Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-10-2006, 08:34 PM   #1
Boss 290

Default ford glory hogs!

i dont mind that there are long time members who dont post often. what i do mind is that there are long time members who dont post but all of a sudden they are posting things like...holden suck, they look ugly, they are crap.....blah blah blah. all because we won bathusrt now....where were you all before?
im so happy ford won but im not going to bag out holden and say they are crap...especially since they won the last 7 bathurst.

yes, it is about brand loyalty but you cannot hide the fact that there are some great cars produced by them. p.s i admitt fords look nicer but that does not mean holden is ugly....except the ve lol

Boss 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 08:39 PM   #2
YuGoStaR
Long Member

I don't see the point of your post...
I have been a member for a relatively long time, and I don't post all that much.

So what if some people are happy and want to talk down the opposition a bit, they've been waiting since 1998 to do it.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:43 PM   #3
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Lots of members need attitude adjustments re the other brand.

Just because it does not wear an oval badge does not make it a peice of crap etc.
I prefer ford but the holden product is just as good as our product most the time and sometimes even better.
Truth be known is there V6 is more reliable than our 6
The V8 supercars have no ressemblence to our showroom models except for the basic body shape and are both designed to be equal by ever changing rules.

I have to admit I was happy when Skaife went out, but I would have rather lowndes beat him to the flag with both cars finishing that way there would be no excuses from the red brigade

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 08:53 PM   #4
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

which six are we talkin about
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 08:56 PM   #5
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have to admit I was happy when Skaife went out, but I would have rather lowndes beat him to the flag with both cars finishing that way there would be no excuses from the red brigade[/QUOTE]

Have to agree with you there Ratter, would have liked to have seen it go to the wire too,but hey its been a long time between drinks for us and if the gang wants to crow a little I wouldnt hold it against em'
I dont think anyone really means to be malicious :
New ride....07' RSpec manual Typhoon in Winter White....factory sunroof, Premium sound, Process West intercooler, upsized tubing, valve springs, 1000cc injectors, Delphi intank pump,*modified turbo, 4" dump, 5" cat, dual 2 1/2" Xforce exhaust, Mal Wood Opt 5 clutch, Herrod shifter, Ozrace coilovers with adj. Whiteline bars, 6 spot Brembos,
Edit by Crescent Motorsport.....382rwkws @ 1150nms on E85....
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 08:58 PM   #6
xagsjoe
Patience is a virtue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
Truth be known is there V6 is more reliable than our 6
Dunno bout that the 250 xflow in my XE is 404500ks old and still got original leads and never had head off :
xagsjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 09:00 PM   #7
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyfmtjoe
Dunno bout that the 250 xflow in my XE is 404500ks old and still got original leads and never had head off :
I wasn't even thinking back that far, more the e series stuff

Old 08-10-2006, 09:04 PM   #8
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I guess they're excited?

I just didn't see the point, of the idiot, that went into Show & Shine before, and bagged out a member's Clubsport, just because Ford won Bathurst.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 09:14 PM   #9
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know they are excited at the momment, and both sides have their idiots, but time after time you see them bag out others rides because of it's badge

I really beleive some of these idiots think they are racing showroom cars the way they carry on.

:

Old 08-10-2006, 09:16 PM   #10
EFDream
XRR83D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
I guess they're excited?

I just didn't see the point, of the idiot, that went into Show & Shine before, and bagged out a member's Clubsport, just because Ford won Bathurst.
My thoughts exactly.....too bad the thread got closed because of the person...

2007 Suzuki Swift - Pearl Red
Povo Pack

EFDream is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 09:29 PM   #11
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
I guess they're excited?

Seriously...? I didnt hear about that...
What a tool :
No wonder Ratter had a spit out:
New ride....07' RSpec manual Typhoon in Winter White....factory sunroof, Premium sound, Process West intercooler, upsized tubing, valve springs, 1000cc injectors, Delphi intank pump,*modified turbo, 4" dump, 5" cat, dual 2 1/2" Xforce exhaust, Mal Wood Opt 5 clutch, Herrod shifter, Ozrace coilovers with adj. Whiteline bars, 6 spot Brembos,
Edit by Crescent Motorsport.....382rwkws @ 1150nms on E85....
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 09:30 PM   #12
HLC
Audi S3

worst. thread. ever.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:31 PM   #13
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seriously though.. I'd like to think this forum has a LOT better attitude compared to the 'other' guys. Mention a Ford around there and they'll beat it to death with an e-stick.

