Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-10-2006, 11:40 PM   #1
bulldog

Default Car Covers

Has anyone got some advice on car covers?
I need to purchase one for my T Series however I don't want a cheap and nasty one that will rub/scratch the paint.I saw some today for $40 and some for $140, Triple eight have one for sale at $700!!! Any personal experiences would be appreciated.
Thanks

bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 08:34 AM   #2
WOLF
Track Red XY

I use a very good quality Autotecnica car cover, mainly to stop dust or accidental scatches on the car whilst it sits in the garage. Its got a nice silver waterproof exterior lining & a soft/plush inside lining. Its fully breathable so no condensation & also it won't damage your paint work. Costs about 200 bucks from the usual auto outlets. Don't go for the cheap ones.
Also, I never put the cover back on the car unless its FULLY washed & dried that way the inside lining always remains clean, dry and free of dirt/grime.
WOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 08:54 AM   #3
Dean

Have a look at this website, although they are in the US, they do ship to Australia. I have a couple of their covers and know a few other people who swear by them as well.

http://www.calcarcover.com/

Cheers.
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 10:18 AM   #4
snortycorty

I have come across a couple Aunger car covers, about $70 worth and they just kind of disintegrated after a couple months. I was surprised because there is never any trouble with Aunger products. I dont know if it was a just a couple of bad ones or what but I cant say I would be getting one, dont want to take the risk!
snortycorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 10:50 AM   #5
bulldog

Thanks guys for your comments. Any more would be appreciated.
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote