Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-12-2006, 05:18 PM   #1
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Buggatti Veyron - Eat your heart out!

Now entering the ring - PORSCHE... and it's EURO IV compliant!

http://www.worldcarfans.com/tuners.c...us-porsche-997

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 05:21 PM   #2
Sledgehammer
Banned

Love the all black stealth look
Sledgehammer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 05:21 PM   #3
Miller
It's Millertime!

Doesn't look as nice as the Veyron, top effort though
Miller is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 05:48 PM   #4
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

As “nice” as the Veyron? I’ve never seen those two words in the same sentence.

Looks like a similar concept to 9ff Porsche based mid-engined special.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 05:59 PM   #5
turboute
turboute

For some reason I could see that with a 300C grill on the front...
turboute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 06:09 PM   #6
XR8putts

And how many of these "Porsches" will be built? And can we see some statistics..
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 06:20 PM   #7
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well that wont fit in my Christmas stocking. :(
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 06:27 PM   #8
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Bugatti Veyron is a much better car that was originally designed for high power and speed, a modified porsche does not the worlds best supercar make. I can see now the litany of hotted up 911's and boxers driven around bankstown with bigger turbo's and lowered suspension.

Anyway, the bugatti has a full interior as opposed to a spartan one, does not have an intrusive roll cage and has its peak power available from 3000 rpm as opposed to the 7700rpm required by this porsche. Furthermore, the Bugatti owns the porsche in torque and can run on premium unleaded as opposed to the porsche. I guess it's like saying that top fuelers are better than a ferrari because they can go the fastest.
Finally, the most important comparison is that Jeremy Clarkson would never do a super challenge with a porsche, much less one that has been hotted up.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 07:28 PM   #9
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Bugatti Veyron is a much better car that was originally designed for high power and speed, a modified porsche does not the worlds best supercar make. I can see now the litany of hotted up 911's and boxers driven around bankstown with bigger turbo's and lowered suspension.

Anyway, the bugatti has a full interior as opposed to a spartan one, does not have an intrusive roll cage and has its peak power available from 3000 rpm as opposed to the 7700rpm required by this porsche. Furthermore, the Bugatti owns the porsche in torque and can run on premium unleaded as opposed to the porsche. I guess it's like saying that top fuelers are better than a ferrari because they can go the fastest.
Finally, the most important comparison is that Jeremy Clarkson would never do a super challenge with a porsche, much less one that has been hotted up.
I agree partly, however, the Veyron has more power because it has FOUR turbos. This car has just one, also, the veyron has a W16 motor, whereas this car is a flat 6. Plus, I think that if I was pushing more then 400k's, I would want a big a*** roll cage in my car.

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 07:46 PM   #10
FPV329
Workin' for the BOSS

Nice one Ryan.... :

yeah I think I'd like the roll cage to au3 chaser!
Old 12-12-2006, 08:09 PM   #11
Miller
It's Millertime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev28K
As “nice” as the Veyron? I’ve never seen those two words in the same sentence.

Each to their own
Miller is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 08:55 PM   #12
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3 chaser
I agree partly, however, the Veyron has more power because it has FOUR turbos. This car has just one, also, the veyron has a W16 motor, whereas this car is a flat 6. Plus, I think that if I was pushing more then 400k's, I would want a big a*** roll cage in my car.
What a roll cage is going to help crashing at 400k's maybe a prayer would be your best bet.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 10:59 PM   #13
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcams
What a roll cage is going to help crashing at 400k's maybe a prayer would be your best bet.
Add's to the mess some poor bugger has to clean up.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 11:01 PM   #14
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd

Which is why the Veyron can do o-3oo in about 18 seccond's. Veyron will own this porsch anyday of the week.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 11:08 PM   #15
RS500
RB 25 TURBO USER

If anyone can make a fast porsche its the Alen Brothers, There racing cars are all beasts. If they were allowed to race their Bi Turbo Porsche at the Bathurts 24HR they would have walked over the 427's
RS500 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 08:00 AM   #16
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3 chaser
Sorry, I should have been more specific.
Your point about the flat 6 and W16 is valid, enabling peak torque to come on much earlier in the Bugatti.
As for the rollbar, the porsche is made predominantly out of steel wheras the bugatti is made from carbon fibre and glare (aluminium reinforced carbon fibre), resultantly the Bugatti is stronger. Furthermore, the bugatti has reinforcement in its roof in case of roll overs and has been designed initially for the highest speed possible in a road car. It was born using all the latest aviation technology, and hugs the road at 300kph plus.
Anyone remember the McLaren that Mark Webber flipped twice at 300kph?
I fear the porsche not being designed for this with a flat bottom, diffuser and the like may not become the next flying mclaren, but may be incredibly unstable at speed.
Finally, if you saw the Bugatti on top gear you would realise that for 850,000 pounds you are getting a car that costs 5 million pounds to produce, and there are so few in the world you may actually not have to worry about depreciation for a while.

Quote: