Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-06-2008, 12:45 PM   #1
scorpio39

Default Is This A Record ?

Well folks, my 8 year 3 month original Battery has finally itself.
Not bad eh !!!!
Replaced it with a Motorcraft Premium 3 yr guarantee made by Exide.
Does anyone know who made the original ?

scorpio39 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2008, 01:04 PM   #2
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Bloody hell!!!! That is a damn good run from a battery.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2008, 01:16 PM   #3
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Exide made the first one, they have made all factory batteries for years.
Old 26-06-2008, 01:30 PM   #4
howesy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I replaced my Motorcraft one after the 5 year mark thinking it will prob. die in the winter and I gave it to a mate who is always scratching and his battery died and he reckons it is better than any he has had and its been in his for around 18 mnths as well.

Liquid Silver Pursuit250

Custom gear and diff ratios
ECU
Exhaust
Crow Comp. Valve springs
Adjust. Rollers
Cold air
howesy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2008, 03:53 PM   #5
gregaust
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Greg always goes out of his way to provide assistance and support to members of AFF. Greg freely shares his knowledge with people who ask for help and often assists them with obtaining parts and repairs.  A great member of the AFF community. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always happy to offer assistance from his own experiences and often posts up photos when someone is having issues finding/locating something they are trying to repair or replace. 

i got 9 years and 4 months from an original Panasonic battery in my 98 Hilux. Was still working just a bit slow cranking if left for a week. I figured i got my run out of it ..
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2008, 06:32 PM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I got just on 5 years from my original Motorcraft battery in my 2002 Focus. Only replaced it when I sold the car to make sure the new owner didn't get stranded anywhere in the first few months. Was still going well. No idea of the manufacturer of the euro Motorcraft batteries though
Old 26-06-2008, 07:37 PM   #7
SSVPom
Formally FairmontPom

A family friend got 15 years out of their original AC Delco battery in their UK Vauxhall Cavalier 1.8 CDi - the battery in the end still worked, it was the rest of the car that had rotted away and had to be scrapped !
Old 26-06-2008, 07:49 PM   #8
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

There's some impressive efforts guys! I'm lucky if I get 5 years out of a battery.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post