Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 08-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #1
cuzec
Starter Motor

Default Ford Parts

Hello, I'm after a Focus rear bearing hub. Apperently mines about to go on my 06 Focus LS Zetec. Ford dealership/service is charging way too much, also because the bearing can not be repacked and the hub is sealed and can not be opened, so meaning I have to get the whole genuine hub replaced

Any ideas on where I can get parts for good prices online or by visiting an outlet around Melbourne, or generally around Australia?

cuzec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #2
casabonka
You can call me Chris

Have you tried any wreckers nearby?
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2010, 12:43 PM   #3
cuzec
Starter Motor

Thanks casa I will ring around. I'll be looking for a near new one though.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #4
shepv8
V8's for ever

Hi mate,
we went through a similar problem on my wifes 99 model toyota corrolla a few years back. Noisy rear wheel bearing, which, to cut a long story short actually ended up being an out of round left rear tyre. Apparently it is very common in front wheel drive cars especially if driven frequently with only 1 person in the car. I have had this same problem on our 06 focus. You swear its a wheel bearing noise but change the rear tyres and the car is quiet as a mouse.
On the corrolla , it also had sealed non servicable rear hubs which were hundreds of dollars each. We got them open and replaced the bearings but it was a lot of mucking about, and reused them but I would opt for complete new replacements ( if it is your bearings that are the problem ).
I think there are companies that make aftermarket hubs for half the price of factory ones but Im not sure of who it is that makes/sells them.
hope this helps
shepv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #5
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try Repco or Bursons as they stock chinese made front wheel assemblies I had cause to obtain one from the falcon a year or so back at a reasonable price.
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2010, 10:45 AM   #6
cuzec
Starter Motor

It's actually not so noisy yet when I'm driving. It was only pointed out by the ford mechanic when I had it checked up for brakes. He showed me, and when you spin the rotor/hub, there was a soft clicking noise. Now I don't know how long this will be drivable, but I do want to be prepared and know if there are any affordable alternatives. If this goes, it could lock up the whole thing while I'm driving. Also Im not sure if this is normal for a focus that's done around 48000ks.