Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-01-2008, 06:54 PM   #1
5L
[ 5L ]

Default what size speakers are in the AU

are the speakers in the au's 5x7?

i have got the rest of my sound system organised just need replacment speakers now.

does anyone know if the 3 way components will fit into an au door with some custom spacers made. eg 6"bass 4"mid and a tweeter in the a piller?

what are some of the speakers people have replaced theres with, front and rear and what was required to install.

[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2008, 07:00 PM   #2
zhodak
Shakern, not stirred

Factory speakers are 5"x7". Components will fit with spacers.
You get the Rochford fosaget 5"x7" coponent whis is straight bolt on an dthe tweeter can be seperated as they come with a crossover. I currently have MB Quarts 6.5" splits in my doors. (with spacers) and Eclipse 5"x7" in the parcel shelf, 10" sub in the boot and 2 pioneer amps bolted to the back of the seat
New toy, 2005 TX RWD Territory, Black, optioned with Ex JC Cross 5 19's soon to be matt black alloys in 19x8.5, cruise and tinted glass, tricky pedals, JVC Head Unit in the what use to be tissue holder, reversre camera, Ford window shades, JC sourced cargo blind, MOMO wheel (in black of course). MB Quartz 2 ways in rear doors and Precision Response 6" Kevlar splits in front doors, LED DRL's, fog lights with angel eyes and Castle Headers, Hurricane cat and XR8 Hotdog
zhodak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2008, 07:16 PM   #3
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

aa good fun the ol au speakers..
just did this last 2 weekends in a row(1 pair in mine 1 pair in debs)

the spacers can be approx a maximum of 6mm
unless you cut away at the grill surround where it clips onto the door card it self

we used plywood as we had it sitting under the house
but mdf would be fine

you would be pushing it to fit a 4" in there as well
but if you were handy with fibreglass you could make a custom door trim fill panel that fits where the speaker grill is (it is removed by 1 screw and some clips)

then you could give the 4" some space to move

we installed 6.5" splits and there wasnt much room left over in the cutout

they are positioned rather forward and down the bottom of the grill that you see inside the car

good luck
Old 16-01-2008, 07:20 PM   #4
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you need to drill a rivet out of the A pillar to remove the stock tweeter

and you need to run new wires OR find them in the looms (the joins were just infront of the driver seat/kick panel area, along the door sill loom)
and the passenger side was in behind the ECU or further around where the sill panel is (the loom runs back level with the back of the handbrake then accross the car and
down the other side to the driver kick panel/fuse box

as the tweeter and woofer are run off a single pair of wires from the headunit and have a small resistor attached to the tweeter to cut the freq

good luck