Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-05-2006, 05:56 PM   #1
janek
Ripping it up

Default Cam options for AU VCT?

Im starting to chase camshaft options my fairmont ghia (au2 vct).

i will be getting an edit later down the track, but i figure the edit will get me more gains if i get a cam before i get the edit. Question is, who does good, reliable cams for the VCT engine? ideally, id like one that i pull my old one out, put it on a shelf somewhere, pop in the new one, and off i go. i really want to see my car scream. Enough of this! lol

(ive gotten used to 300km to a tank anyway thanks to a dead MAP sensor, so a heavy cam and power would be a nice change)

janek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 05:59 PM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

check caspers threads in the forum, you will learn what you ask.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 06:28 PM   #3
janek
Ripping it up

Ive been pretty up to date with caspers work, and so far he is steering clear of cracking the engine open. Basically i just need to know who makes them where, so i can call them, order it, have it mailed out to me, and put the sucker in and pray
Old 25-05-2006, 07:25 PM   #4
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

give G+D our site sponsor a call they have been working on a few ideas with their own billet cams for the AU + you get the 5% club discount :thebirds:
Cheers ..Whoosha

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 09:26 PM   #5
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Seriously whats the diff it's an intech OHC six same as all the rest.

For real power disable the vct and drop a dev5 or a wade 1521a and a unichip or edit and you will see 160rwkw with decent exhaust etc.

the VCT only advances up the cam from 1800-3800. As it does both ex and inlet its only a powerband broadening trick not a really good way of getting more power whatever other mods you make.

Don't bother with 1004 and 1636 or other milder cams though you could go backwards in average power with those.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 09:30 PM   #6
janek
Ripping it up

its not so much a thing of me making massive power, i just want to use the VCT functionality i have which makes my engine a tickford special

and realistically, 1800-3800 is where im going to be using the power most up anyway- same reason i have the jmm headers, im after usable power and torque, not peak power
Old 25-05-2006, 09:57 PM   #7
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

mate its as good as it get then no VCTcam has been able to do better in the mid range
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post