Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-04-2006, 12:33 AM   #1
2kool4u

Location: I live in my own little world, but it's alright, the people know me here
Default fastest Aussie performance car??

I heard recently the Typhoon has pulled off a 12.9 from the factory, and people have been saying that its the fastest australian production car ever. But a guy on the street commodores forum ran a 12.9 in his VX GTS from the factory.

are there any vids or timeslips for the typhoon's 12.9??

Old 11-04-2006, 12:36 AM   #2
Steffo
LPG > You

Neither are the fastest Aussie performance car anyway.

Look up the Elfin Clubman MS8 - fastest Australian production car.

It's a small car, similer to a Lotus Seven, with a 5.7litre 245kW 465Nm GenIII LS1 V8.

Try 0-100km/h in under 4 sec (I've heard 3.5), down the 1/4 in mid 11's (I've heard 11.4), and if you've got some large grapefruits... 300km/h top speed.

LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 01:25 AM   #3
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Friday night the BF F6 12.94@108 mph was seen by many at the LS1 Nats Heathcote Park, I will see if I can track down the owner get him to email me the Timeslip.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 01:40 AM   #4
2kool4u

Location: I live in my own little world, but it's alright, the people know me here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Friday night the BF F6 12.94@108 mph was seen by many at the LS1 Nats Heathcote Park, I will see if I can track down the owner get him to email me the Timeslip.

The Phoon doesn't really need any proof come to think of it, it done the 12.9 infront of hundreds of people didn't it?

and Steffo, your right, your bloody right : the fastest aussie production car and it's not even a holden or ford : RIPPED OFF!!
Old 11-04-2006, 06:33 AM   #5
Sylox
Uterus M.I.A.

Be interested if the vx gts did that time on slicks, and if so wondering what this freak F6 would get running them as well.

Sylox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 06:52 AM   #6
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Actually, don't Holden make the Elfins? Thus a Holden would be the fastest Aussie production car?

Yes - they do - http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/...?modelid=20008

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 06:55 AM   #7
The Monty
Just slidin'

Yes Holden make Elfins, and they are an awesome little car.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:01 AM   #8
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Or the EFIJY

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/...?modelid=20001

480Kw of supercharged V8 power - never going to be put in production

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 07:14 AM   #9
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

should have specified, fasted Aussie 4 door sedan
Old 11-04-2006, 09:15 AM   #10
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Elfin make Elfins – the powertrain is by GM. http://www.elfin.com.au/flash/index.aspx Interestingly they have almost got the LS1 (5.7 litre) to meet Euro 3.

I’ve had a test drive of a Streamliner and it felt very, very quick.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 01:04 PM   #11
2kool4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylox
Be interested if the vx gts did that time on slicks, and if so wondering what this freak F6 would get running them as well.

It was on street tyres, as I said, dead stock, exactly how it came from the factory.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:09 PM   #12
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Got in Contact with the owner, time was backed up, 3 in a row, wasnt a one hit wonder.

Old 11-04-2006, 02:11 PM   #13
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Wow, that is QUICK!
Old 11-04-2006, 02:14 PM   #14
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

did he do that in a stock F6?? nothign touched? wot about tyres, thats impressive!
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 02:15 PM   #15
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Stock tyres, no edit, no weight reduction? If so

HAIL!!!!
Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 02:18 PM   #16
starkersEB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Neither are the fastest Aussie performance car anyway.

Look up the Elfin Clubman MS8 - fastest Australian production car.

It's a small car, similer to a Lotus Seven, with a 5.7litre 245kW 465Nm GenIII LS1 V8.

Try 0-100km/h in under 4 sec (I've heard 3.5), down the 1/4 in mid 11's (I've heard 11.4), and if you've got some large grapefruits... 300km/h top speed.

But are they a true production car ie: build the right ammount etc.. Not trying to be a smart a%$e am genuinly curious.
starkersEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 02:30 PM   #17
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Got to start somewhere. There seemed to be about 20 in there when I was there – a few 4 cylinders and a lot of the V8 models. Depend what you call “production”. Do you want to say more than 100. Mass production? Was a Phase 4 GTHO a production car? The 200 special build LJ XU1 “Bathursts”?
Gichotollo (Choocklotto), Bolwell Ikara?

