Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-01-2007, 05:36 PM   #1
tyxr8ute

Angry Supermarket Trolley Rant

: Who else out there is sick to death of lazy a*r*s*e people who refuse to put shopping trolleys in the designated bays when they have finished!!! At worst it would take them what, 1 minutes to walk their trolley which they have pushed for the last 30 minutes to a designated trolley bay. Just because these people might drive a piece of c*r*a*p doesn't mean they have to damage other peoples (sometimes very expensive) cars.

I just got back to my car to find yet another dint, even after I took the effort to park further away than normal. I swear that people try and annoy me by parking their trolleys on my bumper, to add insult to injury I look over and find the person employed to collect trolleys talking to his bogan mates with about 50 trolleys scattered all over the joint! :

Who else wants to blow off some steam? If not I got it off my chest and will sleep better tonight.

2007 F6 Tornado #0067 - Lightning Strike

Member: FPV & XR Owners Club Of Victoria

Last edited by tyxr8ute; 29-01-2007 at 05:39 PM. Reason: spelling
tyxr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2007, 05:40 PM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Most shopping centres around my way now have pay-to-use trolleys, so you return it to get you gold coin back, has stopped all the trolley pile ups. Pain in the **** though as not all trolleys are the same size, so you have to find a set you can put your trolley in to get your money back.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2007, 05:59 PM   #3
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Shites me too, I was taking the 15 minute walk from the back car park of the shops on Saturday, and walked past a Bionic XR wih a shopping trolley leaning on the bumper. I could not leave it there and put it away.. Lazy asses is right.

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2007, 06:35 PM   #4
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I see this ALL the time at Bondi. Stupid lazy people leaving them behind the pillars right where you would open your door. And the stupid thing is the trolley bay is LITERALLY 5 metres away!!!!!

I am all for those trolleys where you have to put a money deposit. At least then people will put the trolleys where they belong!

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2007, 06:44 PM   #5
NA XR6
!!

$2 security lock on each trolley problem solved
Like Aldi stores have
Doesnt cost but everyone wants $2 back
NA XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2007, 07:24 PM   #6
bob^
LPS

Seen this last week at the supermarket.
Bloke pulls into carpark but theres a trolley there.
Instead of going into the one next to it, he just drives into the trolley.
Trolley was already only maybe 30cm away from a WH Statesman. It hit it quite hard.
The worse bit was he didn't care one bit.

Another time a trolley was rolling off a footpath at the supermarket straight towards another car. I managed to grab that one just before it hit it, and the people who left it there hadn't finished backing out of the carpark and just looked at me as if i was crazy.
bob^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2007, 07:30 PM   #7
XRchic
Hello

We were in a very large shopping centre car park near where we live. It slopes down a bit towards the shop, so if you are not careful with your trolleys, in the direction of the shops, the trolleys will roll.

People park their cars right in front of the shops, as well as in rows running 90 degrees to the shops.

We were in one of the end rows when we saw one of the trolley guys with about 50 trolleys (literally) in a big snake, heading towards us, and towards the shops. He was behind them all, pushing them REALLY fast down the hill, taking it wide, so he could swing the entire snake of trolleys around the corner and into the front of the shop.

He was going way too fast and couldnt control them, and they swung out and hit the back of a new 4x4 which was parked right in front of the shops. The chic who owned it was just getting into the car. She got out. The bloke who had been pushing the trolleys just let them bounce off the car and continued on his way, not realising that we had seen him, or that the chic who owned the car had seen him.

He turned around as he was running off with them and saw her standing there. He looked guilty and went back over and said sorry to her. She pointed her finger at him and got in her car and drove off. He went inside, and obviously deposited his trolleys.

As we were unloading our shopping, he must have come back out quickly and was on his way back to the trolley bay to get more. He saw our empty one and very nicely offered to take it off us. I said I dont want him going anywhere near my car with a trolley, thanks very much. He looked at me. I said that I had seen him ram the trolleys into that lady's car before, and that he had tried to get away thinking no one had seen him, and that he only came back and said sorry because he knew she had seen him.

He was very apologetic, and I said he was only sorry because he got caught, not because he felt bad about damaging someone's car - if he felt bad about what he did, he would have stopped, checked out the damage and perhaps left his number or something if she was not there. I said that I should ring Kmart and complain about him (I got his name off his name tag). He said he was a poor immigrant who needed the job. I said the lady who's car he hit also probably works to pay for her car that he just damaged.

He just shrugged at me and walked off. I have seen him around since, and I have always had a go at him. I felt like dobbing him in but it wasnt my car, and I dont think the lady cared too much really. And Im not about to see someone lose their job. I just hope he learned his lesson and shows a bit more respect towards others, as he expected for himself.

If I see him doing something similar again though, I will ring and complain. If he damages my car, I will complain without question.

