Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #1
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Flappist's Fables

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away the was car enthusiast, lets call him Richard Moffatt.

Now Richard is a blue blooded Ford enthusiast. He always buys Ford Falcons because Ford Falcon is king of the road.
He hates Holden with a vengance. He has never actually owned a holden and when ever any holden enthusiasts speak of features of thier holdens he refuses to listen and just abuses them because they are holdens and Ford is best.

One day Ford announced that they were dropping the V8. Richard was livid. Especially as Holden had V8s. But when it was time to buy a new car he bought a 6 cylinder manual Falcon.

Then Ford dropped the manual transmission. Richard what not happy. But when it was time to buy a new car he bought an auto Falcon because he was a Falcon man.

Then Ford changed to FWD. Richard spewed. But when it was time to buy a new car he bought an auto FWD Falcon because he was a Falcon man.

Then Ford closed Broadmeadows and opened a factory in China where they made RHD mondeos but badged than as Falcon. Richard was apoplectic. But when it was time to buy a new car he bought an auto FWD chinese Falcon because he was a Falcon man.

So finally Richard decided to do something about it. He drove his FWD 4 cylinder Falcon hatchback into the city to visit Fords Corporate Headquarters (a small serviced office as everything was now in China), parked his auto FWD chinese Falcon between two manual RWD V8 commodores and stormed up into the office of the General Manager and screamed at him "WHY DID YOU MAKE THE FALCON A FWD AUTO CHINESE HATCHBACK INSTEAD OF A MANUAL V8 RWD STORTS SALOON YOU BASTARD?"

To which the General Manager replied, "Because you kept buying them so you must have agreed with what we did. If you had started to buy Holdens because they were RWD V8 manuals we would have made them too as we want you to buy our cars but if no one from the public tells us what to make we have to listen to our 'experts'. So it is your fault".

And that boys and girls is why we have so many speed cameras.......

flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 03:17 PM   #2
Chopped
as in chopped

I felt something shoot over the top of my head when I read that.
(Is that supposed to happen ?)

Are we talking Speed Cameras or Falcons and Commodores.
Old 29-03-2010, 03:18 PM   #3
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Slow day?

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 03:21 PM   #4
BOSHOG
avenge me

great post. the market generally decides what products survive, id hate to see the falcon go like this, and if it does, will there be any reason for holden to not do the same?
Old 29-03-2010, 03:27 PM   #5
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

See the Mark Webber thread for context.

Yes, I agree. We continue to put up with it, shame on us.

The problem with "legislation creep" that has seen us arrive at the nanny state is that it is very hard to combat each new invasion of our freedom. It quickly gets turned around so that you're the one defending your position. ie if you complain about the hoon legislation then you must be a hoon.

I &%& hate it and I've had enough.
cs123 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 03:27 PM   #6
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow, I think that went straight over a couple of your heads. Its like fuel prices. Remember when it hit $1/litre and everyone threw their arms in the air and there was an uproar. 3 years later, after they slowly climb up, to get 98 under $1.50 we think "what a bargain". Its not a bargain, we've just been screwed over for so long we've gotten used to it
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 03:31 PM   #7
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVO_XR
Wow, I think that went straight over a couple of your heads. Its like fuel prices. Remember when it hit $1/litre and everyone threw their arms in the air and there was an uproar. 3 years later, after they slowly climb up, to get 98 under $1.50 we think "what a bargain". Its not a bargain, we've just been screwed over for so long we've gotten used to it
No the fuel is expensive because the Australian dollar is so weak..........
Old 29-03-2010, 03:31 PM   #8
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Caution: Grass may only be greener due to re-application of paint, will return to dull grey colour after short use.
Old 29-03-2010, 03:31 PM   #9
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123
See the Mark Webber thread for context.

Yes, I agree. We continue to put up with it, shame on us.

The problem with "legislation creep" that has seen us arrive at the nanny state is that it is very hard to combat each new invasion of our freedom. It quickly gets turned around so that you're the one defending your position. ie if you complain about the hoon legislation then you must be a hoon.

I &%& hate it and I've had enough.
It wont change, it will never change. Its not just this governement either. Even if someone else gets in next time, you really think theyre gonna take all that potential revenue away? Not likely. Theres too many sheep who just dont care so nothing will ever be done.
Old 29-03-2010, 03:33 PM   #10
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
No the fuel is expensive because the Australian dollar is so weak..........
No, it was expensive when the dollar was great before it all came crashing down too.
Old 29-03-2010, 03:41 PM   #11
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
Caution: Grass may only be greener due to re-application of paint, will return to dull grey colour after short use.
Exactly, so you keep re-applying the paint until it stops going grey......
Old 29-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #12
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
To which the General Manager replied, "Because you kept buying them so you must have agreed with what we did. If you had started to buy Holdens because they were RWD V8 manuals we would have made them too as we want you to buy our cars but if no one from the public tells us what to make we have to listen to our 'experts'. So it is your fault".
Stop buying the falcon & theyll just kill it off completely! No rebadged import. (look at the magna/380). As for the speed cameras..... What on earth is the corrolation? Ah, sorry, people ****ed at not getting what they want is not the reason why we have so many speed cameras. People that have a blatant disregard for road rules is the reason why we have so many speed cameras. (watch an episode of channel 7's highway patrol for clarification). and they still do! (repeat previous statement)

Like I said NO corrolation. Either I have missed it COMPLETELY, the statistics are WRONG or flappist has had a VERY slow day. Is that what the problem is mate?

BBII
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 03:47 PM   #13
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Exactly, so you keep re-applying the paint until it stops going grey......
The question is what will happen first, will the paint run out or will the painter get sick of reapplying coats?
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 03:49 PM   #14
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVO_XR
No, it was expensive when the dollar was great before it all came crashing down too.
The dollar is .91US, 1.3NZ, it is about as strong as it has been since it was floated.

Which has always amazed me.

At the same time that the Government decided to float the dollar they also minted the ONE DOLLAR coin.

Any 5 year old can tell you that coins don't float.

The dollar halved in value so what did the clever boys in charge do next?

They made a TWO DOLLAR coin.
Old 29-03-2010, 03:49 PM   #15
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
The question is what will happen first, will the paint run out first or will the painter get sick of reapplying coats?
Well, Im not one for repitition. I hate doing things twice.

Well, Im not one for repitition. I hate doing things twice.

BBII
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #16
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

is this the falcon that is a great car that no one buys anymore because it doesnt fit into peoples wants and needs anymore ,because its to big /thirsty/ not euro /not 4wd /cheap , would love one and they will never catch me i use a clokeing devise ha ha ...made in china no way its like holden man 100 % aussie made

oh was that to much
Old 29-03-2010, 03:55 PM   #17
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
The question is what will happen first, will the paint run out or will the painter get sick of reapplying coats?

I think its quite clear some people won't bother re-applying or in fact have been drinking the paint by accident. These people are all to happy to live in their suburban fortress and have no intentions of thinking outside their tax bracket.
Old 29-03-2010, 04:00 PM   #18
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
The paint will ALWAYS run out first although the paint manufacturer and its marketing support will constantly tell you that their paint is perfect while other paint is terrible.

This will go on until they realise that in order to stop different paint being tried they have to make paint that painters want to use.

Right now most painters seem to just look at the grey through green coloured glasses......
Old 29-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #19
V8 Man
Excessive Fuel User

And that boys and girls is why we have so many speed cameras.......[/QUOTE]

Hear, hear......the thin end of the wedge was driven in 15 years ago, now the governments in all states are addicted to the revenue. You think it's bad now, just wait another 15 years........
'10 CX9 Luxury (Family Truckster)
PBF 289 (POWERED BY FORD)Vic Number Plates for sale
V8 Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #20
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Man
And that boys and girls is why we have so many speed cameras.......

Hear, hear......the thin end of the wedge was driven in 15 years ago, now the governments in all states are addicted to the revenue. You think it's bad now, just wait another 15 years........
Ah finally.

I wonder if Aesop had this much trouble......
Old 29-03-2010, 04:46 PM   #21
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

AH, so if we all stopped speeding would they take out the speed cameras?
Old 29-03-2010, 04:50 PM   #22
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
AH, so if we all stopped speeding would they take out the speed cameras?
Nope, they will lower the speed limits
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #23
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG66ME
Variable is much more fun, every 200 meters we could have a different speed limit.

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 05:42 PM   #24
XDV800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB076
Variable is much more fun, every 200 meters we could have a different speed limit.
How would that differ from now?
XDV800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 06:18 PM   #25
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We can whinge all we want , we have our selves to blame .
We let all the do-gooders and media do all our speaking for us . If everyone against speed camera took 5 mins to shoot a email to your local member . Saying get rid of them now. Eventually they would wind them back .
We have the power were just to laid back or lazy to do anything myself included

The only way to get rid of speed camera's would not be everyone stop speeding because its man vs machine we will lose concentration at some piont they will never.
The only real way to get rid of them is everyone start speeding and dont pay the fine .
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 06:42 PM   #26
FPV GT
I Like To Shake It

Why do the motoring public accept badly aligned panels, creaks and moans from interior fitout, and the like, as well as excuses such as "it’s within tolerance"? (not brand specific both Ford and h&lden)
When and why has this been allowed to happen?
Complaints are made, and I guess depending upon your tenacity and reserve for following it through, the situation maybe resolved. Why have we got to this state?

BA owners accept driveline shunt. Why? Because its within tolerances.
I was in a 20 year old BMW a while back, over 170k on the clock, no bangs moans or creaks. Only ever had the fluids changed.

In addition, unfortunately this is only part of the rot that we in Australia "put" up with.

LCD TV’s give out 13 months after purchase…sorry no warranty.
First model Phillips 104cm scart TV's still going strong 17 years after purchase.

Why have we become acceptable to this ????

Regards
Paul

2016 S550 TY GT Coupe....some loud bits and some glass bits

I like My GT SHAKEN, and Blown
Happiness is a TY S550, a 1911 semi automatic, and the Lovey Lizzie by my side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Lizzie
whilst looking at man riding a pee wee 50
"That sure does nothing for his masculinity"
FPV GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 06:49 PM   #27
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

its an analogy people.... some people are having a slower day than flappist

and on that point, flappist i 100% agree pi&$# me off no end.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 07:35 PM   #28
HLC
Audi S3

awesome thread. we the people are continually bent over a barrel because there is noone to stand up and make a change. and those that do get shunned for being different, too provocative, too racist, too tall, to short, too redheaded, too whatever AND NOTHING EVER CHANGES BECAUSE NOONE IS WILLING TO SUPPORT SUCH A CHANGE. people now just put up with crap as it comes just like taxes, just like death, and just like any other regular occurence... "it happens because it just does".

"its time for a change".... and higher interest rates.
Old 29-03-2010, 07:40 PM   #29
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG66ME
That's already started
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 08:00 PM   #30
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The new party will be known as the anti-hoon and clear the decks of the nasty revenue raising camera thingy's.

Now, who will vote for me - as an incentive, if I get into power, I will also put up a bill for the Falcon to only be made in Australia and definately in a rwd V8 format.
auxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post