Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-05-2006, 06:27 PM   #1
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 
Default Manual conversion power gain from auto?

Has anyone done this conversion .Even in e series? What power gain did you realistically get? I have been told 10rwks on a six?

Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2006, 06:35 PM   #2
BlackLS

On your car you'd probably get 5-10 more kw to the wheels due to less driveline loss. But what makes it so much quicker is you have an 1000% better 1st gear ratio = better acceleration and better fuel consumption. Also using a clutch you can also better control your launch

Depending on the driver I recon you could knock off at least .4 seconds from your 1/4.

If the cars turbo or can run a mid 13s or better there becomes less difference between the 2.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2006, 06:38 PM   #3
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't know exactly.

But power is definately increased, at least 5-10rwkw.

Not only power is increased, but speeds & launches are easily 0.3-0.5 secs faster.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:10 PM   #4
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS

Depending on the driver I recon you could knock off at least .4 seconds from your 1/4.
I went from 16.39 @ 87mph

down to 15.75 @ 89 mph

thats in my AU, with terrible tyres (rode the clutch to a 2.45 60 ft) with the 3.08 s/s

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2006, 10:18 PM   #5
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Thats .64 of a second ..wow!! How much power increase though?
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2006, 10:41 PM   #6
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

There wont be any power gain at all just less losses in the transmission of the power to the back wheels which might mean up to 5rwk more on a dyno.

The big difference is you have 4 effective gears to use over the qtr not two and a bit.

This keeps the average power at the back wheels higher.

Simple maths average power divided by three gears or four gears.

Yes its worth a good 0.5 sec on the qtr
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post