Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-05-2005, 10:07 PM   #1
AshMan
Girrrrr!!!

Default Police problems.

Quite recently I have had some trouble with the local fuzz.

Bit of background: I own a 1990 EA falcon with no mods apart from 2.5inch exhaust and extractors. I am on 12 month 1 point probation on my P's (QLD) which is nearly up (one too many speeding fines not long after I got my licence).

Now I admit my driving around our local streets has been a little bit irresponsible and there is no excuse for it, HOWEVER.

I beleive I am now being victimised.

The officer on our local police beat came and gave me a formal warning last week to kerb my driving habits or a fine would be imposed.

This last week, I have not had any fun and it's taking me ages to get everywhere, but my job is at stake so I felt it was a sacrifice that had to be made.

My grandmother went to the local progress association meeting tonight and apparently someone has put in another complaint since the the officer visited.

It cannot have been me. I simply have not been speeding.
I beleive I am being targetted because of my loud exhaust.
To go to my mums place from here, only requires the use of the first 2 gears, and the car would not get over 40k's the whole way.

And yet apparently this is speeding.

It is mostly elderly residents around here that are making the complaints.

One person said that the car is loud, another that it is green, another that it is a ford, and one other that somehow got my rego number (it sits in my driveway visible from the road.)

And apparently all this together points to my car.

I know for a fact in the next street alone there are atleast 3 modified cars, a VL with a straight through exhaust, an Exa with a 3 inch exhaust and a commodore with massive rims and a big exhaust. In another street up from ours there is a pulsar, a charade and atleast 2 commodores ALL of which have 17 year old drivers who love to hoon at night.

I beleive it is unfair that I am being targetted like this and I WILL FIGHT TOOTH AND NAIL before I get my licence taken off me for this bull$hit.

Worst comes to worst I will continue to drive unlicenced if I have to.

Sorry this post is so long but I needed to get off my chest.

Hope I can get atleast a little sympathy.

Cheers,

Ashley (Very proud falcon owner)
AshMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 10:15 PM   #2
Kryton

well first up if you drive like a knob you will be targeted. what else do you expect?
second, a warning is just that, a warning. for a copper to issue you with a ticket or infringement THEY need to witness it or have a witness to make a statement about the 'incident'. that means you can get witnesses to make a statement too to support your argument that you werent doing anything wrong.
do you have the option of driving someone elses car for a while?
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 10:25 PM   #3
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Speeding is not the only criteria that attracts the boys in blue. The manner in which you approach the speed limit, corners etc may also attract adverse attention. You've said that your driving in the past has been irresponsible, and whether that is the same now or not, doesn't matter to your neighbours... once they've seen you drive irresponsibly, that's how they'll always see you. You've got long memories to fight against, to prove that you might now be a responsible driver. Good Luck!
Captain Stubing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 10:26 PM   #4
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah some people are stupid. How can you actual tell what car it is just by hearing it. There is like heaps of people in my street who have loud exhausts. Weve got a supra, a WRX and a clubbie in our street to name a few. Some ****ing ******* nearly knocked me out one time saying that i was hooning up and down the street cause i have a loud exhaust. What the ******** didnt realize is that my driveway is like maybe 10-20 metres from the street turnoff for the next street which you have to stop at as you cant see anything from your right. Its a bit of an effort to speed down 10-20 metres of street and to come to a complete stop. I reckon the max i will ever get up to would be 40-50kms.

Not only did he say i was speeding he said i was doin burnouts- $200 tyres i dont think so mate. And he said i was speeding goin up and down the street when i would have no reason to go up the street at all. The ****wit had mistaken me for some other ********.

Old people are the worst. I remember i was doin 40km/h in a school zone and this old person started yelling and waving his hands at me as if i was hooning.

Dont think they can do anything unless they have video evidence cause its your word vs theirs. The fact that your on a probationary licence wouldnt help your case at all.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 10:43 PM   #5
Cheahman
BOSS 260

There is always someone watching and if ya gonna do burnouts etc, you better get ready to be punished! These old people will be out to get ya now lol, especially with all these new hooning laws now.

But yeah I can see alot of innocent people getting busted now like you, just because you have a loud exhaust doesnt mean your going fast.

BA XR8
EB XR8

Last edited by Cheahman; 18-05-2005 at 10:46 PM.
Cheahman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 10:47 PM   #6
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Until you get off you "P's" get an exhaust shop to make a small plate up with a 2" hole & bolt it between the muffler flanges, it will restrict the flow & make it abit quieter until you are are in the clear.
A cheaper way than changing the exhaust...
Just an idea mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 10:55 PM   #7
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You could always see if you can pick out something annoying your neighbours do and point out that you dont complain bout that and maybe they will see reason but highly doubtfull.
Old 19-05-2005, 10:42 AM   #8
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can see from your attitude that your 'victimsation' will be an ongoing thing.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 10:51 AM   #9
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I cant stand the ****s that tear around my neighbourhood in their 20 year old shitbox cars with fully sik 3" exhausts, doing burnouts ect, accelerating to the end of a 20m street like there is no tomorrow then slamming on the brakes. They think they are God's gift to driving.

