Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-10-2006, 04:28 PM   #1
Trevnutz

Default What do you think is better

Hello All

I just got a bank loan and want to buy a xr6 series falcon. What do you think is the better one of them all. They will have to be manual transmition too.

My pref is 1996 xh xr6 ute manual
el xr6 manual
I have also seen manual au xr6 falcons for $8000 too

Does anybody have a link for the specs of these cars and also what are the best ways to modify them. Will a au xr6 motor bolt straight in a el or xh without changing anything (is it a straight swap). Does anybody recomend gas on these cars.
Anyways thanks guys

Trevnutz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 04:32 PM   #2
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

my personal pick is the EL xr6. if the AU is a series 2 i would probably go that though. a good EL would be better than an average AU imo
gas would be fine on any of those cars. as for an engine conversion it wouldnt be very hard at all
OED-666 bolted an au xr6 motor in an ED falcon and is running in the 13's so its definately worthwhile.

if you want to mod the el would probably be better depending on how far you want to go mainly because of the cam choices you have.
the AU also has an advantage of having the Edit being available that makes things alot better for them.
speak to a few tuners about it as far as mods are and you should get a good answer.

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 05:50 PM   #3
Trevnutz

Thanks for the reply. With the xh xr6 isnt that the same as a ef/el xr6 but in ute form. Are the motors still rated at the same bhp.
Trevnutz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post