Sure, some get carried away.. But this forum has a lot more people with their head on straight IMO.

PS... Fords I6 craps all over the V =P
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 10:10 PM   #14
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
I know they are excited at the momment, and both sides have their idiots, but time after time you see them bag out others rides because of it's badge.
Yeah it's annoying and stupid.

Even worse, when it's 2 grown adults.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 10:14 PM   #15
I6corp
Was V6corp

Like Craig said "it wasn't about manufacturers, it was about the man".

So calm down
Planned Engine Mods: ; Extractors; Tickford CAI; Twin Mufflers; Shift Kit; Hi-Stall; Cam; ECU Flash
Bling Mods: Tinted Windows; JVC CD/DVD HU
Planned Bling Mods: TS50 Front; High Series bonnet; Rebel Skirts and Rear Bar; SL Springs; Clear Side Indicators; Rear Spolier; Mags
I6corp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 10:20 PM   #16
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Let's remain positive and celebrate a great(much anticipated and overdue) win for the Blue Oval, rather then go down the track of supporters in years gone by putting down the cars that other people choose to support.
Unfortunately bad sportmasnship extends to supporters as well as competitors, hopefully Ford Fans can be great sportsmen as well.
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 10:25 PM   #17
anakha

I went over to read the motorsport forum on ls1.com.au and I found the discussion of the Bathurst thread to be quite moderate.

That may not be the case for all their normal talk as I don't hang there. Still, no reason to bag the red team.
anakha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 10:25 PM   #18
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

It felt like a real down Bathurst to be honest, The crashes and then after the race to here porter passed away just topped it off, I felt all weekend it was going to be a down time, It was hard to celebrate the life PB with what happen.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:29 PM   #19
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

Boss 290 , ratter & other "Posters"

I agree , even though I haven't been with AFF all that long , I'm a "fence sitter" GMH & Ford have both built duds and also "Good Cars" . I've had a few GMH products , 1 a HQ P/Van ,3rd owner , must have done over 1 mill k's , no joke & 308 HQ premier wagon ( + a couple more) both VERY good cars in their time . My preference is for Ford , but still own a Holden as well . Yep , I'm an old phart

I've just been having a look at LS1 "Tarpit" (not a traitor , just open minded) and guess what , some were disappointed Skaife bombed out , some were happy , BUT , you should see how many wanted Craig or Glen Seaton to win ... hardly any negative comments .

As far as Bathurst is concerned , it was great to see a Ford win , BEST race I've seen in years , but there were a few Holden drivers I was sorry to see "fall by the wayside" because I think they are great drivers . A car is only 1/2 of winning the race , you need someone damn good to keep it pointed in the right direction.

Some members on here are GMH drivers , cool , give us a look at your cars , I certainly won't bag them . Wouldn't it be boring if there was only one brand of car available , what incentive would there be to improve that One Brand.

Just my 2.2 c (Inc GST)

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 10:48 PM   #20
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree with Boss.

This forum aims to be family friendly (to a certain degree), and part of that is allowing people to show their cars.

Admittedly, some of the pictures of cars I have seen here have not been to my liking, but do you know what I do? I say nothing, or I say what I like and keep what I don't like to myself.

Anyway, anybody who has to bag your car probably wishes they had the same thing. Insecurity and jealousy are two massive factors in stating dislike.

Holdens and Fords are welcome here. Just not Toyotas :P

Ohhh...ok...Toyotas are welcome too.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 10:57 PM   #21
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I am not afraid to say I hate Holdens. I love Fords. Big deal! Will I be branded brandist?
Old 08-10-2006, 11:00 PM   #22
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
I am not afraid to say I hate Holdens. I love Fords. Big deal! Will I be branded brandist?
No. You are welcome to say you don't like Holdens. That's your opinion, and are entitled to it.

