Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-12-2005, 09:20 PM   #1
f6xer

Question What would you do? Please help

I recieved a call this afternoon from my dealer and after the usual introductions I asked him what the call was in aid of and he replied ..."well I have some good news and I have some bad news" so with no hesitation I asked "Whats the good news?" and the good news was my eagerly awaited F6 Tornado had gone into production.Then with some reservation I reluctantly asked "so what the bad news?" to which he replied "it's not the colour you wanted"
Now to clear any confusion I would like to state the I had oringinally ordered De ja vu(green). Although without being able to see the colour on a car I decided to visit my dealer and ask if it was ok to change the colour to Blue Pearl. He sad that would be no problem and I left feeling alot better about my dream purchase.
My question to AFF readers is would you take the car in De ja vu and get the greatest Xmas gift possible OR would you tell them to cancel the build and wait to the new year to get the colour you really want and hope to get an early build date so not to wait to much longer. used:

f6xer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2005, 09:23 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

If you have specified in writing what colour you want and its in the contract then dont accept it. They build the car to your order - not just throw one at you and say "that'll do". Thats FPV's/Dealers problem if they botched up the colour.

But, if youre happy with the new colour (and I reckon De Ja Vu is a stunner), you could always take it. Just dont feel like you have to take it.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:24 PM   #3
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Try and get a look at a Green one, if you like it take it, if you don't, wait for the blue.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2005, 09:26 PM   #4
Zedjay
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mate your the boss!!!
tell them to give you the colour
you want or your gunna buy a holden
Zedjay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2005, 09:26 PM   #5
f6xer

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
If you have specified in writing what colour you want and its in the contract then dont accept it. They build the car to your order - not just throw one at you and say "that'll do". Thats FPV's/Dealers problem if they botched up the colour.

But, if youre happy with the new colour (and I reckon De Ja Vu is a stunner), you could always take it. Just dont feel like you have to take it.
thank you for replying but I havent been able to see De ja vu so opinion it is open but I would dearly like to see the colur befor I say yes or no.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:34 PM   #6
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I just looked at both colours on the FPV webiste, the Blue Pearl rocks, i love it and would wait.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:40 PM   #7
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

go the green and get a stripe package... would look gun!
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2005, 09:46 PM   #8
f6xer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
I just looked at both colours on the FPV webiste, the Blue Pearl rocks, i love it and would wait.
spent some time on the colourator and I'm also a big fan of the blue but I am keen to take deliverly
Old 05-12-2005, 10:01 PM   #9
thunderoo
Blueprint of Perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by f6xer
spent some time on the colourator and I'm also a big fan of the blue but I am keen to take deliverly
Good things come to those who wait........or something like that :hihi:
1974 XB COUPE
NO TRACTION AT EASTERN CREEK

HERS
BOSS 260 03 XR8 SEDAN
COLD AIR INTAKE BY PERFORMER SHAKERS
FULL X-FORCE QUAD TIPPED EXHAUST SYSTEM
thunderoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2005, 10:10 PM   #10
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Pearl Blue is much nicer than De Ja Vu...
Old 05-12-2005, 10:18 PM   #11
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

but how many blue utes are out there?
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2005, 10:25 PM   #12
f6xer

Quote:
Originally Posted by conordec
but how many blue utes are out there?
Have you seen De ja vu. the colourator on the FPV site doesn't do any of the colour any real justice.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:52 AM   #13
Falcon Girl
"Falcon Unbelievable"

I'd wait for the Blue Pearl mate...

Delivery before Christmas would be great, but I think waiting until the New Year is the wise thing to do.

The fact you said in your post you were "feeling alot better about my dream purchase" after changing the colour says alot!

Like b2tf said, don't take it cause you feel like you have to take it - You will more than likely regret it down the track. Go with your gut! Good Luck with it :
Falcon Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2005, 10:57 AM   #14
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse
Pearl Blue is much nicer than De Ja Vu...
Also umpteen times more common!... Go the green!...
Really is purely a personal taste thing, at the end of the day YOU need to be the contented one... Our opinions are of no value!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2005, 10:57 AM   #15
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

I personally reckon if you don't mind the green take it on the condition since they botched the order you get approx $1000 worth of accessories of your choice for free or you will just wait for the blue one, see what they do.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:00 AM   #16
Stampy

Wait for the green car to turn up ,Then say I ordered a blue FPV and wait for it ,06 plated FPV. If you like the green then take it ,making out your doing them a favor.

I personal would only purchase a new car if it's there in the showroom for me to see and inspect ,Probably why I've never owned a new car
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2005, 11:03 AM   #17
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

I don't like colours that blend into back ground...Brown and green are not my fav colours for that reason..Just my opinion... One other way of looking at it, is latter in production they "may" have better build quality etc??
Either way it doesn't matter .. Anciety is a b!tch though ???
Either way you'll be happy....
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2005, 11:20 AM   #18
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that green looks a bit plain jane IMO.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:37 AM   #19
SunDrifter
To shreads you say?!

