banned

My BA XR8 came in at $89/rwkw for 404rwkw at the bags. (Taking into account a base car BOSS260 with 195rwkw).

The XR6T guys would probably get into the $50/rwkw to 400rwkw.
RAPID_BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2013, 05:26 PM   #7
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

The general rule of thumb is $100.00 per KW. At least before our dollar got some muscle it was.

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #8
superfly
Go the Hogster!

It really comes down to how much you want to spend and what makes you happy. Mods don't add value to the car. I bought most of the mods on my WRX second hand to keep the costs down.
I bought a N/A car this time so that I wouldn't bother spending any money on it.