Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-11-2008, 07:28 PM   #1
vfast
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Ford Surprised Me!

Well I got a phone call from Ford today to see how my car is going.

Thinking it was 'another' survey I was a bit stand off'ish. Then to my surprise the caller offered me two tickets to the Cricket next year (Aus vs Sth Africa).

I was waiting for the catch when she then offered me another two tickets.

Must say I was very pleasantly surprised. Would have rathered two tickets to a motorsport event, but hey....

Way to go Ford!

vfast is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2008, 07:31 PM   #2
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Pity they can't do more stuff like this to give themselves positive publicity.

Enjoy the cricket!
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
Tha Jack
Legend!!!

Well I will take the two tickets to the cricket off ya hands if you dont want them
Tha Jack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2008, 07:33 PM   #4
vfast
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Jack
Well I will take the two tickets to the cricket off ya hands if you dont want them
Dont get the wrong, they will get used...

But I cant sell them apparently!
Old 26-11-2008, 07:35 PM   #5
Tha Jack
Legend!!!

Go and enjoy a live game. Good marketing by Ford in my opinion.
Tha Jack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2008, 07:45 PM   #6
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wonder if they'll be doing this for all G6ET owners?
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2008, 08:55 PM   #7
AUIIForte

What I think it is, is sort of the same as what they did with the new Nissan GT-R. They didn't show it off in mags or television upon its release. They actually included it in a very well known japanese comic, upon other things like making it the center piece for the new Grand Turismo 5 game.

I heard they wanted the car to spread by word more then forcing it onto people. And maybe that is what ford is trying to do?

Hehe! I'll keep dreaming...
AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2008, 09:34 PM   #8
vfast
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIIForte
What I think it is, is sort of the same as what they did with the new Nissan GT-R. They didn't show it off in mags or television upon its release. They actually included it in a very well known japanese comic, upon other things like making it the center piece for the new Grand Turismo 5 game.

I heard they wanted the car to spread by word more then forcing it onto people. And maybe that is what ford is trying to do?

Hehe! I'll keep dreaming...
So by offering tickets to the cricket your saying it's some form of marketing? Ok, I will shout out at the Cricket that my G6ET is the best car ever :-)
Old 26-11-2008, 09:44 PM   #9
AUIIForte

lol, I mean, look whats already been done. You have told a whole forum of people what happened. Thats spreading the word.

I mean, if that happened to me, I would also have told a whole forum, but not just that, I would have told my friends and family.

So thats what I meant by spreading the word...
AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2008, 10:10 PM   #10
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=vfast]Well I got a phone call from Ford today to see how my car is going.

Thinking it was 'another' survey I was a bit stand off'ish. Then to my surprise the caller offered me two tickets to the Cricket next year (Aus vs Sth Africa).
[QUOTE]

Well I got the same phone call and like you I was a bit stand-offish, but he didn't offer me anything.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2008, 10:15 PM   #11
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had the same thing happen, random call from Ford offering me two tickets to an outdoor movie event at the botanic park. No catches.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2008, 10:33 PM   #12
MYT
Cruizn in my 'lane

They've been doing this for the last couple of years, i got tickets to the first day of the boxing day test last year
MYT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #13
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They can't afford to bring forward a new series of wheels for the FG but they can pay for every man and his dog to go to events haha. <----- Cheap shot of the day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2008, 11:36 PM   #14
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Certainly an improvement by Ford but still a ways to go; my folk's Lexus gets washed by the dealer every 3-4 weeks, and come service time, they pick the car up from my folks house and leave a service car, not too bad for what's essentially a leather coated rwd Corolla.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2008, 02:30 AM   #15
Jayden
Graphic Artist

I believe this is called bribery.

It will guilt you all into not publicly whinging if something breaks down the line. :P

..im sold.
Old 27-11-2008, 08:00 AM   #16
JutroXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where are my tickets. Ive got a G6ET as well

FGX XR8, Auto, Black.