If your getting the car built to order, then you should get what you asked for. When i bought my XR6, I was only given a choice of white, rapid and black because it was the end of financial year runnout with the 5 year warranty.

Fortunately the white has really grown on me. (don't like rapid that much, and didn't want black).
I've owned Holdens and Daewoos, and had plenty of problems with Holdens and none with Daewoos. Of course, the Holden is the more desirable car to own and drive, but based on my experience it is not the higher quality of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Weight means nothing to a cars handling...
:
SunDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2005, 11:56 AM   #20
Lowndes2b1
Craig Lowndes'#1Supporter

I've seen a sample colour of de ja vu and the colour of it on the website doesn't do it justice. Hasn't your dealer some sample cards with all of the colours on them so you have some idea what it looks like?? My dealer on the Gold Coast had some a few months before the BF was released.

Whichever colour you choose, goodluck and look forward to seeing the F6 Tornado.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:51 PM   #21
f6xer

Thnks to all how have replied. It is not an easy decision and regardless of what colour the bonnet is, it's what under the bonnet that really counts. To clear up a few pionts, 1-yes I have seen a small sample of De ja vu but it's difficult to guage how it will look on larger scale.2- I was told today the hand over date is 31/12/05 (new years eve)so much for 05. 3-I have said to the dearer I will not accept the car in green without seeing it first. If they can some how sweeten the deal then I am open for dicussion but at the moment my intention is wiat for a blue 06 car.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:00 PM   #22
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, me personally, i would wait for the colour you want, your spending some big dollars, and its not easy to save up for. Its a new car, your the buyer, get it how you want it mate
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2005, 03:11 PM   #23
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

Well if your going to spend the big $'s on yourr dream machine then i think the best thing to is wait for the one you really want....it's a lot of money to spend on a car, so you want to be 100% happy with it....good luck

The Reality: 13.1 @ 106mph.... The Goal: somehow get into the 12s!!! :sm_headba

www.qldsuperkart.org
vino3o2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2005, 03:14 PM   #24
f6xer

news just to hand. Got on the phone to the manager to sort out this mess only to be told that Blue Pearl has been discontinued as of Nov. 05. The saga continues.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:04 PM   #25
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The fact at the end of the day is it wasn't the colour you originally ordered. So don't take it.

I'm rather quite suspect as to whether the vehicle on offer is actually "being" built or has been built.

I've seen a mass holding yard recently for a lot of dealers and have seen quite a few falcons, including typhoons, already built, waiting for owners.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2005, 04:23 PM   #26
gtfpv
GT

mate it is not your problem ifd it is in writing . it is thier mistake . so contact the department of fair trading or tell them if you take the green one opon inspection you will take it for a demo runnout price ie at least 7000 dollars off retail or you will get your deposit back and take your business elsewhere . they will sell the green one to someone else so it isn't really a big deal to them .bad mistake from the dealer . of course it should be in writing though . because you origionally ordered the green so if it isn't ion writing that you changed your order to blue and stated by the dealer . than byou will have to wear it .that would be your problem.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2005, 04:27 PM   #27
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
news just to hand. Got on the phone to the manager to sort out this mess only to be told that Blue Pearl has been discontinued as of Nov. 05. The saga continues.
'Angabout! Can I get this straight. First they say that they've messed up with your colour and offer you Blue instead of Green. then they say that "Oops, the Blue that it's being painted is not used anymore" !!

Sounds like they are telling porkies! What are they gunna do, give you one in undercoat a tin of paint and a spray gun?

Just rock down there and say "I really did'nt want to go to (insert local HSV dealer) but I might have to.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:46 PM   #28
f6xer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
mate it is not your problem ifd it is in writing . it is thier mistake . so contact the department of fair trading or tell them if you take the green one opon inspection you will take it for a demo runnout price ie at least 7000 dollars off retail or you will get your deposit back and take your business elsewhere . they will sell the green one to someone else so it isn't really a big deal to them .bad mistake from the dealer . of course it should be in writing though . because you origionally ordered the green so if it isn't ion writing that you changed your order to blue and stated by the dealer . than byou will have to wear it .that would be your problem.
It is my understanding that the dealer has it in writing. Unfortunatly I don't have a copy so if they decide to play hard ball I maybe locked into taking the colour .If that is the case I will be trying to get some kind of discount or option out of them.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:50 PM   #29
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

You the consumer should not be forced into anything you don't want, it's an expensive car that you will have to live with, get it how you want, don't settle for anything less.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:52 PM   #30
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
It is my understanding that the dealer has it in writing. Unfortunatly I don't have a copy so if they decide to play hard ball I maybe locked into taking the colour .If that is the case I will be trying to get some kind of discount or option out of them.
you can try but when you make an order and pay a deposit you get a copy of the order stating the options and paint colour . so sounds like you took thier word for it which is a bit nieve. anyhow good luck with what you get .like i said they will sell it if you dont take it it's up to them if they let you place another order . i don't see why not . but then again...
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post