Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-03-2006, 08:24 PM   #1
shepv8
V8's for ever

Default ECU code sticker missing......D'OH

Well finally got around to getting a Flash tuner from Bluepower. To program it chris needed a code off the bottom of the computer. (a sticker )
Ever since I bought it the carpet on passenger footwell has been not sitting in place and now I know why.
Some one has removed the sticker and put a strip of duct tape in place meaning chris now has 10 times the work to get this thing in my car, tracking down computer codes. ( may not even be the original computer).
Anyone else had similar. I bought the car from a ford dealer and it only had 57,000 kms on it ( 7 years old ) so Im not sure it has been modified by previous owners. Maybe it happened at ford sometime in its history during a service or warranty work etc.

shepv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2006, 08:54 PM   #2
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Get chris to plug in the SCT data logger, that will spit out all the ECU info..
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2006, 09:18 PM   #3
shepv8
V8's for ever

trouble is Im up here in wollongong
shepv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2006, 09:30 PM   #4
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try your local ford dealer, they should be able to help you with that.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 08:36 AM   #5
The Monty
Just slidin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepv8
Well finally got around to getting a Flash tuner from Bluepower. To program it chris needed a code off the bottom of the computer. (a sticker )
Ever since I bought it the carpet on passenger footwell has been not sitting in place and now I know why.
Some one has removed the sticker and put a strip of duct tape in place meaning chris now has 10 times the work to get this thing in my car, tracking down computer codes. ( may not even be the original computer).
Anyone else had similar. I bought the car from a ford dealer and it only had 57,000 kms on it ( 7 years old ) so Im not sure it has been modified by previous owners. Maybe it happened at ford sometime in its history during a service or warranty work etc.

Thats weird. Ever since I bought my car, the carpet has been out on the passenger side footwell, and I cant get it to sit back in. Ill have to check to see if anyone has pinched my code as well. e