Some of the most revered “production” cars were produced in very low numbers (Boss 429 Mustang, 427 S/C Cobra, etc).
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 04:46 PM   #18
SpoolMan

Tyres are Toyo proxes, air filter was a BMC, he uses a technique allows the car to stall the car higher, puts the car in 2nd gear stalls to 2300rpm then switches back to 1st for tack off, as you cant stall the car this high in 1st gear. 6 speed auto is A1+, its worth a good 2/10th's.
These car has been knocking on the door of a 12 for a few weeks, the cool conditions of Heathcote allowed it happen.
Few weeks ago at Calder he went 13.09, 13.00, 13.04, 13.00. on dunlop sp9000's.
Guy's check out the drag racing Forum, many quick times and updates almost every week on members cars.

Old 11-04-2006, 04:47 PM   #19
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Factory 'poon runs a 12.9, hey? Break out the champagne - it only took 30 years and 8psi to beat the E49 Charger!

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 04:50 PM   #20
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
Factory 'poon runs a 12.9, hey? Break out the champagne - it only took 25 years and 8psi to beat the E49 Charger!
E49 Charger testing on the quarter mile was anything from 14.1 to 14.7 depends on you times you want to quote.

Old 11-04-2006, 04:53 PM   #21
2kool4u

So it had an aftermarket air filter and different tyres?? I know it doesn't make much difference but they are still modifications aren't they?
Old 11-04-2006, 04:53 PM   #22
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Anyone know how fast those bullet cars built at Yatala in QLD. Essentially they are a lightweight MX5 with a Lexus V8.

*only 2 door though

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 04:54 PM   #23
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
E49 Charger testing on the quarter mile was anything from 14.1 to 14.7 depends on you times you want to quote.
Smashed by the 1/4 mile anoraks! An internet search just revealed 14.1.

My understanding was that a factory E49 ran a 13.9 at some muscle-car shootout for a well-known magazine. I believe it was the one sbutler was involved in a while back.

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 04:58 PM   #24
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev28K
Got to start somewhere. There seemed to be about 20 in there when I was there – a few 4 cylinders and a lot of the V8 models. Depend what you call “production”. Do you want to say more than 100. Mass production? Was a Phase 4 GTHO a production car? The 200 special build LJ XU1 “Bathursts”?
Gichotollo (Choocklotto), Bolwell Ikara?

Some of the most revered “production” cars were produced in very low numbers (Boss 429 Mustang, 427 S/C Cobra, etc).
i thought production cars were built on a production line.Henry Ford wasn't the first person to build a car but the first to have production built cars.
Anything "built to order" shouldn't be classed as production.
IMHO i think using another manufacturers driveline doesn't quallify for production built either
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 05:00 PM   #25
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
Smashed by the 1/4 mile anoraks! An internet search just revealed 14.1.

My understanding was that a factory E49 ran a 13.9 at some muscle-car shootout for a well-known magazine. I believe it was the one sbutler was involved in a while back.
Yep they broke into the 13s
http://www.fastlane.com.au/Features/Charger_NZ_USA.htm

The Reality: 13.1 @ 106mph.... The Goal: somehow get into the 12s!!! :sm_headba

www.qldsuperkart.org
vino3o2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 05:04 PM   #26
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kool4u
So it had an aftermarket air filter and different tyres?? I know it doesn't make much difference but they are still modifications aren't they?
wouldn't be fussed call it what you will, its not our problem....dont think the owner will sleep over it.
how many people take the air filter out at the track, many many do.
Least he is honest enough to list what he has done.
His $150 air filter is a cheap 12 sec pass..
Hope no one changes there oil to a full synthetic as this a power adding mod also?
try Fuchs oil 0w/20 its worth 6% a genuine 5 rwkw.
All this its all been talked about in other threads.

Old 11-04-2006, 05:18 PM   #27
2kool4u

settle pettle. just pointing out thats not how it came from the factory is it?
Old 11-04-2006, 06:56 PM   #28
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

Very good to hear.

Now if only a motoring magazine could run something similar..
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 07:55 PM   #29
Rollin
Banned

12.9? blimey charlie thats quick.

finally ford has an auto thats worth buying! it would be a very very tough choice for me if i were ever in the position to buy an F6 - manual or auto...
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 08:02 PM   #30
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kool4u
The Phoon doesn't really need any proof come to think of it, it done the 12.9 infront of hundreds of people didn't it?

and Steffo, your right, your bloody right : the fastest aussie production car and it's not even a holden or ford : RIPPED OFF!!
no but its powered by a holden motor *cough* i mean chev

when will someone stick a phoon donk in 1 hmmmm do it
phat_stak_tipa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post