Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-01-2008, 08:04 PM   #1
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 
Default The art of selling

It was time for the XR6T to go so I paid a visit to a few dealerships. Now I'm quite a lazy shopper and a bit impulsive (always a bad sign). So being somewhat brand loyal I wandered into the local Ford dealership with the car to see what deal we could do.

The Ford salesman was nice and all, took me for a few test drives. When it came time to look at figures it seemed to fall apart. The price offered for a fully optioned 3yo turbo was ordinary. When I expressed my surprise at the figure I got a shrug and he said he'd call me with a better price. He never called... times must be good for Ford.

A week later I wandered into a Mazda dealership just to kick some tyres. Told the salesman as much. After being sort of brushed of by the Ford dealer I was at a loss as to what I was going to buy. The salesman there was happy to take me for a drive in what ever I was interested in. No pressure.

The amazing thing about this was there was zero pressure applied by the salesman. None of the sort of stuff you might associate with buying a new car. He just seemed to have a belief that I was going to buy a car from him. Knew the product, answered any question. Was inclusive of my significant other when talking about the cars.

We sat down and talked about the trade in. What I was looking at. And then we both arrived at a figure. No pressure.

Anyway after walking in just to have a look, I walked out with a Mazda 6 MPS with the leather pack. I didn't get a spectacular deal, but it was such a zero hassle deal that I left happy.

Comparing this to an experience some six months ago when I was with my mother. The salesman then was awful. The clumsy execution of sales techniques got warning bells ringing straight away.

Anyone else come across a sales man so low key and confident that they just sell without the agro?

Old 28-01-2008, 08:06 AM   #2
CADSKY
'01 AU11 XR8 UTE

cant say im serprised
there is alot of threads on here about ford salesmen that couldnt give a rats about weather they make a sale or not

CURRENT
'01 AU2 XR8 UTE - 5 SPEED MANUAL.
MUCH WORK TO DO.

PREVIOUS
'07 BF MK11 XR6 - 6 SPEED AUTO
'95 EF XR6 - 5 SPEED MANUAL

See my car HERE
CADSKY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2008, 08:39 AM   #3
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have met 2 good salesman in Townsville 1 good in Brisbane and excellent one in Brisbane who we brought a car off. The rest I would rather swim in a septic tank than ever talk to them again.
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2008, 10:05 AM   #4
prydey
Rob

a lot of salespeople, not just in the car industry, don't seem to realise that the way they treat you directly affects whether you open your wallet or not.

i was looking at bbq's recently and after looking in one shop i noticed that next door there was a furniture shop. went in for a browse and nearly ended up buying a lounge suite i don't even need. some people are just good at what they do.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post