Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 13-08-2006, 08:12 PM   #1
Kelvin
Kelvin

Default new to forum

Hi All

I thought i would introduce myself and my ride what do you guys think. :

Kelvin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 09:04 PM   #2
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Welcome... but uh... wheres your ride?

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 09:11 PM   #3
Kelvin
Kelvin

Default edit phots

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6...re%20001.1.jpg wat u mean wheres the ride///strange i cant see the photo yo :lookedat:

Last edited by Kelvin; 13-08-2006 at 09:25 PM.
Kelvin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 09:15 PM   #4
Boss 260 Ute
Rice aint nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin
wat u mean wheres the ride
It comes up as a red square...
The teletubbies were bred by the wiggles by mating a rhino with a garden gnome. They were intended to be the ultimate warrior for world domination, cute like a gnome, yet violent like a Rhino. Instead they got 4 multicoloured, brainless rhino sized retards.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart
a toll bar hit my car because of my annoying padels
^^Those bastards! LOL
Boss 260 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 09:43 PM   #5
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no pic up kelvin, try uploading it to photobucket then posting the link here www.photobucket.com
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 09:56 PM   #6
Kelvin
Kelvin

i can see the photo i have posted up but i will try it your way zetec20
Old 13-08-2006, 10:05 PM   #7
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

looking good kelvin, with ur one it's posted as localhost which means only ur pc sees it as that, another pc would need your ip address in the place of that, in short, photobucket is easier, what mods u got planned?
Old 13-08-2006, 10:25 PM   #8
Kelvin
Kelvin

induction maybe a CIA or a shortyin the far future still looking around for kits do some research first, but in the meantime im content with doing mods that wont void my warranty like de-badging an lowering a inch or two.--what mods have you got?
Old 13-08-2006, 10:36 PM   #9
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so far.... 2 12 inch response subs powered by a 800w monoblock response amp, ipod nano, 20% tints all round, lowered around 2 - 2 1/2 inches on kings superlows, 20 x 7.5inch BSA wheels (currently off the car) 2 1/2 inch press bent exhaust with dual tip in custom rear bar cutout, that's about it at the moment, as you can see in the other thread i've got a few more planned
Old 13-08-2006, 10:39 PM   #10
BlackLS

I think this is the pic

Car looks great! Go the black LS's
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 10:57 PM   #11
Kelvin
Kelvin

did u guys DIY install the subs, does the head unit have rca's??
i,ve got a 12 inch sub and amp i would love to put in but don't know where to start.
Old 14-08-2006, 09:56 AM   #12
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin
did u guys DIY install the subs, does the head unit have rca's??
i,ve got a 12 inch sub and amp i would love to put in but don't know where to start.
you need to get a line out converter (LOC) which converts the signal from speaker wiring (i used the 2 rear door speakers) into 2 rca plug, then you simply run an rca to your amp (plus the other nessesary power, ground, and remote) and bob's your uncle, I've actually got a spare very high quality line out converter lying around if you're interested for say... $60? It's still in the packaging and has never been used.
Old 14-08-2006, 10:18 PM   #13
Kelvin
Kelvin

Smile

Ahh

thanks for the offer but i will pass this time, i probably wont touch it for a bit but first thing i will do is lower it.

Cheers though
Old 15-08-2006, 10:29 AM   #14
photn
AFF Post NAZI

welcome to the forums, i drive a fez but we all talk to each other on each others forums, every1's input is respected and highly valued. good to have you on board and im sure that you will bring some experience and ideas to the forum.

i my self installed my sub, it actually cost me 55(the price of a carton of crown lagar at the time)... lol .... really simple, just had to tapp into one of your speaker wire(well maybee more than one) then connect the rca's up to the amp then to the sub and just have to tune it, with the fez i just had to run the cable under the dash which was easy down the center console under my gear stick, under the hand brake, then under my seat, and to tell you the truth u cant even see the cable unless u know its there, my amp is obviously under my seat... the cable then goes across to the the plastic on the door sill, up under that, i just pushed it up there with a pen lol and that goes all the way to the boot with out any1 seeing it.

im sure you may be able to something similiar and i hope that this may have given you some ideas.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 04:33 PM   #15
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec20
you need to get a line out converter (LOC) which converts the signal from speaker wiring (i used the 2 rear door speakers) into 2 rca plug, then you simply run an rca to your amp (plus the other nessesary power, ground, and remote) and bob's your uncle, I've actually got a spare very high quality line out converter lying around if you're interested for say... $60? It's still in the packaging and has never been used.
The man speaks truth. FYI there are also amps availiable that have high level input as well, but seeing as your have an amp already this info is worthless.

As for remote wire, wire it to the igntion, or if you won't be listening to it all the time, put in a switch somewhere along the line...

Don't use a cheap converter as well, like I did, because with the stereo off, but amp on, it makes the speaker acts like a microphone, and closing the rear passenger doors, it sounds like someone hit a gong inside the car.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 11:59 PM   #16
photn
AFF Post NAZI

LOL i must have a cheap one lolz cause when u turn my head unit off i get all this FEED back lol hehehehe, sounds cool , but i know its wrong, i put a switch in myself, sits just under the handbrake, looks cool and when i get off *** ill take a pic and post it lol.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post