Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 23-05-2006, 05:09 PM   #1
Felony
Wherever u go there u r

Default Where to go in s.e melb for auto service?

I need to get my auto serviced in my ef and the bands adjusted, where do you guys recommend u go in the s.e burbs of melbourne?
thanks

Old 23-05-2006, 07:27 PM   #2
BuuBox

CPA Automatics near Knox are pretty good, seem to look after you too.

9801 5809
BuuBox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2006, 07:31 PM   #3
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Nothing to adjust in your auto, just an oil and filter change and new pan gasket

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2006, 07:36 PM   #4
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuuBox
CPA Automatics near Knox are pretty good, seem to look after you too.

9801 5809
I used to think the same, but was turned off them after I was told, "at least $600+ to fix the T5, but probably will need a rebuild ($1000+).." So $40 later I changed the oil and it was the only problem. They didn't treat my ex very well last time either, which is odd because before that I had okay experiences.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2006, 07:43 PM   #5
CHRIS.ED.GLI

Pro Auto's in lonsdale st dandenong,they wont rip you off even if your a dill.thats my familys experiance.
CHRIS.ED.GLI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2006, 09:01 PM   #6
galapogos01
eec tweaker

KB autos in berwick have done me OK over the last few vehicles.
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2006, 09:01 AM   #7
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Impact Automatics in Coolstore rd Croydon.

Quality service and work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2006, 09:12 AM   #8
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Try our site sponsors Blue Oval Garage or G&D Performance...there both out your way...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2006, 10:17 AM   #9
Felony
Wherever u go there u r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
Nothing to adjust in your auto, just an oil and filter change and new pan gasket
If theres nothing to adjust then why does it shift a bit hard? like bang into the next gear.....
Old 24-05-2006, 11:56 AM   #10
XRated
Shoot.

It can be old/burnt/low fluid. But as far as I was aware, the autos had bands that could be tightened too....

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2006, 12:02 PM   #11
djmaker

Trans style in Hallam on hallam road they seem to be pretty good.

http://www.transtyle.com.au/
djmaker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2006, 12:45 PM   #12
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felony
If theres nothing to adjust then why does it shift a bit hard? like bang into the next gear.....
Maybe cause your Auto is stuffed

Mine does the same thing

When and if you get it serviced and if they fix the banging tell me where you went and I will get mine fixed there as well.

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2006, 01:03 PM   #13
camerooch

EF falcon 4 speed autos sometimes had issues with the shift solenoids sticking as the trans fluid deteriorated. I would recommend a full transmission "Flush" as this will replace ALL the fluid in the transmission. If only the fluid in the body of the trans is replaced you are still left with fluid in the torque convertor. From memory, this holds about 8 litres. (Plus any fluid in trans coolers,lines etc)
I would recommend this as well as having the shift solenoid operation tested.
This may all seem a bit overwhelming, but in my opinion, this is the way to go.
If you speak to Steve at Knox Ford in Bayswater, he will help you out with anymore info. Nice guy, easy to deal with.
Knox Ford Bayswater - 2/874 Mountain Highway Bayswater - 8727 6888
camerooch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 08:56 PM   #14
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by camerooch
Knox Ford Bayswater - 2/874 Mountain Highway Bayswater - 8727 6888
Called Knox Ford today $240 for a full transmission "Flush"

Also said I wouldnt have to change filter as the flush will clean it out, asked about the solenoid and they said if it still changed hard after the flush then they will look at the solenoid.

Does this sound about right??

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 10:08 PM   #15
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felony
I would recommend (highly) Keysborough Automatics, Chris has done my EF & now looks after my AU, importantly, he test drives both before & after the service. Hard shifting usually means F5 & F7 (IIRC) solenoid problems so whomever services it, make sure they do a test drive prior to any work being done. These solenoids stuffed up on my EF AFTER a Pro Automatics service & they left it up to me to find out on the drive home, unimpressed at the further $380 (repair) on top of the $88 already spent, (they called it "unfortunate") after @10 years loyalty, went to Keysborough Automatics (@4 years ago) & am very happy with the service. That's my experience anyway, ask almost anyone with an auto, you'll get plenty of sob stories, they really can be tempremental at times. :
Old 30-05-2006, 12:33 PM   #16
camerooch

Sounds about right, uses a fair bit of fluid for a full "Flush".
IMO certainly better than just dropping the transmission pan and replacing the filter.
camerooch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post