Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
pearlhead

Default Ford soon to highlight local 'Vision'

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...257B9C000ACCFE

Quote:
Revised Fiesta range detailed as Ford gears up for major local event in August

2 July 2013
By TIM NICHOLSON
FORD Australia is preparing to stage a 'Vision for Australia' event in Sydney next month, that is expected to showcase key new imported and potentially locally designed and engineered models.

The Ford Motor Company's executive vice-president of global marketing, sales and service (and the Lincoln brand), Jim Farley, will host the event, and although Ford Australia is keeping details of the new models under wraps, new models soon to reach Australia include the facelifted Fiesta range - including the hot 134kW ST turbo, here in September - and the Indian-built EcoSport mini-SUV.

As GoAuto has reported, an all-new Australian-engineered SUV based on the T6 Ranger is also nearing production and could make its world debut at the August 13 event, while Ford Australia has previously confirmed that the forthcoming reskinned Falcon large car was scheduled to be shown this year ahead of its launch in the third quarter of 2014.

A similarly upgraded Australian-built Territory SUV and Falcon ute are due at the same time, following on the heels of other imported models including a redesigned Mondeo mid-size range and a new Transit van.

Ford Australia this week released preliminary details for its updated Fiesta light-car, which will be headlined by the ST hot-hatch when it arrives in September.

The facelift will also spell the end of the diesel powertrain option, which is to be axed in favour of the frugal new 1.0-litre three-cylinder EcoBoost petrol engine from December.

The ST will be the second performance model to join Ford's local small- and light-car car line-up, alongside its larger 184kW Focus ST sibling launched locally last October.

Australian-spec Fiesta STs will be a three-door-only proposition as it is sourced from Europe, rather than North America where it is built in five-door guise.

The Fiesta ST is powered by a 1.6-litre turbocharged EcoBoost engine producing 132kW and 240Nm of torque (growing to 147kW and 290Nm with the overboost function engaged) which like the Focus ST is matched exclusively to a six-speed manual gearbox.

When the new model arrives, Ford Australia will discontinue the Fiesta Metal warm-hatch that went on sale in September last year, making way for the more powerful ST to top the range.

The updated Fiesta gets a refreshed front-end design featuring the now-familiar Aston Martin-esque trapezoidal grille that also appears on the upcoming Mondeo/Fusion mid-sizer and is likely to show up on the facelifted Focus range due sometime next year.

A redesigned bonnet and updated headlights add to the changes at the front end, while at the rear the Fiesta gains a spoiler and more detail in the tail lights.

Bringing the Fiesta even further into line with the Focus, Ford will offer as standard its hands-free Sync connectivity system that includes voice-activated access to mobile phones and Bluetooth phone and audio streaming.

The current engine line-up will be replaced by a pair of new engines, with Ford confirming it has dropped the 66kW 1.6-litre Duratorq diesel currently available on mid and top-spec models due to slow sales.

Ford recorded strong early sales of diesel variants, with diesels making up 11 per cent of overall Fiesta sales in 2011, but these have dropped off to just three per cent this year.

The loss of the diesel makes room for Ford's award-winning 1.0-litre three-cylinder EcoBoost turbocharged petrol engine that is found under the bonnet of a number of Ford models in international markets, and has taken out top gong at the International Engine of the Year awards for the past two years.

The EcoBoost produces 92kW of power at 6000rpm and 170Nm of torque at 1400-4500rpm, while fuel economy is a diesel-like 4.9-litres per 100 kilometres for the five-speed manual and 5.3L/100km with a six-speed dual-clutch transmission.

While the EcoBoost won't be available in Australia until December, Ford is offering a 1.5-litre four-cylinder Duratec unit from the September range launch, delivering 82kW of power at 6300rpm and 140Nm of torque at 4400rpm and mated to the same five-speed manual and six-speed dual clutch transmission as EcoBoost models.

The 1.5-litre unit is slightly down on power compared to the outgoing 1.6-litre petrol (88kW), but fuel economy has also dropped from 6.1/L100km to 5.8L/100km in manual or auto guise.

Ford says it has improved the ride of the Fiesta by including new front suspension bump-stops for better cushioning, changes to shock absorber specifications and retuned electric power steering to match the suspension upgrades.

Ford is yet to confirm a standard features list but said the Fiesta will be available with optional rear parking sensors and hill-start assist as well as the usual array of safety gear that includes drivers knee, front passenger, side and curtain airbags.

