Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-08-2015, 09:40 AM   #1
nzlowie

Default Rego transfer to Perth

Hi all

I'm looking to bring a late model Falcon ute from Queensland to Perth, it's registered now but I'll have to re register it over here. It's a standard 2008 FG F6 ute, stock standard. Will there be any issues come transfer time and registration time here in Perth??

Cheers
nzlowie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2015, 11:37 AM   #2
Dash6

Default Re: Rego transfer to Perth

It should be fine if it has been maintained in roadworthy condition. Having said that, the GTP I bought and had sent over from VIC had been lowered, exhaust changed (rear mufflers replaced with straight pipes), diff bushes ripped, CV boot ripped and handbrake only held on the drivers side and it still passed.
The only thing I've had to do when bringing cars over from interstate is making sure you have a permit to move (if the ute isn't in your name in QLD), without the permit, the inspection centre wont drive the ute and wont pass it. The permit to move can be purchased online http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/licen...ent-permit.asp
If the ute is already registered in your name then you wont need the permit. Hope this helps.
Cheers
Manual #207.
2011 SZ Titanium TDCI

SOLD - 2006 BF 1 GT-P in Mercury Silver
Manual
Dash6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2015, 08:24 PM   #3
STINKY NINJA
Banned

I purchased a car in perth that was registered in vic,i told the guy id buy it if he transferred it to wa rego,he said he just had to pay 3 months license and pay for new plates,that simple.
There was an inspection,the car wouldn't have passed in a fit...
I think if you bought car and it was purchased in wa with out of state plates and registered in your name with those out of state plates then it goes over the pits to get wa plates.
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-08-2015, 08:37 PM   #4
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep if you buy reg out of state you have to either reg it there in your own name (most states means you need to show you live there with an address so to say) or get them to transfer prier to sale or its over the pits again

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2015, 08:50 PM   #5
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzlowie View Post
Hi all

I'm looking to bring a late model Falcon ute from Queensland to Perth, it's registered now but I'll have to re register it over here. It's a standard 2008 FG F6 ute, stock standard. Will there be any issues come transfer time and registration time here in Perth??

Cheers
I have just done the same with my TTG (it came from Adelaide.)
It needs to be inspected in WA, and you have to pay the stamp duty. It wasn't much even on a $24k car. I can't imagine there would be much wrong with a 2008 model. At least now it doesn't have to go to an actual DoT station, there are numerous licensed workshops around. If you happened to be in the Northern Suburbs I can recommend one in Greenwood.

The main thing is to have all your documentation in order. Proof of sale, AND proof of payment. And of course make sure the car is REVS clear.
Old 24-08-2015, 08:58 PM   #6
STINKY NINJA
Banned

I misread the first post,my mistake,you will need an inspection if you are buying it from interstate,i misread and thought you already owned it.
Sorry
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post