Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 31-08-2006, 04:08 AM   #1
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default Drag Racing 'super Team' Looking For Sydney Success

One of the worlds largest Drag Racing teams, the Queensland based Brett Stevens Racing, is arriving in Sydney this week for the launch of the 2006/2007 Australian Drag Racing Championship on September 1-2.

The East Coast Nationals at the Western Sydney International Dragway is set to host the season opener in spectacular fashion with a record number of entries and a crowd of approximately 30,000 spectators expected through the
gates.

With Brett 'The Boss' Stevens bringing his amazing entourage of seven professional Group One vehicles to Sydney he will definitely have his hands full, but is adamant he will not be there just to make up the numbers.

Out of the Brett Stevens Racing pits at the East Coast Nationals there will be two Jack Daniel's Racing Top Doorslammers (Brett Stevens and Kath Stevens), two Jack Daniel's Racing Top Bikes (Brett Stevens and Troy McLean), the Kitten Car Care Products Funny Car (Brett Stevens), the Glenfords Racing Top Doorslammer (Steve Packman) and the S&S powered Pro
Stock Buell (Dion Prowse).

"Things just keep getting bigger and better so we just have to keep digging
deeper to make sure we succeed," Stevens said.

"During the off season we have been doing a bit of testing, especially with the new Top Doorslammers and S&S powered Pro Stock Buell, and we are still
learning something on every pass."

"We have changed quite a few things on the Jack Daniel's and Glenfords Falcon Doorslammers since first taking them out in June and have found a lot
more horsepower and torque to play with."

"We have also now ordered some new parts that I think will help give us an
edge this year and keep us at the top end of the bracket."

"Kath and Packy (Steve Packman) are growing in confidence with every run they make and it won't be long before you see both of them towards the
pointy end of the fields as well."

Dion Prowse, the new rider of Brett Stevens' S&S powered Pro Stock Buell, finalised his licensing and testing procedures for the upcoming Australian Pro Stock Bike Championship last week in Queensland and is also set for his
debut at the East Coast Nationals.

Under the guidance of S&S Cycles Senior Manager of Racing Charlie Hadayia from the USA, Prowse and the Team lived up to all expectations in their pre season preparations when they were able to lay down times of 7.27 and 7.25 seconds on their final two passes, both of which are under the current
Australian Pro Stock Bike record.

"It was a fantastic result for the Team after three hard days of testing at
Willowbank Raceway," Stevens said.

"After the success of the launch S&S Powered Buell at the Bikefest in Sydney in April with Pete Cochrane in the rider's seat, it was great to be able to get Dion (Prowse) doing some laps, getting his confidence up and work on his
riding skills."

"Hopefully we can reproduce these times now consistently under the pressures
of competition."

EAST COAST NATIONALS DETAILS

Western Sydney International Dragway
Ferrers Rd
Eastern Creek NSW

Schedule

Friday 1st September Qualifying: 8:30am - 10:30pm (Including all Group One brackets) Saturday 2nd September Eliminations: 8:30am - 9:30pm (Including all Group One brackets)

Ticketing

Friday 1st September

Adults: $35

Ladies: FREE

Pensioners & 12-16 year olds: $25

Kids under 12: FREE

Saturday 2nd September

Adults: $40

Pensioners & 12-16 year olds: $30

2 Day Pass (Friday 1st & Saturday 2nd September)

Adults: $70

Pensioners & 12-16 year olds: $50

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 198E.jpg (30.0 KB, 42 views)

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2006, 01:48 PM   #2
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Brett Stevens has been disqualified from the event and will not be taking part in any racing at WSID this weekend.
All will be revealed in due course.
New ride....07' RSpec manual Typhoon in Winter White....factory sunroof, Premium sound, Process West intercooler, upsized tubing, valve springs, 1000cc injectors, Delphi intank pump,*modified turbo, 4" dump, 5" cat, dual 2 1/2" Xforce exhaust, Mal Wood Opt 5 clutch, Herrod shifter, Ozrace coilovers with adj. Whiteline bars, 6 spot Brembos,
Edit by Crescent Motorsport.....382rwkws @ 1150nms on E85....
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2006, 11:20 PM   #3
AFPGS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBAXR8
Brett Stevens has been disqualified from the event and will not be taking part in any racing at WSID this weekend.
All will be revealed in due course.
Not good ,unfortanately some people got hurt in the process.Hope those involved recover.
AFPGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2006, 10:06 AM   #4
302donk

what did happen to mr stevens no one can tell me??
www.myspace.com/2v_clevo_donk
302donk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2006, 06:41 PM   #5
strife

statement on bsr website
strife is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2006, 07:11 PM   #6
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

http://www.brettstevensracing.com/n06september3.html

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2006, 07:32 PM   #7
Dannopower
The Mandarin Monster

must have been a punch up or something???

288rwkw of EDIT POWER
Go You Good Thing!!
Click here for the FPV and XR Club ACT Website
Dannopower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2006, 07:45 PM   #8
AFPGS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannopower
must have been a punch up or something???
Allegedly it was over a truck getting washed at the wrong place. :Something as stupid as that ended up with people in hospital.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:37 AM   #9
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Results:
(Sydney, NSW) It ‘aint over til it’s over. That was the undeniable theme from the conclusion of the ACDelco East Coast Nationals in front of a big and vocal crowd at the ANDRA Australian and Rocket Allstars national series opener.

Skips Fire Service Top Fuel Summary
Top Qualifier: Phil Read – 4.886 @ 219.15 miles per hour (mph)
Winner: Phil Read – 4.616 @ 324.12mph
Runner Up: Terry Sainty

Phil Read was one of the few genuinely predictable winners during the ACDelco event. Promising qualifying performances were then translated into two stunning 4.6-second passes during eliminations, with the team setting new national records at both ends in the final, with an awe-inspiring 4.616 blast at over 324 miles per hour (522km/h).

“I know often the accolades go to the Driver when you win these events, however for me I have a terrific crew and of course my family are integral to this team. With that in mind and it being Father’s Day this weekend, I am proud to present this to my dad Jim,” exclaimed Phil at the award presentations emotionally, as he handed his precious Gold ANDRA Christmas Tree trophy to his father and Drag Racing icon Jim Read.

Despite a modest 5-car entry field in Top Fuel, strong passes down the length of the quarter mile were frequent and the Nitro warriors put on arguably the strongest display from within the bracket since the Perth Motorplex round of the Championship last season.

Cougar Bourbon Top Alcohol Summary
Top Qualifier: Damien Harris - 5.618 @ 257.68mph
Winner: Debbie Reed - 5.798 @ 239.10mph
Runner Up: Aaron Hambridge

After the resurgence of the Funny Cars last season, panic buttons were pressed by the Top Alcohol Dragster competitors heading into the new season. The 2006 ACDelco East Coast Nationals saw that the Dragsters can still contend and win events. Queensland’s Debbie Reed was a popular winner of the bracket, joining Rachelle Splatt as the only women to have ever won a Professional Drag Racing event in Australia.

“Finally the monkey is off my back and I will treasure this forever,” beamed Reed with her trademark hop, skip and effervescent jump as she collected her event winning Trophy and finished atop the 14 entries in the tough Top Alky troupe.

American Auto Parts Top Doorslammer Summary
Top Qualifier: John Zappia - 6.005 @ 238.43mph
Winner: John Zappia - 6.013 @ 242.28mph
Runner Up: Victor Bray

Lots of cars and lots of stars. John Zappia once again made the ACDelco event all his own and bested an awesome field of 19 Doorslammer entries.

“We overcame a few hurdles like last year to win this again. With that (6.) 005 run during qualifying, we hurt a cylinder pretty bad and spent most of the night fixing things. Fortunately we did a good job of that to take the win. With the sponsorship of Striker Crushing and Screening as well Rentco and my other supporters, we can keep this Championship chase going strong all the way through,” replied Zappia to enthusiastic cheers at his Trophy presentation.

With the WSID track notably loose in the middle portion of the track around 660 feet, Zappia showed all and sundry once again that he is the master of the lock-up clutch and getting down the track in scintillating style.

In fact, indicative data suggests had Zappia not hurt the motor in his final qualifying hit, yet another sub-6 second pass was almost assured.

Auto One Pro Stock Summary
Top Qualifier: Jon Andriopoulos - 7.186 @ 190.43mph
Winner: Shane Tucker - 8.201 @ 125.94mph
Runner Up: Jon Andriopoulos

Despite the quickest Pro Stock field in Australian history, this event was always Jon Andriopoulos’ to lose. Unfortunately for the K&N filters Mopar Dodge Top Qualifier, he struck mechanical woes in the burnout and subsequently breaking a lifter in his engine during his final match-up with young-gun Shane Tucker.

Regardless of all that however, Shane Tucker was lethal at the tree in the final, cutting a .003 light before rolling down the track for an easy win.

“I get to drive this car but its all about the team and my family with this. I have to say I love racing in Sydney and we always seem to contend here for event wins which is great,” exclaimed Tucker.

Harley Davidson & Buell of Blacktown Pro Stock Motorcycle Summary
Top Qualifier: Daniel Peatey - 7.155 @ 184.70mph.
Winner: Dion Prowse - 7.236 @ 178.14mph
Runner Up: Daniel Peatey

Reigning Australian Champ Daniel Peatey set a stunning run of sequences at the ACDelco East Coast Nationals, including an amazing 7.09 second pass during eliminations. However, by spotting Prowse a tenth of a second in reaction time advantage, he could not overhaul the impressive S&S Buell combo.

“I am totally new to this bike and I have to thank Brett Stevens Racing for the opportunity to ride this awesome machine. We will continue to step it up through the season as well,” said Prowse.

Coke Zero Top Bike Results Summary
Top Qualifier: Jay Upton - 6.292 @ 199.400mph
Winner: Jay Upton - 6.287 @ 219.83mph
Runner Up: Dennis Grant

Jay is playing with them again.

West Aussie Jay Upton dominated Top Bike again, where he was able to make regular 6.2 second passes seem effortless, defeating South Aussie battler Dennis Grant in the final.

“The bracket is growing and victories I am sure will not remain an easy task. There are new bikes on the scene now with even tougher ones to come into the field and I am excited by that. We dodged some bullets this weekend, broke vital components during qualifying and thankfully Terry Sainty opened his workshop to us to get a replacement made that did the job for us perfectly,” explained Upton.

More than 420 Drag Racing teams, awesome racing and awesome crowds throughout was the order of things at the 2006 ACDelco East Coast Nationals!

Old 04-09-2006, 10:28 PM   #10
strife

Old 04-09-2006, 11:11 PM   #11
rodderz

Brett Stevens is a top bloke and easy going, but no way would you consider being on his bad side! I'm sure this incident won't last long when he's out for his next race round
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 11:16 PM   #12
SpoolMan

I heard ANDRA are banning him for 12 months..
Jim read would not let him race after he did this, from all reports allegedly he was the aggressor...
Not sure how it looks beating the crap out of a guy with one leg...

Old 04-09-2006, 11:19 PM   #13
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

There is lots of things happening behind the scenes with this one. Stay tuned.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 11:26 PM   #14
F6 UTE
Banned

Expensive temper....
F6 UTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 11:28 PM   #15
UNRULY

From what I have seen of Brett over the years he looks like he has steam coming out his ears all the time. I have sat back and watched him in the pits, he appears to be an angry man, just the way he talked to his crew.

just an outside observation.....

Goes to court tomorrow, we need to get someone there to find out what happened. Anyone live in Blacktown?
UNRULY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2006, 01:42 AM   #16
SPK-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think a fella that crews for Benny or Victor only has one leg!? interesting.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:34 AM   #17
strife

yeah I think it was the bray truck that was being washed
Old 05-09-2006, 10:55 AM   #18
jcxr
Tribal Elder

As Craig @ ace said, stay tuned. This is gonna be BIG.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2006, 06:13 PM   #19
AFPGS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife
yeah I think it was the bray truck that was being washed
It was the Bray truck and the crew was from Bray's crew.There is a few people involved in this one and there is also a few that want him gone,so it will be quite interesting to see how it goes in court.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:48 PM   #20
strife

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFPGS
It was the Bray truck and the crew was from Bray's crew.There is a few people involved in this one and there is also a few that want him gone,so it will be quite interesting to see how it goes in court.

from andra site

Investigation into Friday incident proceeding

The AC Delco East Coast Nationals started what is sure to be another successful ANDRA Drag Racing Season. Following an incident in the early hours of Friday, September 1, ANDRA Officials excluded driver Brett Stevens. Stevens accepted the initial penalty. Early reports of significant injuries were exaggerated and ANDRA Officials are conducting an investigation into the incident before further action is initiated.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:43 AM   #21
SPK-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought they were all mates.!
Old 06-09-2006, 11:10 AM   #22
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Theres a short statement on Brays website also. Probably not much good speculating on this, best to just wait and see
Old 07-09-2006, 08:03 PM   #23
AFPGS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
I heard ANDRA are banning him for 12 months..
Jim read would not let him race after he did this, from all reports allegedly he was the aggressor...
Not sure how it looks beating the crap out of a guy with one leg...
Unfortanately Andra can not get him on the assualt charge as it's pending on the court case as it will be ongoing BUT there is a few other things that have been bought up by Andra so it will be interesting to see if these other charges go ahead.I always thought alchol,drugs and driving don't mix. :
Old 07-09-2006, 08:21 PM   #24
northey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Be interesting to see how his sponsor is going to react. Maybe he should be a footballer. Plenty of them don't know how well off they are either.
northey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2006, 07:12 PM   #25
strife

any action bringing the sport or ANDRA into disrepute

probable period of suspension 12 months
Old 08-09-2006, 07:13 PM   #26
darb4

Does anyone know how the court case went? Has ANDRA made a decision?
darb4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2006, 07:54 PM   #27
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not yet, Bretts tribunal will be held during the next fortnght.
New ride....07' RSpec manual Typhoon in Winter White....factory sunroof, Premium sound, Process West intercooler, upsized tubing, valve springs, 1000cc injectors, Delphi intank pump,*modified turbo, 4" dump, 5" cat, dual 2 1/2" Xforce exhaust, Mal Wood Opt 5 clutch, Herrod shifter, Ozrace coilovers with adj. Whiteline bars, 6 spot Brembos,
Edit by Crescent Motorsport.....382rwkws @ 1150nms on E85....
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2006, 09:31 PM   #28
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They have said no action will be taken until the Civil case is settled
Old 25-09-2006, 11:23 PM   #29
Bossxr8
Peter Car

There's no love lost between Stevens and Bray. They have hated each other for quite a while now. A fierce a rivalry as you can get.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2006, 11:41 PM   #30
1970galaxie
Fat 460

Any news on this yet?
Last I heard was that it wasn't even the Bray crew who were causing the problem, but was a Top Fuel team next to the Brays.
2003 BA XR8 Ute. Blood Orange. 5.4/5 speed.
2006 Territory Turbo. Silhouette. 4.0/6 speed auto.
1970galaxie is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post