The Blue Oval is yet to confirm specifications, but the upgraded Fiesta may drop the current variant names (CL, LX and Zetec) in favour of those of its larger Focus sibling (entry-level Ambiente, mid-spec Trend and range-topping Titanium).
pearlhead is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
westy73

Default Re: Ford soon to highlight local 'Vision'

Once they drop Falcon, Falcon Ute and Terry sadly the cars I aspire to own and that suit my needs will be history and so Ford loses my custom.
westy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 02-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #3
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

This has allready happened elsewhere, Crown Victoria fans, US Ranger Fans and Body on Frame RWD Explorer fans
have either shifted onto new FWD/AWD products or moved on. Sadly, I can see a lot of mates calling it a day
while a completely new group of buyers begin flowing into Ford Australia as new products start delivery.

It's a hell of a time to be a Ford fan, especially a Falcon/Territory fan but change is upon us in the next three years.
I'm sure that Holden fans will be equally as gutted when they realize the jig is finally up for them too....
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #4
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Well Ford aims to be the new Toyota. And who can blame them, after all business is about being profitable. The new Ford range looks about as appealing as a McDonalds menu, might be to the taste of many, but certainly not mine.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #5
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
This has allready happened elsewhere, Crown Victoria fans, US Ranger Fans and Body on Frame RWD Explorer fans
have either shifted onto new FWD/AWD products or moved on. Sadly, I can see a lot of mates calling it a day
while a completely new group of buyers begin flowing into Ford Australia as new products start delivery.

It's a hell of a time to be a Ford fan, especially a Falcon/Territory fan but change is upon us in the next three years.
I'm sure that Holden fans will be equally as gutted when they realize the jig is finally up for them too....
Challenge: don't mention Holden in your next forum post :-)
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 02-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #6
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

I guess it was not done in Melbourne to stop the whole of Geelong from catching the train and gate crashing?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 02-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #7
mikeeman_ford
EXR-699

Even though the falcon is going to be a thing of the past i have some of that sitting in my driveway.

The next generation will love the turbo hatches, and blueblood pride will live on. Our generation if we can hold onto our falcons will have a piece of history and the cars will be sought as future classics, as 80-90% of people use them as a means of transport,the rest of us will keep the brand alive mantaining and caring for these cars.

Who knows, the Mustang may come out here, and they may make it to take on the corvette. Ford are not stupid, they know there is a market for muscle cars. just depends how long it takes them to bring it out.

Given the "one ford" policy, there should be a V8 mustang here.

Visit my Blog lovemyfalc.blogspot.com
RIP - AU1 1999 XR6 VCT, Forever in my heart.
mikeeman_ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #8
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

On the Ford Oz website there's an interactive 3D Fiesta thats badged as an 'S' (just like the Focus Sport) it will share the same hierarchy as Focus/Juga.

Bring on the Fiesta ST!
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2013, 12:20 AM   #9
pearlhead

I'm quite excited for the early unveiling of the Falcon/Territory and T6 Ranger TBH. Quite alot to look forward to and a great move by Ford IMO.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #10
westy73

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlhead View Post
I'm quite excited for the early unveiling of the Falcon/Territory and T6 Ranger TBH. Quite alot to look forward to and a great move by Ford IMO.
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have the same build up as in previous releases. It's more of a white flag raising episode, here is our last Terry/Falcon. Buy it if you want otherwise don't. we don't really care. At least that's what it feels like to me. Ford Australia themselves have lost the love of the Falcon and Terry. Sad days ahead. Not the workers mind you just the top brass.
westy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2013, 09:17 AM   #11
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

About time the Fiesta Titanium came here...
Old 03-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #12
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

I'll be there to watch it unfold.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #13
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

Can't wait to see the last Falcon I was worried that we wouldn't get a chance to see it this year after the Motor Show was cancelled.

The new Mondeo is really the main drawcard for me though, if they incorporate some of the Lincoln technology in our local range (i.e. V6 AWD) the thing is really going to kick some goals here.

The King is dead, long live the King!
Old 03-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #14
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

exciting times indeed
Old 03-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #15
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

We have received an invitation to the Sydney event and will be attending with interest to see what the vision holds for the future.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #16
DMENTDGT
ON CHARGE

Whats the date for Sydney event?

