Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-06-2007, 08:53 AM   #1
351clevocorty

Default Twin Turbo VY/VZ Ute Puts Down 1800HP+

Received these in an email and thought I'd share.

http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q...20Turbo%20Ute/

351clevocorty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 09:23 AM   #2
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think I saw that before.

1800+HP... hmmm... but does it have the grip for it to be the ultimate time-attack ute?
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 09:25 AM   #3
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Intake temp: 230
Ambient temp: 19

Somethings not quite right there.

Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 09:30 AM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Have seen that before ... I think the sensor was put somewhere near one of the turbos.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 10:25 AM   #5
The Monty
Just slidin'

Deffinatley something wrong there. Great figure by the way.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:00 AM   #6
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Isnt that the one that was going around on email months ago and it caught fire on the Dyno?

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 11:28 AM   #7
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like Eddie Tassones new setup.

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 03:28 PM   #8
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

Yep i witness that ute at last year Ford vs H*ld*n show here in Perth. Bloody loud, never heard anything like it. It a lot louder then a nitro funny car due to a full twin 5" inch exhuast all the way. They couldn't use the semi slick tyres they had on because it just started doing burnout on the dyno so they change it back to 20" show rim they originally had on! I've never seen how hard the turbo was compressing air that you can see and so much black fume out of the exhuast dur to running rich.

There first run the got 1365hp they broke Australian Record. Then 10 min later of more tuning they got 1895hp which they broke the World Record for the highest dyno horsepower output in streetcar! (something like that)

To be honest i thought something fishy going on as the must have played around the dyno computer to give a big jump in HP reading as everything doesn't add up! And when dyno and car owner was ask if they would repeat that on another dyno he said NO! He mostly it did for publicity and business advertising!
My 2cent worth.

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 05:31 PM   #9
honer
Back to N/A land

The temp sensor was stuffed apparently on the day
honer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 05:44 PM   #10
EvilChief
Boost Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAFIA
Yep i witness that ute at last year Ford vs H*ld*n show here in Perth. Bloody loud, never heard anything like it. It a lot louder then a nitro funny car due to a full twin 5" inch exhuast all the way. They couldn't use the semi slick tyres they had on because it just started doing burnout on the dyno so they change it back to 20" show rim they originally had on! I've never seen how hard the turbo was compressing air that you can see and so much black fume out of the exhuast dur to running rich.

There first run the got 1365hp they broke Australian Record. Then 10 min later of more tuning they got 1895hp which they broke the World Record for the highest dyno horsepower output in streetcar! (something like that)

To be honest i thought something fishy going on as the must have played around the dyno computer to give a big jump in HP reading as everything doesn't add up! And when dyno and car owner was ask if they would repeat that on another dyno he said NO! He mostly it did for publicity and business advertising!
My 2cent worth.
you need two official runs which lie within a certain percentage of ech other to be recognized as an official record
LN65 Hilux Turbo - sold
EL31 Corolla Turbo - sold
Ford AU Ute Turbo - sold
Ford AU XR8 Sedan - 5.4l V8 Turbo (in the build)
Ford BA XR6T Ute - daily driver
Ford FG XR6T Sedan - cruiser

do you see a general trend? I DO

Can't live with it, can't live without it!
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 07:07 PM   #11
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah it made that power but how long can it keep reliably making that power for, No much point having 1800hp in ya car if you got to rebuild the engine every few 1000k's.
Green X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 07:25 PM   #12
sexyxe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That is the most ridiculous ute i've ever seen, you couldnt use it down the strip, track etc anywhere!
Those are some huge *** turbo's IMO!!
Good luck to them. haha.. like to see what is original, or even a casing of its original self, could do that to any car with the list of mods that it would be using!
Would they ever use that on a road, if so what would they have to do to the chassis?
sexyxe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 07:57 PM   #13
crusher
Dirty ute club member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyxe
That is the most ridiculous ute i've ever seen, you couldnt use it down the strip, track etc anywhere!
Those are some huge *** turbo's IMO!!
Good luck to them. haha.. like to see what is original, or even a casing of its original self, could do that to any car with the list of mods that it would be using!
Would they ever use that on a road, if so what would they have to do to the chassis?

The engine is out of eddies old car which was run on the street and the strip. His cars ARE driven. It used to be in a blue VK (correct me if im wrong) and was run at kwinana quite often.

Pretty sure this is old and was proven to be wrong which im sure he knew and is why he wouldnt try to get the numbers again.
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 09:03 PM   #14
castek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusher
The engine is out of eddies old car which was run on the street and the strip. His cars ARE driven. It used to be in a blue VK (correct me if im wrong) and was run at kwinana quite often.
was actually in a gold VH first, dont know what happened to that one, he then put it in a blue vh, wrote that off and now its in this ute.
castek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 11:33 PM   #15
redef

Quote:
Originally Posted by honer
The temp sensor was stuffed apparently on the day
yeah thats right it was in a few mags saying faulty temp sensor was to blame.
wont be making close to that power.
redef is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 11:41 PM   #16
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

We have see na few threads on this before, the dyno run is floored..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post