Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Angry Ch7 Ads!!! >:|

IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING DRAMAS TRYING TO WATCH THE V8'S, WITH BULK ADS!!!! WTF!!!

There's no replacement for displacement!!!

Handling: Bilstein Shocks with King springs all round, Whiteline 27mm front swaybar & 22mm rear adj, upgraded PBR rotors, calipers and braided lines all round with Bendix Ultimate pads.
Go Fast Bits: Herrod C.A.I with K&N 4" pod flter, Herrod Helix spacer, Herrod oil breathers, Tridon 72c thermostat, Herrod 2.5" stainless cat back zorst.
Bunyip04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ch7 Ads!!! >:|

Since it's a commercial network, they would probably want us to just suck it up. But then again, AFL and NRL only get no more than one 30 sec ad during play, wonder why it can't be the same for V8SC?
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
BHDOGS
Banned

Foxtels the same now full of ads I thnk ull find theres no escape mr bond
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #4
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Yeah it BS, makes me extremely mad...

Handling: Bilstein Shocks with King springs all round, Whiteline 27mm front swaybar & 22mm rear adj, upgraded PBR rotors, calipers and braided lines all round with Bendix Ultimate pads.
Go Fast Bits: Herrod C.A.I with K&N 4" pod flter, Herrod Helix spacer, Herrod oil breathers, Tridon 72c thermostat, Herrod 2.5" stainless cat back zorst.
Old 19-05-2012, 06:29 PM   #5
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i didn't find it too annoying on the v8's..

last week i tried to watch aladdin with the kids on ch7. i think they were showing 5 minutes of movie to 5 minutes of ads.. and then they stopped the movie mid song for a horse race.. not happy, was hard enough to get the kids to watch a movie, let alone one interupted by heaps of ads.
Old 19-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #6
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Would only be worse if they had Skaife and Crompton talking on the adds as well...

Ed
Old 19-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #7
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

How do you reckon the companies that sponsor the teams are feeling. Millions of dollars to have their name splashed across every surface of the cars and then channel 7 fills the races with ads. They're the ones that are really hard done by
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #8
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

You want free TV without adds?

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #9
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Wonder how many people realise many countries charge a TV tax for each TV in their premises?

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2012, 11:35 PM   #10
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

Ever since bathurst last year i refused to watch the v8s on seven as there was more adds than the race been shown. Now i watch it on speed hd on saturday and sunday nightand has been great ever since except when i hear the result on the radio while driving lol, well thats only happened once.

Weekender. AU XR8 s2 sedan. 427 windsor, t56 magnum. 3.9 locker.
blownv8au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2012, 11:57 PM   #11
BAXR8_Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Wonder how many people realise many countries charge a TV tax for each TV in their premises?
How many?
Old 20-05-2012, 12:06 AM   #12
itchy brother
Windsor Warlords

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXR8_Ute
How many?
Im guessing a few now
Old 20-05-2012, 01:08 AM   #13
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I get annoyed with the amount of ads in the F1, its not like ballchasing where they wait for the light to go out before the bloke bounces the ball so the fans don't miss anything, seriously just give us an ad-free race, two hours without a couple of ads surely wouldn't kill your revenue channel OneHD.
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2012, 08:23 AM   #14
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Iam not trying to create a storm here but most of you have no idea about business and advertising.
TV is for 1 thing to make money to be profitable. Therefore the channels choose the programs they know that are popular and therefore they can sell advertising space to.
The more advertising they can sell the better programs they can bid for and then get more viewers and then sell more advertising.

seriously just give us an ad-free race, two hours without a couple of ads surely wouldn't kill your revenue channel OneHD.
Why dont you get off your fanny and do some homework. Find out how much CH7 is paying for the TV rights to broadcast this so you can watch it. Do you think the V8 powers that be are also going to sell it to the cheapest sponser.
Sorry but thats life. I own 2 businesses and Iam always watching my advertising $$ where can I get the best coverage for my product.

