Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-02-2011, 07:56 AM   #1
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Default How bad is this

http://www.news.com.au/national/year...-1226005141557
A 14 year old

Old 13-02-2011, 09:02 AM   #2
fmc351
let it burn

Should be tried as an adult. Juvenile justice should be reserved for juvenile crimes, like stealing a can of coke or a bike or something similar.

This is the act of a menace to society, as a 14 yr old, his age is irrelevant.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #3
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

As much as I love this country we should look across the oceans at what works in other countries in regards to punishment for crimes.

Only fear of the consequences MAY reduce this sort of thing.

What would these twerps be given in Singapore? Middle Eastern countries?

Introduce minimum sentances as well... no more sob stories about not being hugged enough as a child to get you out of strife.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For once I am going to agree with FMC 351
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #5
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Time these little shitheads were dealt with like adults. It's assult on a Police Officer and for that alone, the courts should nail his hide to the wall. Give him a month in Long Bay to think about how tough he really is. I bet after 5 minutes in maximum lockup, he'll be crying like a baby. Time to get the message through. For a crime as serious as this, age should not even be a factor.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #6
Samurai_Chris

After 10 years of living and working in Japan. I am a little worried about moving my young family home to Brisbane..

In Japan. If you use your closed fist to punch someone, then you are charged with using a weapon like a knife or gun.. It's time Australian Governments enforced the same laws..

Everyman will say that he is a big boy, and can look after himself.. But if you are getting attacked by coward gangs. Then its a no show.. Also charge the parents... No 14 year old should be out at night.. Get rid of Youth allowance ect...
Samurai_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #7
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All that will happen is that his X-box is taken away for a week and he will be told he is a bad boy.... we all know how great our so called justice system is.

Maybe its time to get back angry mobs in front of court houses?
Remember how common it was up until the 1980s?

Time to name and shame, show their faces on media, once convicted.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2011, 12:05 PM   #8
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Are all our jails full ? Why is it you read everywhere from everyone wanting tougher sentencing. Are our politicians deaf dumb and blind ? Is it all to hard for them. It's getting to the stage that if anything like this happened to your family you'd take the law into your own hands. My daughter and her two friends were attacked buy a drugged out half wit. He was caught and charged. We waited for the so called "trial" to come up. In the mean time this druggo jumped on a plane back to New Zealand......never to be heard of again........
Old 13-02-2011, 12:50 PM   #9
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its only going to be a matter of time before the normal people have had an absolute GUTFULL !! of the way things are being dealt with these days....thats about all I can say without breaching T+C
Old 13-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #10
XCwillo
Had Rep of GT-HO. Legit.

This happened in my town.
My mate texted me that night saying he drove past and stopped to see the bloke in the middle of the road with people trying to keep him alive and calling ambo's.

It was a group of Aboriginals, the underage ones always hang around maccas for all the drunk people from the club to come over. Everytime we walk over from the club they ask for change and we always reply with smart *** comments and telling em to get a job. they ALWAYS try and start fights.
One night I had the pleasure of seeing them give **** to a security guard, and as soon as one of em reached for his pockets as a joke, he took the little ***** down by the throat as everyone cheered and his mates scattered

They are all a bunch of cowards. I think i also know who the other ****** where who attacked the cop.
Needless to say if i see 'em out. I'll notify a few people who arent too fond of cop bashers. The rest is up to them.
I hold NO remorse for this sort of behavior amongst teenagers
There's no god damned excuse

EDIT:
Just found out who the 14 year old kid is. I've seen him at parties since he was 11, drinking and smoking. He is always trying to fight people knowing that his cousins will be behind him. He gets in trouble by the cops WEEKLY and is still on the streets
Great system we have.

Last edited by XCwillo; 13-02-2011 at 01:01 PM.
XCwillo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2011, 01:18 PM   #11
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

I have to agree with some of the sentiments above. If the crime is a juvenile crime such as a letter box bomb or shoplifting then they should be dealt with as a child. If the crime is an adult crime such a grievous bodily harm, rape or murder, then they should be tried as an adult after the age of 12.

The reason I say 12 is there is already legal precedence for a 12 year old to have enough awareness to make decisions regarding their health and an awareness of the consequences of that decision. By my logic, that awareness of what is good for them must mean they have an awareness on what is also good for others (or not good in this circumstance) and an understanding of the difference between right and wrong.

Unfortunately I have been to many serious assaults involving children age 12-16 doing serious damage to adults (and sometimes younger children 6-11), so this story does not surprise me one bit. It has to stop.
Old 13-02-2011, 01:19 PM   #12
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCwillo
My mate texted me that night saying he drove past and stopped to see the bloke in the middle of the road with people trying to keep him alive and calling ambo's.

It was a group of Aboriginals, the underage ones always hang around maccas for all the drunk people from the club to come over. Everytime we walk over from the club they ask for change and we always reply with smart *** comments and telling em to get a job. they ALWAYS try and start fights.
One night I had the pleasure of seeing them give **** to a security guard, and as soon as one of em reached for his pockets as a joke, he took the little ***** down by the throat as everyone cheered and his mates scattered

They are all a bunch of cowards. I think i also know who the other ****** where who attacked the cop.
Needless to say if i see 'em out. I'll notify a few people who arent too fond of cop bashers. The rest is up to them.

