Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-08-2015, 09:59 PM   #1
Ford Falcon XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Au III Xr6 shocks

Hi everyone

At 200,000k's the factory shocks on my Au xr6 are finally cactus looking for a new set I was going to go with genuine ones as I like to keep this car as original as possible but they are NLA from ford

My question is what are my options I've been looking at bilstiens and konis which is best ? Will a cheaper brand like KYB perform as good as the originals ?
Or does anyone know someone with some NOS genuine ones ?
It's live axle rear by the way

Cheers Lorenz
Ford Falcon XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2015, 03:38 PM   #2
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Au III Xr6 shocks

G`day Lorenz
i have adjustable konis on mine, reds on the front , yellows on the back, (what i could get at the time ), fairly expensive items , but they do a nice job , and a bit of mucking around to fit the back ones, from memory the shocker shaft size is a little bigger ?
but thats another story.
i do feel the really nasty pot holes a bit more in the front, but general ride is not bad, maybe even improved in some situations, valving is very good, handling is bloody good,
that being said the oldies with sore bones riding in your limo might notice the difference over the rough roads.

i think AU XR`s might have slightly harder spring rates than the grandpa spec au , at least that seems to be the case, mine has always seemed a little firmer in the suspension than my mates au fairmont even before shocks and wheel change.
probably any decent shocks will be an improvement over the old units, me personally i would go a tiny bit more firmer than standard ..... but not too much.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-08-2015, 06:16 PM   #3
mcfly94
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Au III Xr6 shocks

I have kyb excel g front and monroe reflex with pedders sports ryder low springs, ride is some what similar in comfort to factory LTD yet alot better handling, less roll and for about $130 a shock and $250 for the set of springs you cant really complain!
mcfly94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: