Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-09-2005, 12:52 PM   #1
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Default Today is my lucky day ! XW Wagon for NIX

I was having a very average day so far today , when a fella I know rings up and asks me to take a car to the metal recyclers for him with my tilt tray !I told him i dont drive tow trucks any more so he would have to find someone else. out of curiousity , I asked him what sort of car ! Its and XW falcom 500 wagon, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Being calm , I told him i could maybe come do it with a car trailer and he is impressed with my offer !He just wants it out of his yard as he has 2 newer toyota's. When I get there its in realy good condition , off the road for 2 1/2 years and has 4 flat tyres! 98% complete 6cyl auto ! very little rust and is now out the front of my place ! Gonna do her up a little , register it and flogg it off ! :sm_headba :hihi:

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 01:01 PM   #2
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Funny how fate throws in her hand sometimes aint it? good on ya mate...
Old 26-09-2005, 02:19 PM   #3
hrtrip
I Hope Holden Dies

sounds like a very nice deal, if you need to take it to the recyclers, give me a bell hah hah. do it to it my good man.

Icon Blue BFII Fairmont
Stock as a rock... :(
hrtrip is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2005, 11:36 PM   #4
blownvn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

pix??

Funny enough I went and checked out a Flacon 500 XW wagon last weekend. I was told tales about how perfect this car was and how it had always been garaged and how the old fella only wanted $1200 for it.

Sounded sweet so I went out and checked. The drivers side was hammered, it had been hit repeatedly by kangaroo's and every panel was stuffed, the tailgate was rusted out but there was a new skin sitting there. No carpets and the driver side floor pans, both front and back had metal plates self tapered to the floor to cover the rust holes. The brake cylinders were shot so no brakes, the passenger side had rust in the front guard and every panel had a dint of some kind or other. It was a $500 car at best (it was relatively rust free for it age I guess, and I was felling generous) and the old fella wasn't budging so I passed on it. Powered by the mighty 221 and it had three on the tree column shift.

It was a shame really I was hoping for something a little better.
blownvn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post