I'm not saying you are one of them as I don't know you - but I can see why the residents of the area would be pi$$ed off in general and report you and I can see why the cops would pick on you (due to your previous behaviour).

BTW - Driving unlicensed is an extremley bad idea - the cops pick on you now, you don't think they will notice you driving once they have taken your license? Also you will be absolutley f$%cked if you hit anything (car or person) whilse driving unlicensed.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.

Last edited by merlin; 19-05-2005 at 11:41 AM.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 11:38 AM   #10
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Mate sometimes you just have to take the medicine!

I have been back to a pushbike a couple of times and you know although I hated it then 20 years later I will admit I deserved it.

Sometimes life isn't fair and the cops just don't stick to the rules any more than you do. Funny that!
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 12:07 PM   #11
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

You admit to driving irresponsibly, and you're looking for sympathy?? Oh please!! You DID the crime, be prepared to do the time. Been there, done that myself.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.

Last edited by 12; 19-05-2005 at 01:18 PM. Reason: bit too harsh.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 12:24 PM   #12
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think in the origninal post he said he had kerbed his habits. But the rep will stay. Who hasnt driven like a ******** before. I doubt little if none at all after getting their Ps havent been dickheads before.
Old 19-05-2005, 12:27 PM   #13
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Playing the victim is the number one way to get victimised...

Might not be fair in this case (i'm not gonna judge) but shit happens, and theres sweet f.a. you can really do about it in the short term.
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 02:37 PM   #14
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Quote:
try changing gears earlier - i know you think 40k in second is ok (and no sane person wouldnt) its just old f*ckers that hear the noise and immedieatly assume you are powering along. trundle around in 3rd or 4th even, if the roads are flat.
I agree, the Ford six is pretty quiet down low. On a flat road, I can shortshift to 4th in a 50/60 zone and make very little noise at all.

Many `elderly people' need something to bitch about, it gives them a sense of purpose and superiority. My grandmother drives a Cortina, she could probably drag a few hoons off :P
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 10:47 PM   #15
FNQracing
RAGE Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMan
To go to my mums place from here, only requires the use of the first 2 gears, and the car would not get over 40k's the whole way.

And yet apparently this is speeding.
Mate, you don't have to be speeding to drive like a tool.
Old 19-05-2005, 10:53 PM   #16
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like you dug your own grave. Now you'll just have to lay in it for awhile I did the same when I was younger. I removed the P's after 2 years and never got pulled over again.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 11:22 PM   #17
gtfpv
GT

mate you sound young and when you are young your attitude gets you into trouble and the only one that pays for it is you , when you get older you realise it is far safer to take the shit . be nice drive slow , don't get angry over shit. go to the police station and tell them you don't want to lose your licence and wont drive fast . tell them you want to do the right thing and not offend anybody. the police may take this to heart. stick to the rules , with a good attitude and it wont matter what the oldies say if you hear roumors about yourself tell people you are sorry and dont stick your fingers up at them. adults play this fine line daily.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 11:51 PM   #18
benXaGt

Default buses suck

Trust me mate buses suck and public transport sucks.
I lost my licence 2 and a half months ago for speeding lost all 12 points in a 2month period.

It takes me 1 1/2 hours to get home from work where as its a 15-20 car drive.
And it take 2hours to get to work in the mornings

So yeah i think ive learnt my lesson dont speed or do stupid stuff in cars there made as a transport method a-b nag nag nag nag nag nag
benXaGt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 12:06 AM   #19
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

2 words here: attitude change. It wont get any better for you mate if you continue on that same path. Move town or get another car and start rebuilding your reputation.
Old 20-05-2005, 12:10 AM   #20
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin
my next door neibour is a freak - she complains to the council about everything, we have too many cars (5 people in the family with licences, 5 cars, deal with it! we have lived here longer than you bitch) the carport lights are too bright, our carport is not 'astheticly pleasing' (from a woman with a full gloss dark green house, white gloss trim and a red roof...it looks like santas house dammit!) that i make too much noise working on cars (i dont even use power tools any more so i make less noise)
I soo agree with you there! I live in a street of elderly people cept for one guy at the end of the street who is in his 30's. None of them have evercomplained about me doing up cars, or puting a wreck in my garage, etc Most walk past and say "nice car there sunny, You sure look after it" and many have mentioned to others in the house about how much i look after my car, etc... BUT ive got this a**whipe tool next door who is a retired teacher, and complains DAY AND NIGHT about me... Insults and tells off friends and other EAFALCON members when they come around, Continuously makes complains against me saying im either "stealing and stripping cars, Driving recklessly, Making too much noise, Anoying him and his ratlooking dog, etc" And it shits me NO LESS! He even recently told EFFALCON and I off for having the aircompressor on in the garage at 1pm on a Tuesday??
He can bugger off, I was there first, he moved in later ing_sm

Theres nothing you can really do mate, except either
1. move far far away (I know thats not a option really :voldar02: )
2. Visit this Meeting where they have complained about you and reply to them honestly that you have changed your ways and feel your being victimised.

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 09:28 AM   #21
NZ
~~~

oi, teachers are like that. they are used to having people jump at every command.

but yeah to the thread starter, if its old people complaining remember old people tend to stick together more likely they all grew up together so it only take one of them to say something to someone else then the rest will follow on.

"the man that crashs AFF"
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 09:50 AM   #22
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
Until you get off you "P's" get an exhaust shop to make a small plate up with a 2" hole & bolt it between the muffler flanges, it will restrict the flow & make it abit quieter until you are are in the clear.
A cheaper way than changing the exhaust...
Just an idea mate
If you reckon you are being targeted by the police, make yourself a smaller target. Like svo347 said, lose some of the noise and just cruise everywhere.

I’d rather get somewhere by my own car than by public transport.

Uncle_Ken
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 09:42 PM   #23
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep good advice uncle ken ,play it really cool mate , you can go the hard way thru life or the easy way , i upset a big copper driving like a tool when i was a young bloke , the next action was for me to hurt his huge fist with my jaw and put my lower teeth thru my lip and then he charged me with assault for attacking his fist, cost me money, cost me pain, cost me my license for 6 months in hindsight i deserved it go with the grain, or feel the pain.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 10:03 PM   #24
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
yep good advice uncle ken ,play it really cool mate , you can go the hard way thru life or the easy way , i upset a big copper driving like a tool when i was a young bloke , the next action was for me to hurt his huge fist with my jaw and put my lower teeth thru my lip and then he charged me with assault for attacking his fist, cost me money, cost me pain, cost me my license for 6 months in hindsight i deserved it go with the grain, or feel the pain.
As they say hindsight is 20/20.

If i lost my licence id be screwed royal. I just keep it clean and dont act like a dumbass. Do the speed limit, have sub turned down in residential areas etc. I just cruise listening to my music and watch everyone fly past without care as i enjoy the drive. If im lucky enough they all get ****ed by a speed camera while i dont lol.
Old 21-05-2005, 11:09 PM   #25
chippa6
Novice Professional

An excellent example of why it is not a good idea to sh!t in your own bed. my old man always got fair up me and my mates when we were younger about revving the car, cranking the stereo and speeding around our local neighbourhood. I learnt the hard way - not via the police but by having my stereo stolen from my car right out the front of my house one night.

I dont have anything against elderly residents and I don't think its fair that everybody keeps whinging about them making complaints. I certainly know that I would not like my elderly grandparents having to deal with cars doing burnouts, speeding etc in their local streets.

I think you have a fair bit of growing up to do Ashman, especially when you talk about driving your car unlicensed.

Do not attempt that at all - the situation could be dramatically worse if you get caught - and the magistrate will not give a rats for whatever your reasons are.

Last edited by chippa6; 21-05-2005 at 11:11 PM.
chippa6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 03:13 PM   #26
NIGHTHAWK
starter motor

Is it possible to change cars with a family member or a friend and drive it like the (oldies) want you to until you get your points back?
NIGHTHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 03:43 PM   #27
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

I definately agree with what is being said here. Slowing yourself down, and driving sensibly will do a lot more for you than bitching about an old person. Though i wouldnt get the plate in your exhaust, can you imagine what that'll do for performance. Just be sensible, go see the local plod and have a word to them about your neighbour or whoever, get the to look over your car and give it the OK, that should buy you some leeway

But having said that i can relate to how you feel about the older generation "picking" on you. I work for local council, half our day is taken up following up nonse complaints about things that dont exist... "my kerb is full of rubbish" = 3 leaves, "people have been doing burnouts, requesting sweeper to clean up" = rubber melted onto the road... w/ no chance of being swept up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippa6
I certainly know that I would not like my elderly grandparents having to deal with cars doing burnouts, speeding etc in their local streets.
What if there arent people doing burnouts?
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 10:55 PM   #28
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

I think we can all stop trying to give this... umm... *be nice* .."person" any advise. He has not been on these forums since posting this thread. Seems he only came hear to have a winge.

AshMan - Last Activity: 18-05-05 10:13 PM, 6 minutes after posting he's rant.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 11:19 PM   #29
chippa6
Novice Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by klawsterfobik
What if there arent people doing burnouts?
Hmm didnt think I would have to elaborate : , but well since your limited to burnouts, how about speeding in cars with loud exhausts, taking corners quickly, cranking stereos, - I don't think any of us would like it done to us late at night or early in the morning if we are trying to sleep and mind our own business.
Old 24-05-2005, 11:25 PM   #30
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippa6
Hmm didnt think I would have to elaborate : , but well since your limited to burnouts, how about speeding in cars with loud exhausts, taking corners quickly, cranking stereos, - I don't think any of us would like it done to us late at night or early in the morning if we are trying to sleep and mind our own business.
Oh tell me bout it. We had some younger blokes that used to live next door to us and they would be working on their summernats project into the early hours of the morning, all year round.