Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-01-2007, 05:27 PM   #1
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default New shift kit idea - Anyone who knows a little about electronics?

I have been thinking of doing this for a while and now I am starting to plan for it.

The stereo controls on my steering wheel are next to useless with the aftermarket head unit, and I have learned to live without them. I'm planning on using the buttons for something else. I want to make a 4 stage shift kit and utilise the "Mode" button on the wheel to control it.

However I have never attempted anything quite so complicated (even though in the scheme of things it is in fact not very complicated) so I would like just a little help designing the circuit. I have done up a draft diagram and I'm hoping someone can take a look at it and tell me where I have gone wrong (and most likely I have!) and give some input.

The diagram is attached. I have left most of the resistor values blank, because I really have no idea what they should be...

The way it will (or is intended to) work is: You turn on the car. Everything is as it should be (the kit is off or in mode 0). You press the mode button to go to stage 1 and press again for 2 and 3. Each mode increases in firmness. Pressing again while in mode 3 will turn the kit back to 0.

Can anyone help me?

Attached Images
File Type: gif ECU Interface.GIF (11.5 KB, 78 views)
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2007, 07:39 PM   #2
JefXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sounds like a cool idea good luck!
JefXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2007, 09:09 PM   #3
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very good idea mate. Good use for the unused buttons.
I shall be watching this thread closely.

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post