Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 02-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
Mackspower

Default Ordered my new Titanium Hatch

Whoo-Hoo . . . placed an order for a new Titanium TDCI Hatch.

Expected delivery date is 5th August . . . I join others here in the anxious wait.

Mackspower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
pbouzaid
Mondeo MC Titanium Wagon

Default Re: Ordered my new Titanium Hatch

Congrats mate. Give us some more details... colour, where you bought it, etc etc.
pbouzaid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2011, 07:47 AM   #3
Mackspower

Thanks pbouzaid . . . The dealer is Peter Warren Ford in Sydney (the one with the giant Sydney Harbour bridge at the entrance :-p ).

I ordered it in Lunar Sky. The price through the lease company was OK at $43K (inc GST),

I just wish there was an option list I could have ticked! Anything really . . . lol

This is my second Mondeo, sold the last one back in 2006. That one was only a base model LX but the awesome handling and fantasic chasis are easy to remember. Great cars, the longer you own them, the more you like them I think.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:22 PM   #4
pbouzaid
Mondeo MC Titanium Wagon

Awesome. Luar Sky is a great colour, and it sounds like you got a good price. Welcome to the waiting queue
Old 03-06-2011, 05:27 PM   #5
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Well done! You will enjoy it, mine's been great.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2011, 07:22 AM   #6
Mackspower

Thanks Dusty1. What did Jeremey Clarkson call the Mondeo . . . "a perfect poached egg"
Old 04-06-2011, 10:06 AM   #7
Dusty1
Giddy up!

The only reason I've gone from the Mondeo family is due to more kids coming at once. I would have been very happy I the Titanium wagon in midnight blue I had on order.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:30 PM   #8
scribbly

We're buying ours out so I'll be going between the two forums.

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #9
Mackspower

There is no shame in switching to a new Territory . . . if you we're going for a Captiva, that would be another story!
Old 04-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #10
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Looked at the Captiva in 2007 and said no, so didn't even look this time.
Previous:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:41 AM   #11
Mackspower

Dealer contacted me yesterday . . . delivery date has stretched to 25th of August now. <sigh> Still, it's better than the wait times for VW's or anything Japanense at the moment. :-)
Old 05-07-2011, 08:09 AM   #12
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackspower
Dealer contacted me yesterday . . . delivery date has stretched to 25th of August now. <sigh> Still, it's better than the wait times for VW's or anything Japanense at the moment. :-)
August is OK as you say, I was looking at a new VW Polo prior to buying the Focus and it would have been at least late Feb 2012 before I would have seen one. I think VW must be building them all by hand now

Congrats on the new car by the way
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2011, 01:36 PM   #13
Soulsearcher

I've got a delivery date of the 5th of August as well - I won't be surprised to get a call in the coming days / weeks either then.

Any indication on what the delay was for?
Soulsearcher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #14
Mackspower

Thanks Russ, I am a big fan of the Mondeo Marque . . . and that's funny (building VW's by hand).

Soulsearcher - sadly, yes expect the call . . . the reason they gave me was manufacturing delays at the factory. Apparently our cars should have gone onto the boat this week. They did say that August 25 was worst case though, so who knows . . . might be a bit sooner.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:16 PM   #15
uteboy
01REBL

Hi Guys, just an fyi - read on TalkFord there was a hail storm at the Genk plant last week. A few thousand cars ready for dispatch were damaged and will have to be fixed over there. May well be the cause of your delays.
uteboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2011, 02:01 PM   #16
Mackspower

Thanks for sharing uteboy. Yuk . . . I've got a bad feeling my car was already built and waiting for shipment. The story goes . . . that +3,000 cars plus were in the holding yard and they intend to repair them. :-(

Just read another report about a strike at a French supplier who provide parts for the Diesel engines - production stopped for three days at Genk (Mon Tues Wed).

D'oh!

Last edited by Mackspower; 06-07-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #17
Dusty1
Giddy up!

And it takes at least 3 weeks to get to Oz depending on the route the ship takes. If they have to go to Thailand, add on another week at least.
Previous:
Old 07-07-2011, 02:34 PM   #18
Mackspower

That's interesting Dusty1 . . . I'd always thought it would take longer.

I've got t say I'm pretty depressed at the prospect of receiving a repaired brand new car . . . kind of puts a damper on the whole thing.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:44 PM   #19
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Those ships move along. They are in dock for about 8 hours to load up, and then off again.

I tracked the boat mine was on and it went Greece (on the way back from here), Germany, Belgium, England, South Africa, Australia.

Do you know for sure yours was damaged? Might have been still in Genk and not on the docks. Unless you know 100% and have been told that, don't believe it was.

There's a poster on TalkFord who works in Genk and was very helpful to me, but I promised not to give out his info to anyone. Have a poke around there and you should be able to find him. He is a great bloke.
Previous:
Old 09-07-2011, 07:16 AM   #20
Mackspower

Thanks Dusty1, the life of those big transporter ships is amazing. Impressive speed too.

And no, I don't know for sure if my car was damaged . . . I was working back from the original delivery date and it would have needed to be built by the time of the hail storm hit Genk to get here on time,

Anyway, thanks for the words of encouragement! I'll take a sniff around the TalkFord forum.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #21
Dusty1
Giddy up!

He told me the name of the boat and I tracked it on the web. The live updates through GPS was ace.
Previous:
Old 10-07-2011, 08:58 PM   #22
Mackspower

Ah I see, very interesting Dusty1. I did find a member on that board called 'Wally@' who is a Genk Plant employee . . . guess I'll need to get the VIN somehow before asking?

Could you share the ship tracking webpage?
Old 08-08-2011, 02:41 PM   #23
Mackspower

Just got the email saying my delivery date has been pushed out to 10th October now . . . last estimate was 25th August. That's nearly a seven week jump.

Apparently there's some supply problem for Diesel engines. Disappointed.

Sympathy gratefully received!
Old 08-08-2011, 05:45 PM   #24
Soulsearcher

I didn't get any confirmation that the delivery date had changed from the 5th of August until the 4th of August, despite actively chasing up details.

I've been told to expect the vehicle mid September because "they've scaled back on production", but based on your findings sometime in October is more realistic.

Sucks :-(
Old 08-08-2011, 09:15 PM   #25
pbouzaid
Mondeo MC Titanium Wagon

yikes! I was told Sep and now it looks like Oct.

That sucks! A 5 month wait for a car... is it worth it I wonder?
Old 08-08-2011, 09:22 PM   #26
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Ah I see, very interesting Dusty1. I did find a member on that board called 'Wally@' who is a Genk Plant employee . . . guess I'll need to get the VIN somehow before asking?

Could you share the ship tracking webpage?
You need a NSC number (the dealer can get this), and I just used ship tracker or similar. I had to join as a member, but it was pretty cool to see where it was.

There are long waits at the moment for these cars, which is most disappointing.
Previous:
Old 08-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #27
Soulsearcher

I rechecked - I got informed on the 3rd, not the 4th.....

If I'd known about the delay upfront I probably would have still put in an order as at the time there weren't many options that I was willing to consider.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:26 PM   #28
Soulsearcher

I wonder what the real cause for the delay is though?

Part of me thinks that although there might be genuine underlying reasons (hail, parts shortages etc) - not all levers are being pulled by Ford Aus (possible competition for some Falcon buyers, or margin isn't as high).
Old 08-08-2011, 09:45 PM   #29
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Quote:
Just got the email saying my delivery date has been pushed out to 10th October now . . . last estimate was 25th August. That's nearly a seven week jump.

Apparently there's some supply problem for Diesel engines. Disappointed.

Sympathy gratefully received!
That sucks mate, hopefully the wait will be worth it
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2011, 12:13 PM   #30
Mackspower

Thanks for the sympathy Russ! I know the car will be fabulous when it arrives but this is a really unsatisfying buying experience.

I have to agree with Soulsearcher and pbouzaid, I would not have changed my mind about the car I'm ordering but the constant reseting of delivery dates and the couldn't-care-less attitude of the dealer and the Lease company is a real eye-opener.

Spot on Soulsearcher . . . Ford Australia isn't lifting a finger. The billions of dollars spent on great engineering and marketing is totally eroded with the lousy delivery process and poor manufacturing management.

Anyway . . . end of rant. I feel a bit better. When I settle down Dusty1, I'll ask for the NSC number.