If your still got the ***** in your pants there is the Communication ombudsman where you can complain to about the amount of advertising but I dont think the channels are restricted I beleive its open market. This you could do but you wont cause its too hard... yourd rather sit and ***** ...typical aussie.
Old 20-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #15
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz
Iam not trying to create a storm here but most of you have no idea about business and advertising.
TV is for 1 thing to make money to be profitable. Therefore the channels choose the programs they know that are popular and therefore they can sell advertising space to.
The more advertising they can sell the better programs they can bid for and then get more viewers and then sell more advertising.

seriously just give us an ad-free race, two hours without a couple of ads surely wouldn't kill your revenue channel OneHD.
Why dont you get off your fanny and do some homework. Find out how much CH7 is paying for the TV rights to broadcast this so you can watch it. Do you think the V8 powers that be are also going to sell it to the cheapest sponser.
Sorry but thats life. I own 2 businesses and Iam always watching my advertising $$ where can I get the best coverage for my product.

If your still got the ***** in your pants there is the Communication ombudsman where you can complain to about the amount of advertising but I dont think the channels are restricted I beleive its open market. This you could do but you wont cause its too hard... yourd rather sit and ***** ...typical aussie.
Uncalled for....

Last edited by Bunyip04; 20-05-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old 20-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #16
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Guess what, WE'RE NOT IN OTHER COUNTIRES, we're in Australia.

All i was getting at was that, SURELY ads can wait till AT LEAST a safety car,
because there's always plenty, or even no ads at all during a 35
lap race (if there's no safety car). Who here actually wants to buy anything
they see on ads while watching the v8's anyway, if anything it's going to discourage ppl, because clearly it's more frustrating to everyone thats interested anyway!!!

Old 20-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #17
Rapid05xr6
Formerly wheelyking4x4x4

Quote:

That may be true, but i can remember when it was on 10, a v8 event was an all day thing, it would start at 6 and wouldn't finish til like 5 in the afternoon, on 7 they usually put a football game on in between races, fill the races with ads to pay for the coverage and just in general do a poor job of it, sell it back to 10, at least they tried to give the viewers something to enjoy!
Rapid05xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #18
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

I was more ****ed at how much tv coverage the two vodafone cars had when the v8's were on!!!!!!!

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #19
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Makes no difference if you pay for TV either
Old 20-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #20
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY
How do you reckon the companies that sponsor the teams are feeling. Millions of dollars to have their name splashed across every surface of the cars and then channel 7 fills the races with ads. They're the ones that are really hard done by
i think you'll find most of the ads are actually for those companies, thus the sponsorship idea.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #21
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:

First of all I'm a bloke, so I don't have a "fanny" I have a "willy" and I don't know why the hell you bothered to bring that into it anyway.

Second, you quote me and then go on to say about V8 Supercars again, when I was talking about F1s.

Third, I really don't think your post was wholly appropriate for this forum. Learn to be nice then come back and play.
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #22
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Quote:
yourd rather sit and ***** ...typical aussie.
????? So you mustn't be then!!!! Don't understand what your trying to say here
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #23
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Advertising is part of FTA TV. Dont like it don't watch it. Chanells are restricted as to how many adds they are allowed to show per hour. There is NO guarantee there will be a safety car during any hour or any part of the race/s for that matter. If you want to cut out Crompton and Skaife then where do we find out FREE about the series/drivers/interviews/info? Should they just show from the red lights going out to the chequered flag without any commentary? That would cut costs and hense less adds. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIINN NNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.
I remember when PayTV was first introduced, it's a lot different now and guess what more adds. You are paying for less adds.
For Blownv8au can you record the race and watch it immediately after and FF through the adds?
Personally I gave PAYTV away, soooooooooo many channels and nothing to watch.
Old 20-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #24
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyip04

All i was getting at was that, SURELY ads can wait till AT LEAST a safety car,
because there's always plenty, or even no ads at all during a 35
lap race (if there's no safety car).
Nope, advertisers pay money to be showen during the race...if there is no add's there will be no free to air V8SC...they can't gamble on having a SC, as if there is none, then you'lll have angery advertising managers....

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 20-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #25
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Makes no difference if you pay for TV either

Thats why i find AUSTAR etc a rip off lol...

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 20-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #26
4stanger