Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-12-2007, 04:31 AM   #1
Becker_11

Question Megs Gold Class wash

When washing your car using the two bucket method (2nd bucket to rinse wash mitt between panels) I've been using cold water for the wash and warm water to rinse the mitt in.

My question is does it make a difference if I use cold or warm water for the wash bucket? I've checked the bottle and it makes no reference to water temp at all.

I will say if your not happy with your car wash product and are looking to change you definitely should give the Gold Class shampoo & conditioner a go. I'm amazed at how good my car looks after a simple wash and dry. It definitely makes a difference. No I don't work for Meguiars or get freebies (I wish)

Becker_11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2007, 04:45 AM   #2
GSH
AU2 XR8

i would use warm for both, warm just tends to get in and clean that little bit better!

PERTH W.A

0406 553 226
GSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2007, 04:49 AM   #3
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It will not matter using cold, all i have ever done without problems.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2007, 07:40 AM   #4
desGT

Agree, the Gold Class stuff is great (use it on the GT and another sports car). Being from Melb, I definately use warm water in the bucket during the winter, but cold during the summer. Does not seem to make any difference, but this is probably assuming the car is kept with a good coat of wax (Meguiars of course).
desGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2007, 10:17 AM   #5
kooky
WRX terrorist

What type of wash mit are you using?

If you are usng a Microfibre mitt (and I suggest you do) you need to have hot water in your rinse bucket, the reason is that the hot water relaxes the microfibres which drop the dirt picked up in the mit into the hot water, the dirt then sinks to the bottom of the bucket, hey presto - clean mitt
Old 19-12-2007, 07:22 PM   #6
FASTXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've just finished a bottle of the Gold Class wash and although it wasn't bad I didn't find it measurably better than the Meguiars Gel Wash (the fluoro pink one). The mitt just seems to glide over the paintwork with it.

With regard to water temp, I always have mine very warm - I find it helps cut through grime and things like bugs much better (I guess it softens them up).
FASTXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2007, 08:40 PM   #7
Becker_11

Thumbs up

DOC I know what your saying but I thought it was worth asking the question after all we question everything else we do, ie: towels, car wash, techniques etc.

desGT I reckon if I was in Melb I'd use warm water in winter too lol.

kooky I'm using the lambswool Meguiars mitt mate and I've just bought their body brush too. I can't believe how damm soft those bristles are.

FASTXR Never tried the Gel Wash myself, you make a good point about using the warm water I drive a lot at night and have a big bug problem.
Becker_11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post