Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-05-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
QIK006

Default SE QLD - Place to Race

http://www.placetorace.com.au/
http://www.facebook.com/placetorace

Just trying to get a bit of publicity for these guys.

Over the last few weeks, I have noticed that there are more and more idiots on the road wanting to race, I have had a few Challenges at the lights in front of the local high school (not school kids playing silly buggers either) & once out the front of a special Ed primary school, and even more moronically, once out the front of the local cop shop, as well as the usual guys playing shenanigans at the lights & round'a'bouts.

With the closest racing precinct (of any kind Drag, Circuit, Bike, gokarts) being at Willowbank, Ipswhich. Which is 2 hours away, or Lakeside, 3 hrs away. I agree with these guys that a racing precinct on the Gold coast would be a great idea. It would give a place for the Hoons (responsible ones included) a place to hang out and have some fun.

Please put your support behind these guys, and hopefully some good will come from it

The only issue with our new FG XR6T is that no one has told me how to prevent the stains on my shorts that happen ever time i mash the accelerator pedal : and now the lil dint in the rear bumber http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...30#post4142130

My speed limiter is set to 120 - anything over that and she punches me in the arm.
QIK006 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #2
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Default Re: SE QLD - Place to Race

Done mate
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #3
84xespac
Wearing an armadillo hat

Default Re: SE QLD - Place to Race

Done. I have such fond memories of the old Drag Strip down the coast was at every meet when I was a younger fella. Its such a shame it got done away with.
84xespac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post