WG Fiesta ST Manual, Black.
JutroXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2008, 08:08 AM   #17
LTDterri
SY TS Territory

They should give away tickets every time they botch something in Service Dept, this will fill the MCG
LTDterri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2008, 08:10 AM   #18
NudgE^SIKBRO
Never late with a V8

stupid 2nd hand Fairmont Ghia... all i got was an Airbag light

(Daily)2004 Explorer V8 Limited
(Work) 2014 Kenworth K200 Aerodyne
(Classic) 1969 Mini K, 1340, twin SU's
The beginning is near!!!

Body by Ford. Soul by NudgE
NudgE^SIKBRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2008, 09:54 AM   #19
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfast
So by offering tickets to the cricket your saying it's some form of marketing? Ok, I will shout out at the Cricket that my G6ET is the best car ever :-)

Well it got you talking about the car, I'm sure other then this thread you have told people outside the forum. Word of mouth and brand recognition.
Old 27-11-2008, 12:54 PM   #20
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NudgE^SIKBRO
stupid 2nd hand Fairmont Ghia... all i got was an Airbag light
Old 27-11-2008, 01:36 PM   #21
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Pity they can't do more stuff like this to give themselves positive publicity.

Enjoy the cricket!
Be better if they just forced the Dealerships to treat their customers with the respect they deserve!
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2008, 02:14 PM   #22
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

I think it's a good move to offer after sales chachkies and follow up on your car purchase. It's those little things that provide me with a sense of loyalty to that franchise next time I'm in the market with money burning a hole in my wallet.

Several Fords ago, City Ford sent me and the missus an engraved pen (which I still use today) and always followed up with after sales service. They were rewarded with 6 car sales by me.

It doesn't have to be much to be effective... a little feel good experience that sets them apart from a dealership that already has your money so you're forgotten that you were ever a customer.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2008, 04:10 PM   #23
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

lol, sounds great

But i had them call up last week to see how the service was on my 03 BA falcon

She was somewhat surprised when i told her i had sold it in march and hadnt been serviced at for in over 12 months..... oops....
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2008, 07:43 PM   #24
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84RGE
lol, sounds great

But i had them call up last week to see how the service was on my 03 BA falcon

She was somewhat surprised when i told her i had sold it in march and hadnt been serviced at for in over 12 months..... oops....
I still get letters from Ford asking about my ownership experience for the Territory Ghia I sold 4 years ago.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2008, 11:11 AM   #25
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

*jumps up and down like a toddler*

Well I want tickets to the cricket!!!!!!

If i got them for free would be the only way I could get the boss to go with me lol

P.S. Personally i agree with above bugger the tickets give us real service when we buy and service then you wouldn't need to give away tickets.
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2008, 04:48 PM   #26
loony888

be wary!!! ford may coma and burgle your house seeing as they know where you will be and for how long!
tee hee!

paul.
Old 30-11-2008, 05:41 PM   #27
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This sort of feel good stuff from car manufacturers just makes you feel appreciated by the maker, and goes a long way to keeping you 'in the family'. I do echo the calls though that being treated like a human at dealerships when buying and servicing would be even better!!!

Mini keeps sending me tickets to stuff, and getting it serviced is more an event with coffee's, cakes, personal concierges etc (BMW dealership). To the point 'my' service manager asked how the Fairlane was - remembered from our last conversation - about a year ago. If he had of got someone down to say, you know we have an 06 5 series v8 that will tow your boat, I would not have been surprised, but no apparent ulterior motives.

Just makes you feel good about the brand, and that will be front of mind when it comes time to trade in.

Good work form Ford. They make great new product, but lately have been getting smashed by the constant negativity regarding their sales and service. They have a world class car - and all the critics say so, but get beaten by an old tech foe. A foe with a slick as marketing strategy and possibly apparently more die hard owners than the blue oval.

Great work by Ford and enjoy the cricket.
Old 30-11-2008, 10:00 PM   #28
INASNT
G6ET

I got 2 tickets to the boxing day test match also earlier this week
INASNT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post