People who dont respect people's cars in shopping centres, car parks, etc are tools. I go shopping a lot, I usually have 3 kids, piles of stuff and shopping to unload as well as a stroller etc... I always take care NOT to ding anyone else's car and I have taught my kids to be very careful.

Once I did dint someone's car, and I left my name and number. They contacted me and I paid for it to be fixed. I would expect the same from others, but I doubt I would get it in most cases.

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2007, 07:34 PM   #8
The Monty
Just slidin'

My mate in his old camry, which was nearly dead, swung into a car park, shopping trolley there, reversed to get a bit of a run up, and obliterated the thing into the garden.
Old 29-01-2007, 07:56 PM   #9
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

Not a shopping trolley , but when I had my TD XLE , I walked up to my car in K Mart in Blacktown & the "Lady" parked next to me had a carton (stapled bottoms those days) sitting on my Guard/Bonnet , so I very politely picked it up & dumped it on her car .

After giving me a mouthful of abuse and telling me "her car was only 6 months old" and didn't want it scratched , I informed her "my car was 3 weeks old" (which it was) : . You could still see the scratches in my car 6 years later when I sold it . (censored)... or what .

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2007, 08:01 PM   #10
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by normxb
Not a shopping trolley , but when I had my TD XLE , I walked up to my car in K Mart in Blacktown & the "Lady" parked next to me had a carton (stapled bottoms those days) sitting on my Guard/Bonnet , so I very politely picked it up & dumped it on her car .

After giving me a mouthful of abuse and telling me "her car was only 6 months old" and didn't want it scratched , I informed her "my car was 3 weeks old" (which it was) : . You could still see the scratches in my car 6 years later when I sold it . (censored)... or what .
THE NERVE of some people! I'd probably have dumped it on her bonnet hard enough to leave a dent.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2007, 09:54 PM   #11
Gabbs
Curry in a hurry

They need to make people pay for the trolleys its the only way it will stop people dumping them wherever they feel like. You want your money back put it back where it belongs.
Gabbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2007, 10:10 PM   #12
Falchoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
THE NERVE of some people! I'd probably have dumped it on her bonnet hard enough to leave a dent.
I would of thrown it on the ground and then run it over and if the "lady" had given me any lip I would of done the same to her! :thebirds:
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2007, 10:14 PM   #13
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
I would have slammed the box over her head

With the trolley deposit thing - I look for the ones that are loose without money in them, saves me digging around my wallet for change - which I don't always have. If there aren't any around, then I'll put the money in. But I always put it away, coin or no coin. It astounds me how people abandon the trolleys yet there are 2 trolley bays in opposite directions from their car 20 metres max away.

The trolleys left in the parking bay really annoys me, especially when parking spots are scarce. Once I was all set to turn into a spot and discovered a trolley there. I got out, picked up the trolley and threw it into the garden, then parked my car. There were multiple trolley bays within a reasonable distance as well.

I had one woman putting her child in the kiddie seat in her late 80's Merc. Her fat butt was pushing her car door into my closed rear door and left a scratch in the paint. I first took a deep breath, then told her sternly to watch her car door. She apologised, and I didn't take it any further.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2007, 10:28 PM   #14
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You should see what a shopping trolley looks like after being hit at around 70kmh by a train!
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2007, 10:36 PM   #15
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDXR8BLOKE
You should see what a shopping trolley looks like after being hit at around 70kmh by a train!
awesome?!
Old 29-01-2007, 10:46 PM   #16
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

what about the old through the bullbar and trolley trick with those $3 bike locks....
i saw it once, i bet the arrogant ***** never parked in a disabled bay again....

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2007, 10:25 AM   #17
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Similar situation with a guy at the airport car park. I'd just dropped my father off at the international terminal, was walking back to the car when I saw someone pull in beside where I'd parked my 2 month old Alaskan Frost coloured DL. First thing he does is put his brief case on my bonnet whilst he tends to his other bag in the boot. I asked him WTF do you think you're doing with that bag? Alarmed, he pulls it off by the handle and the little metal stud feet leave two scratches about 25cm long across the bonnet on the passenger side. You could hear it scrape as he pulled it off. First thing he says is "that was already there". So, I told him he will have to pay for the damage to which he replied "F@@@ off". Well, before too long his briefcase went flying through the air and exploded on impact with the ground spilling its contents everywhere. As he ran after them I gingerly took his car keys still in the ignition, shut his door and boot, then locked his car with the remote. I drove over toward him and flashed the keys as he looked and asked if he really wanted me to F@@@ off. Needless to say he paid for the damage.
Another time I was with a mate in a car park when the snake and the trolley thing happened, straight up the back of his mazda. Guy acted as though nothing had happened so we got the manager. 5 minutes later this moron was unemployed. Frankly, serves him right too. If I'm negligent in my job people die, and that's my responsibility which I take very seriously. If this guy is negligent cars get damaged. You can't run away from responsibility.

Quote: