Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-11-2005, 05:14 PM   #1
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Default ACT roads

i went up to have a look at the ACT FPV and XR club display day (marque in the park) and the roads up there are awesome to drive on its like as soon as u enter the ACT they change hardly any potholes etc also the ACT is just so much better everything is clean and in good order. Here in NSW our roads are s#!t house ask anyone that lives here potholes everywhere all in all the ACT craps all over NSW in road quality and dare i say it living quality/standards it oh and its very easy to get around

Old 23-11-2005, 05:18 PM   #2
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bet their roads budget per km is 10 times that of other states. When you bring dignitaries from other countries you want them to see the best. Doesn't seem fair though.
Old 23-11-2005, 07:22 PM   #3
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
Bet their roads budget per km is 10 times that of other states. When you bring dignitaries from other countries you want them to see the best. Doesn't seem fair though.
Hahahahahahahaha

Given the SIZE of the ACT it is a lot easier to manage the roads.

What doesn't seem fair??? Dignitaries from other countries come to see the "best" roads??? What the????

I don't know if you noticed, but dignitaries also visit other states and territories as well, not just canberra.
Old 23-11-2005, 07:32 PM   #4
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Good roads or not, it's still just one big round about.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 08:00 PM   #5
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Believe me mate there is some pretty shocking streets around here but as a whole the roads are much better.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 09:27 PM   #6
Electric
F6 and AU Fairmont

The roads in other states must be pretty cr@ppy then, because ever since the ACT went to self govt the roads have gone to hell.

The Monaro highway, (coming from the snowfields) as soon as you cross the border and leave NSW the road is just thousands of potholes holding hands : and the ACT govts solution is to drop the speed limit from 100 to 80. :yeees:

The road about 10ks north of that was in similar condition a few years ago with the same new lower speed limit trick.

They put a a huge sign saying they were going to spend XX million bucks fixing it in sept 1998. I drove past it each week for months before that, and thought this road should be fixed by now. As I passed the sign on the way to work it said fixing in sept 1999???

So the next day I stopped to have a look, and you could see an outline in the faded paint on the sign.......sure enough the only work the pricks had done on the road in 2 years was to send a guy out to peel the 8 off the sign and replace it with a 9. :
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 09:57 PM   #7
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I lived in canberaa for nine months and the roads there (including the bad one's) sh1t on the roads down here in tassie, northern end of the state isn't too bad but east and west coast and some of the southern roads are shocking - quite literaly!

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
GTENVY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 10:03 PM   #8
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

ACT has a population of around 300,000, so don't think the roads budget is huge - it's not. Potholes holding hands is a good description of some our our roads, but overall the standard is pretty good. It's the idiots using the roads that are the problem.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2005, 10:09 AM   #9
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ACT has the distinct advantage of being much younger and much smaller and public servants heaven. If you dont think the roads around there are good by comparison to other states then you haven't driven in many other states. And what I said stands the roads budget per km and per capita would put most states budgets to shame. There are some bad roads but the majority are of much better quality than the norm.