But that isn't the point of this thread.

This thread is stating that despite Ford winning, Holdens are in no way inferior to Fords, given their Bathurst record, as well as the ongoing competitiveness and sportsmanship we see between the manufacturers in the V8 Supercars.

One result doesn't mean anything significant.

Also, somebody was flamed for showing their Holden, when perhaps the old adage, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" would have been best executed at such a time.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:03 PM   #23
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I would say this thread is pretty point less
Old 08-10-2006, 11:16 PM   #24
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
I would say this thread is pretty point less
......and agreeing whole heartedly. I will, and always, and unconditionally say here and now that I will not and do not like Holdens! Yes they ARE totally an inferior product which I have pleasure in bagging. Never owned one 'not that I am admitting too' and see this thread is not required.........and proberly neither is my opinion :

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 11:22 PM   #25
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
I agree with Boss.

This forum aims to be family friendly (to a certain degree), and part of that is allowing people to show their cars.

Admittedly, some of the pictures of cars I have seen here have not been to my liking, but do you know what I do? I say nothing, or I say what I like and keep what I don't like to myself.

Anyway, anybody who has to bag your car probably wishes they had the same thing. Insecurity and jealousy are two massive factors in stating dislike.

Holdens and Fords are welcome here. Just not Toyotas :P

Ohhh...ok...Toyotas are welcome too.
Does that mean i can't show my future Toyota Camry here :P.
I'm very shocked i didn't get a PM the name says it all.

NormXB.. Holden and ford don't make duds, Some cars are maybe on the edge but they don't make duds, Some have problems and others don't, If they both sold them around the world and sold 1mil each per year we would see best build quality, But what we see is the best bargain for your $$ world wide.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:25 PM   #26
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I said Toyotas are welcome too, which means when you hit 65 years of age and finally driving your dream Camry, you are most welcome to post

But for now, enjoy your VP. At least it moves

Agreed on Fords and Holdens...for a family size car you get a good interior, decent performance (for a family car), comparable fuel economy and reasonable mechanics. And all for a good price.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:30 PM   #27
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont get it.
Both are the products of American multinationals.
Both make large rwd V8 and in Fords case turbo 6 muscle cars.
Both have a proud racing history and proud muscle car histories.

seems a waste

If anything hate ricers and the import scene.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 11:33 PM   #28
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

I'm going to get it at 30... It's to cheap to knock it but i don't like Camry's but 2lt 5 speed reg broken right driving light and left hand mirror and it's RWC easy, All for $400 91 model Runs great isn't slow isn't fast it's in good nick runs cheap on fuel can't find a reason other then i don't like Camry's to say i don't want it as a back up. When my car goes in for work i need to wait around, I waited 7 hours for 4 springs to be delivered when i could have been at home waiting for them to call me.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:39 PM   #29
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
I'm going to get it at 30... It's to cheap to knock it but i don't like Camry's but 2lt 5 speed reg broken right driving light and left hand mirror and it's RWC easy, All for $400 91 model Runs great isn't slow isn't fast it's in good nick runs cheap on fuel can't find a reason other then i don't like Camry's to say i don't want it as a back up. When my car goes in for work i need to wait around, I waited 7 hours for 4 springs to be delivered when i could have been at home waiting for them to call me.
So is the lesson, "Good as a backup, and not much else?" :P

Wow...not bad. 400 bucks.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:08 AM   #30
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
So is the lesson, "Good as a backup, and not much else?" :P

Wow...not bad. 400 bucks.
Mum will drive it most of the time, And i might to go to the shops at night:P.
I'm looking at getting into the VP good and doing some work to it, And i was told never have a car your doing up as your daily driver, Thats very good advice. Cause few months back my mum was stopped at the light and a car smashed into the rear. Bonnet hinge went and bonnet went into the window left some nasty cracks. I'd like to let it just sit and go slow with it. Hide in the back seat of the Camry