EDIT:
Just found out who the 14 year old kid is. I've seen him at parties since he was 11, drinking and smoking. He is always trying to fight people knowing that his cousins will be behind him. He gets in trouble by the cops WEEKLY and is still on the streets
Great system we have.
Only one solution for that kind of scum..death in custody..hopefully the coppers give him a good healthy flogging in the lock up!
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #13
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:

EDIT:
Great system we have.
Don't mention the A word, you'll be branded as a racist for suggesting the slightest thing with A and crime.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #14
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

EDIT:
Great system we have.
Then he'll get off for sure because of his rights
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2011, 01:29 PM   #15
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Don't mention the A word, you'll be branded as a racist for suggesting the slightest thing with A and crime.
Race is irrelevant in this topic, I have seen similar actions from all manner of ethnic groups including white anglo/saxon australians.

Lets not take the discussion down that path, you know a lock will appear shortly if it does.
Old 13-02-2011, 01:38 PM   #16
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
All that will happen is that his X-box is taken away for a week and he will be told he is a bad boy.... we all know how great our so called justice system is.

Maybe its time to get back angry mobs in front of court houses?
Remember how common it was up until the 1980s?

Time to name and shame, show their faces on media, once convicted.

No, what will happen is that he'll be provided with comprehensive "free" legal aid by that segment of Australia society that gets virtually free everything. We will get told of his poor upbringing, that he is young and that it actually isn't his fault. Meanwhile the real victim will be left to their own.

It would seem to me that far too many politicians and judges have become brainwashed by the far left sympathies, freedoms movements, oppressed minority and a few extra votes that there have lost sight of the fact that need to be protecting the majority and regardless of their background, people need to be held to account for their individual actions.

We will also be told that if we throw more of our money at "our" problem it will go away - look where its gotten us!
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2011, 01:40 PM   #17
Spudz27
Call me Spud

No Comment
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2011, 04:00 PM   #18
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

great....... where my "holiday house" is........ nice.

agree with samurai chris, i live in hong kong and am not looking forward to coming back.
over here, it's zero tolerance, and bugger all crime.
that maccas area is dodgey at best of times in hervey bay, another reason i'm tucked up in bed by midnight when i'm back on holiday there.
reef green xwgt falcon
lime green HT GTS Monaro 308 4 speed
reef green ZC Fairlane black interior
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #19
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Lock him up for a long time, who cares how old he is, if your going to act that stupid you should face the full force of the law!!
Old 13-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #20
gtfpv
GT

look what happens in schools , kids can do anything and get SUSPENDED , when they should be thrown in juvenile detention , and parents charged .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2011, 08:23 PM   #21
XCwillo
Had Rep of GT-HO. Legit.

Just incase anyone was wondering. The family of the 14 year old has never known any better, all of his brothers and cousins are always out causing trouble, and starting fights, in and out of jail as quick as you can say the word, the parents aren't even there and if they are they arent a presence thats felt.
My mum and dad used to know them and people who where involved with them. They never learn anything.
The way they think is that they get away with everything. No values have ever been taught to the kids and if someone tried they would probably get a bottle to the head.
Animals at the least.
Old 13-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #22
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Just incase anyone was wondering. The family of the 14 year old has never known any better, all of his brothers and cousins are always out causing trouble, and starting fights, in and out of jail as quick as you can say the word, the parents aren't even there and if they are they arent a presence thats felt.
My mum and dad used to know them and people who where involved with them. They never learn anything.
The way they think is that they get away with everything. No values have ever been taught to the kids and if someone tried they would probably get a bottle to the head.
Animals at the least.
thats good news , and bad , the bad is this cop got bashed to an inch of his life unecessarily . shame on the govt and the judiciury system , the good news is now he has a better chance of being thrown in jail .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2011, 09:02 PM   #23
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Should be tried as an adult. Juvenile justice should be reserved for juvenile crimes, like stealing a can of coke or a bike or something similar.

This is the act of a menace to society, as a 14 yr old, his age is irrelevant.
Completely agree.
Old 13-02-2011, 11:04 PM   #24
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

T@C prevent me from saying what I really think ( the swear filter would smash me anyway ) . Suffice to say though, Australia is bleeding... ( read into this what you will..)
Old 14-02-2011, 12:36 AM   #25
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickxr8
Its only going to be a matter of time before the normal people have had an absolute GUTFULL !! of the way things are being dealt with these days....thats about all I can say without breaching T+C
Ive already had a gutfull. Enough to make my blood pressure skyrocket more than being in sydney traffic with a polititian shovelling new BS laws on the radio... What on earth can we do to save our country....

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2011, 07:51 AM   #26
Coyote mk3
Clutch Cable Killer

Quote:

EDIT:
Great system we have.
I agree with others that if you commit an adult crime, then you are tried as an adult.
No matter what happens you can bet the punishment won't fit the crime.

Hey Willo, is this the same maccas we were at at like 11:30 the night after taking pics?
HID projectors, lowered on King SL and Koni Shocks.

Daily - 2002 AUIII SR
Stock as she comes.

Coyote's EL XR6

^^Click Me^^

15.132@ 91.51 MPH

Photos by Me https://www.facebook.com/PhotosByMatthewWylie
Coyote mk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2011, 08:28 AM   #27
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Eye for an eye I say, they should beat this little ****** to within an inch of his life and put him in a coma. Once the copper is well enough put him and this little **** in a locked room together and turn the camera off.
Old 14-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #28
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I suspect that the whole issue is being dealt with "appropriately"......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #29
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

Stuff like this just makes me really angry....what is wrong with some people?
Old 14-02-2011, 11:14 AM   #30
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
I suspect that the whole issue is being dealt with "appropriately"......
I hope for the Cop's sake that this happens, and for the record I have the same outlook for any cowardly acts of violence.