FORD FALCON FPV GT 335
Lightening Strike
ZF Box
Leather
Cat Back 2.5" Stainless Steel Exhaust
5% Tints
Stock Power: 346.3rwkw

Current Rides: Porsche Cayenne, Suzuki GSXR 1000 K1
PRIOR RIDES: BA2 xr8 ute, AU2 Xr6, EL xr8, EB Ghia 5.0L, XD 4.0L
DMENTDGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #17
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMENTDGT View Post
by invitation only.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #18
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMENTDGT View Post
Planning a protest?

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #19
Danny
GT4.

So how many bans does someone have to get before being given a permanent holiday?

Russ, please let us know how the show goes. I'm pretty interested to see how Ford plans to press on into the future..
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 03-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #20
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz View Post
....... .
I am going to put it this way .......

This is a FORD Forum ....... NOT a FALCON nor an AUSTRALIAN MADE Forum.

There are just so many here who come to these forums to discuss their 'imported' pride and joy.

Over this stupid soap box and time for you to stop antagonising and being rude and arrogant to those who enjoy ALL THINGS FORD.

Don't like it, please leave ..... even better .... let me help.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #21
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau View Post
I am going to put it this way .......

This is a FORD Forum ....... NOT a FALCON nor an AUSTRALIAN MADE Forum.

There are just so many here who come to these forums to discuss their 'imported' pride and joy.

Over this stupid soap box and time for you to stop antagonising and being rude and arrogant to those who enjoy ALL THINGS FORD.

Don't like it, please leave ..... even better .... let me help.

Nail on head. It's time to look to the future of what is an excellent brand that makes excellent cars. They deserve continued success, even without the falcon Australia will be a great engineering and design base. That must be worth something.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 03-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #22
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Dammit...I was just going to post

"inB4Stevezrantabouthowitsnotworthsupportingfordbe causenolocalyadayadaiboughtanewfalconimbetterthene veryonesleswtfbbq"

This a smart move from Ford, no melb motor show this year, so Ford have continued from the AMS last year in creating a stand alone event.

Ford really need to hammer the fact that they aren't leaving Australia.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 03-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #23
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How could anyone read that announcement and not be interested to know more about what Ford is planning with future products.
I wonder if mortaling over events in three years time is blinding some to all the good things that are about to happen in the near future,
it's high time that Ford started plugging the gaps in it showroom offerings, maybe this is a great opportunity to get the word out there...

There is still ample opportunity for devotees to buy new Falcons and Territory, they're not
stopping tomorrow and word is the killer looks of the next falcon will make it even more desirable,
fingers crossed we get another glimpse or a good look of what's planned..

Last edited by jpd80; 03-07-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #24
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

First we had the bad news with the end of manufacturing, now it seems it is time to look forward and good on Ford for planning this. Hopefully, there might be some news about FPV.

Looking forward to the feedback from this event!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #25
pearlhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
We have received an invitation to the Sydney event and will be attending with interest to see what the vision holds for the future.

Cheers
Russ
Awesome! Congrats on the invitation and looking forward to future reports on the new models.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #26
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post

Cheers
Russ
What, all of us?

How big is the hall.....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-07-2013, 11:44 PM   #27
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Well Ford aims to be the new Toyota. And who can blame them, after all business is about being profitable. The new Ford range looks about as appealing as a McDonalds menu, might be to the taste of many, but certainly not mine.
Why does Toyota have to be a dirty word though? Other than being whitegoods on wheels, they compete in almost every market segment with largely the same vehicles globally. Much like VW. This is what Ford is trying to replicate.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2013, 01:04 AM   #28
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There are some exciting models coming out by the look of it, & with the rise in popularity of the of the small cars we are starting to see some of the performance models come out here which is great & should give us some more variety of performance cars out here which we have usually missed out on.
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2013, 02:30 AM   #29
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Mrs LeadFoot81 just bought a Focus Titanium, it's not so much a Cheeseburger as it is a Filet Mignon...puts every luxury Falcon/Fairmont I've been in to shame.

Looks sensational inside and out (looks are subjective, fair enough)
Well built
Too many standard features/gadgets to list
Goes like stink
Economical
Fun to drive

There is a world outside of Falcon/RWD saloons. Open your eyes.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #30
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO View Post
Why does Toyota have to be a dirty word though? Other than being whitegoods on wheels, they compete in almost every market segment with largely the same vehicles globally. Much like VW. This is what Ford is trying to replicate.
Hmm

Toyota make/made Supra, NSX, GT86 and under the name LEXUS made ISF, LFA

Ford make/made Taurus, Mondeo, Fusion, KA, Fiesta, Festiva

So which of those are "white goods on wheels"?
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: