Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-01-2007, 09:40 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up New Jaguar C-XF

Embargo breaking notwithstanding, there is still lots of information to share on the C-XF Concept that Jaguar will officially debut at the 2007 North American International Auto Show in Detroit next week. The design finally breaks Jaguar away from the ball and chain of its own traditions with a decidedly un-retro shape that still manages to exude a feline quality. This cat is more like a lion, however, thanks to a 4.2-liter supercharged V8 producing 420 hp and 368 ft-lbs. of torque driving the rear wheels through a six-speed automatic transmission. The C-XF also showcases some new technology, including something called JaguarSense that allows certain functions in the cockpit to be activated with a gesture of the hand instead of the push of a button. The interior also employs advanced lighting that bathes the cabin in an electric blue when the vehicle is started. Now, Jaguar's design director Ian Callum and his team want us to know that we are not staring at the next S-Type sedan, though the C-XF does display the brand's new design direction going forward.

As we said, there's lots more material on the CX-F, so check out Jaguar's press release after the jump and a full high-resolution gallery of 34 pics here. They're all 1,280 pixels wide, so feel free to make one your next desktop wallpaper. http://www.autoblog.com/2007/01/03/o...pt-pics-galore

csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2007, 09:43 AM   #2
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Thats pretty tough, but enough with the bloody concepts, grow some balls and make the things! Jag needs them.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2007, 02:36 AM   #3
Jayden
Graphic Artist

Nice, follows alot of current design trends with the flares, edges and high rear end. Alot of talk about orion being like this. look at the bonnet bulge, but I think their hopes are too off track but got me wondering how close none the less.

The interior is my favourite kind of styling, apart from the unecessary light effects, its very simple yet high quality with the use of the brushed steel and black and white colour theme.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:11 AM   #4
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Apart from the interior, its looks close to production ready, there doesnt appear to be alot that would need to be changed. Lets hope Ford has the balls to give it the go ahead.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2007, 03:37 AM   #5
Jayden
Graphic Artist

Alright, following the trend of personalising concept pics, I felt inspired to do my own. this is done hell quick and dodgy, and my comp was boged down rendering 3D so photoshop was slow.

I thought on this car the front was very high like on every other car made in this fashion now so the bottom of the front bar raises up giving it a pointier more traditional sportscar look and I removed the big grille since I personally do like the look of a clean front (I drive an EF).

could refine it alot more, pay attention to proportions and lower it but you get the drift.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:57 AM   #6
YOOT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
They're all 1,280 pixels wide, so feel free to make one your next desktop wallpaper. http://www.autoblog.com/2007/01/03/o...pt-pics-galore
Still not wide enough, they'd have to be 1920 pixels to fit my screen, cars nice though. They should make it all alluminium like some of the other jags.
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2007, 09:26 AM   #7
Sapper
Back to the AU

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
The C-XF also showcases some new technology, including something called JaguarSense that allows certain functions in the cockpit to be activated with a gesture of the hand instead of the push of a button.
Use the force Luke....