Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-04-2006, 08:09 PM   #1
Yum-Yum
My 1st set of Wings!!!

Talking What a great day I've had...

This is actually the cherry on top of my great day hehehehe
OK, so I'm heading back from the 'Big Smoke' today after getting my new headers and exhaust system on, and may I say the note is 'CHURRRRRRRRR!!!'
I pick up my kids & head over to my mates place to let him hear the sweet sweet sound. It turns out that his neice has turned up to show off her (apologese for speaking such words) 2006 VZ SV6 (phatoohey phatoohey) He's standing in the driveway with the cheesiest of grins, turns out that something has fried the electrics and ain't nothing working PERIOD, now the neice has only had it for 2 weeks with just 52k's on the clock when she got it LOL yes delivery K's, the salesman turns up, lucky the yard is just round the corner, and as he arrives my mate asks politely "Yeah can you move it please mate...I don't want my friends to see it up the drive" BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
and being the samaritan that I am, yes...I helped to push said "LEMON" out of the drive so they could get it on the back of the trailer, as I drove past them to get the XR6 up the drive, I gave it a little bit of a squirt with the new exhaust just to let the salesman know...'Who da man' pmsl
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! what a great day I've had :sm_headba

:sm_headba
Yum-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 08:50 PM   #2
CongoAU2
AYE YOU

ROFL Thats hillarious. Way to stick it up the salesman. :sm_headba

:monkes:
CongoAU2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 08:54 PM   #3
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a good day to own a henry
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 09:27 PM   #4
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Every days a good day to own a Henry!

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 09:27 PM   #5
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

God bless Ford, new car electrics failure, jeez i wonder how often that occurs.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 11:37 PM   #6
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Being a holden im suprised it even made it to ya mates house ..lol, i gotta admit some of the newer 1's look ok - but i have never known any other kinds of cars to fall apart so quick these days ! - all my mates who have had holdens since mid 80's onwards have ended up regreting it ! .. good to hear you had a good day and a bit of a laugh .lol . ;)

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 11:14 AM   #7
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

hahaha. Go The Mighty ford.

Had similar thing on a new years eve, all of us ford blokes ripping into a holden driver, he gave it back all night long, bout 3am he went to go home, jump in car. No start. Was the fuel pump gone. hahaha

Another mate of mine has a commonwhore and it only had like 80,000km on the clock and was using 1 litre of oil a week. Took to holden and they tried & tried & tried to fix the prob. After a while it got worse and worse, and they still couldnt fix it, it was going back to holden for a top up and check up every 3 days, eventually got so bad that on a 75Km trip to work and back it would use about 2 litres of oil. In the end they just ripped the engine out, and chucked in a new one, no explanation of why it was doing it and wouldnt tell him why when asked. It was out of warranty but the did it all for free cause of the low kays and major major ИИИИ up it had. Was a brand new engine out of the box to that they put back in.
TS50 Front Bar with Fog lights, TS50 Rear Bar. Injected LPG System,
autickfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 11:16 AM   #8
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

Also talking about new car stuff ups, i have seen plenty of times, Brand New commodores or Monaros with traders plates on, and out on test drives parked on the side of the road with the bonnett up. I love driving past in the ford and seeing the prospective purchasers face when you give it a bit as you go past. And the dealer, just looking all embarresed about the situation.

Admitedly i have seen ford do this aswell, but have only ever seen them jump start it to get it going again, (Just dodgy battery from sitting in the car lot to long) but the commonwhores normally leave on the back of a Flat Bed.

hahaha

Cheers
TS50 Front Bar with Fog lights, TS50 Rear Bar. Injected LPG System,
autickfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2006, 09:43 AM   #9
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3 chaser
Every days a good day to own a Henry!
I like the way this man thinks!