Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-03-2008, 12:22 PM   #1
aye you
The Origional, The Best

Default Don't you just hate it (Rant)

/Rant ON

So 2 weeks ago i make the decision to change jobs, in hope it was the right career move.

I've been working on my commercial pilots licence and thought that taking up an office position with the Flying school would give me a better opportunity to concentrate on my flying and my theory, with instructors around to help me. The idea was i'd be in the right environment to help my studies. A talk to the boss and it sounded great. would be a huge paycut, but at the time i felt it would be best for my future career.

Now 1 week into the job, i'm sitting here, the only person in the building. There are no instructors, I haven't had any confirmation that I actually work here, no confirmation of how much i'll be paid and do not here a single thing from the main office. I've had to call to ask about when we are getting an instructor, and haven't had a response. I hear through another pilot that my boss is up here, but hasen't come to introduce himself. I find out that ther was an instructor due to arrive here today, but was never told. I then get told he quit, still wasn't told. I'm having to tell pilot, students and new students that yes, we can give you the information, no we can't fly with you at the moment, no i can't tell you when were going to be able to. I'm turining guys away who need to sit checkrides to maintain their licences, and subsequently their jobs.

There is a major lack of communication here. I understand i'm on the bottom of the food chain here, but even trying to email anyone so I can get so imformation is a pain, i never get a response...

So i threw away a $1600 p/f job on the idea that it would be better for me here in the long run and now i don't know. Is this really a company I want to work for, when they can't even communitcate to their staff?

I only hope this works out, or I guess i'm going to have to look for a new job....

Thanks guys, needed to get that off my chest

/Rant Off

Lowerage on KingSprings Lows | Engine...Period | Sounds System

I Use And Recommend F1 Tyres And Wheels On The Gold Coast

Proud Supporter of Beat The Heat (NT)
aye you is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2008, 12:27 PM   #2
FordACE
Fast Ford to the Future

The right step is the one you took. No point looking back now. Remember, if things dont' work out there, you can move out just as quickly as you moved out of your other job.
Old 19-03-2008, 12:36 PM   #3
KBBossedXR
GetBlown or GetBlown Away

Keep your chin up mate, just remember look after yourself as no one else will.

If you think this is not working and they dont care about you get out and find something you like as we only live once and you dont want to spend your working days ****ed off as it effects the rest of your life and its just not worth it.

Theres to many jobs out there today to be stuck in one that you dont enjoy.

Thats my outlook on life due to experience, i live life day for day as you never know whats in store the next day.
KBBossedXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2008, 02:54 PM   #4
BA Bakes
It's Cat huntin season...

Sounds like a recent experience I had mate, i was lucky enough to get my old job back.

How serious are you about becoming a commerical pilot? There's a huge shortage of pilots at the moment which is hurting a lot of airlines. Here's a link that might help you fast track becoming a pilot - Linky

XRB055 - Black BA MkII XR8 Ute.
6 Speed manual, Leather seats, hard lid.
To do list - Cat back exhaust, new wheels, new shock and front sway bar, and whatever else seems like a good idea

Old Ride
XR40RD - Phantom BA XR6
160 rear wheel killer wasps - Pacemakers - 3" HiFlo Cat - 2.5 Redback exhaust - 18" Speedy Graphite Rims - Dumped on King Superlows - Standard ICC with iPod cradle, 5x7" Boston Acoustics, 12 Alpine sub powered by 4 channel Alpine amp
[/SIZE]
BA Bakes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2008, 03:10 PM   #5
aye you
The Origional, The Best

Very serious

I've been offered work here once I get my licence so thats all good.

Finally got ahold of the boss fella today, looks like its all been sorted out finally, so it's looking up

Nick
Lowerage on KingSprings Lows | Engine...Period | Sounds System

I Use And Recommend F1 Tyres And Wheels On The Gold Coast

Proud Supporter of Beat The Heat (NT)
aye you is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post