Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-11-2007, 10:58 PM   #1
jason_85

Default Ford Credit

Hey guys.

Looking at buying a new car and wondering if anyone knew what Ford credits interest rates were like before i go in tomorrow and they spin me a yarn and never answer my question!

Thanks for any help!

jason_85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 11:25 PM   #2
phoenix99

I got my car at the start of the year and the annual percentage rate was 12.5% .
phoenix99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 11:48 PM   #3
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Second hand BA a year ago at 12%. They're good with their payment plan too. I pay off mine quicker than necessary and at the moment my next compulsory payment isn't due until May 2009 lol.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2007, 07:49 AM   #4
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

WHOA! 12 % you guys are NUTS!
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2007, 08:16 AM   #5
Disciple
Banned

Capital Finance will be around 9.75-10.5% over 5 years.
Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2007, 08:28 AM   #6
alpineau

Dam I got Secured Finance on my Liberty through esanda and it's 9.75%
CURRENT - 2009 FG G6E BLUE 6 SPEED AUTO
alpineau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2007, 08:34 AM   #7
Disciple
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpineau
Dam I got Secured Finance on my Liberty through esanda and it's 9.75%
Yeah but it's secured. meaning the loan is secured against another asset you own so the interest rate will be lower. Also, how long ago did you get the loan? Remember interest rates have gone up a lot lately. _
Old 01-12-2007, 08:39 AM   #8
HOON69
Banned

ford credit are a joke the crap my brother inlaw goes though with them over his AU-SR-WAGON is pathetic.
12% thats the same as most cars yards these days 12-16%
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2007, 08:49 AM   #9
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

12% on a new car, bugger me. Westpac offered me 8.75% on a new car and 9.25% on a second hand one and this was only a couple of weeks ago.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2007, 08:52 AM   #10
EFDream
XRR83D

Yeah I went ford credit on my old escape and it was 12.5.....it was only later that I found out how much I was getting ripped off....

2007 Suzuki Swift - Pearl Red
Povo Pack

EFDream is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2007, 09:16 AM   #11
GT-E

I got my F6 for 7.95% in Feb06 and just bought a Hyundai Getz for 8.5% last month
Old 01-12-2007, 09:40 AM   #12
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford Credit are normally higher on interest rates as they cant source money as cheap as banks due to having a shocking credit rating because of their parent company , look past rates though and simply look at the total you will pay over the lease. Most of them end up pretty close due to other fees and charges the banks sneak in.

RACV finance are good and offer good rates on new cars as do HSBC.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:42 AM   #13
Mercury 8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tell them what interest rate you are after.Don't just take what they offer you.You may be surprised if you take the hard line.
Mercury 8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2007, 09:48 AM   #14
jason_85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple
Yeah but it's secured. meaning the loan is secured against another asset you own so the interest rate will be lower. Also, how long ago did you get the loan? Remember interest rates have gone up a lot lately. _
you can use the car you buy as security though right?
jason_85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2007, 10:06 AM   #15
Disciple
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_85
you can use the car you buy as security though right?
Well yeah I spose you can, but it's not so smart to do if you can help it. It basically just means that if you can't fund the loan, in some cases the bank will sell whatever the loan is secured against to recoup their money. The car you're buying, particularly if new, won't be worth what you're borrowing for it anyway. :togo:

Basically what I'm saying is, if you can afford to get a loan for a car without securing it against anything, then you're better off. Going further with that still, if you can afford to buy the car outright with cash, that's even better, OR, at least pay for a large portion of the car with cash and only get a loan for the amount you really need to. It's common sense really to pay back as little interest as possible.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:06 AM   #16
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davocol
Ford Credit are normally higher on interest rates as they cant source money as cheap as banks due to having a shocking credit rating because of their parent company , look past rates though and simply look at the total you will pay over the lease. Most of them end up pretty close due to other fees and charges the banks sneak in.

RACV finance are good and offer good rates on new cars as do HSBC.
Ford Credit are an underwritten company and are not linked to FORD as such so doesnt have anything to do with credit rating.

I wouldnt go over 9%. Way to many companies offering under this at the moment. Talk to the dealer and usually they have good offers to sell there cars. Mine are well below 9% through a normal dealer. (One is through Ford Credit as well) I dont even bother to find out the name of the company, as long as the repayments and terms, fees and rates are what I want.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2007, 10:06 AM   #17
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

I used ford credit for my old EL, they were pretty good

Current car i didn't use them, 8.25% secured for 5 years, not a bad loan at all.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:55 AM   #18
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

yeah 12% is bout right. the same my brother is on for his 04 xr8 he bought through kelly holden in newcastle. he paid $27 000 for the car but with interest over 5 years he's paying nearly $40 000 :

think he got rorted big time eh
Old 01-12-2007, 10:55 AM   #19
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I disagree, when I was there all of FCALs borrowing were sourced directly or indirectly via the motor company, unless this has changed whatever happened to FORD US and FORD AUS financially directly affected the interest rates Ford Credit Australia could offer to it's customers. Ford Credit in the states may offer a different structure? Ford Credit aus up until about 2003 did not. That is one of the reasons they bought in fees rather than concentrate on interest rates, this happened in around 2002.

They were even encouraging staff to invest money into the company at a fairly genenorous interest rate which could then be on lended to individuals or invested in something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
Ford Credit are an underwritten company and are not linked to FORD as such so doesnt have anything to do with credit rating.

I wouldnt go over 9%. Way to many companies offering under this at the moment. Talk to the dealer and usually they have good offers to sell there cars. Mine are well below 9% through a normal dealer. (One is through Ford Credit as well) I dont even bother to find out the name of the company, as long as the repayments and terms, fees and rates are what I want.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:04 AM   #20
thexyking

I'm in the property finance game. make sure your comparison is based on three things:

1. Your up front fees (even if they are included in the loan;
2. Your payment each molnth, and
3. Any balloon or residual you have at the end.

Interest rates can be misleading when you have other fees taken into account, compare the total amount you pay over the term and use that as the base for your comparison.

If you are using a property to secure the loan, only in exceptional circumstances (poor credit history, income that you cannot demonstrate) should you be paying over 8%.
thexyking is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2007, 11:07 AM   #21
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Geez, I got a BF fairlane off Jubilee Ford and the interest rate they charged me was 8.25%. That was a year ago.

Quote: