Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-01-2007, 05:35 PM   #1
Tiapan
XF 393 3v CHI heads

Default Holden Bluff...Shutdown!

Hey fellas after having a total war on Ford vs Holden one of my stubborn holdne mates made a site dedicated to bagging fords for being un-Australian (if thats a word) this website pi$$ed me off!!

after a few Bundys i decided to give my own a crack.

using some quick reserch on wikiepedia and a bit of drunken ******** i put this together...i tried to make it AS NON-BIAS AS POSSIBLE, i tried to use actual facts but when bits of reserch didnt meet end-to-end i filled in the gaps.

Not sure how accurate i was but got some great pics to rub it in!! oh also i didnt tell him I made the site and he hasnt spoken to me since !!!!!

im welcome to critisism and anyone who would like to add to this website P.M. me and i will send you the password if we all put in (with a sort of non bias attitude) we can make a great shutdown site for the VN drivers claiming 'aussie power!!'

http://fordholdenaustralia.wetpaint.com/account/tiapan

Old 15-01-2007, 05:48 PM   #2
Sladdo
COMING SOON: Sleeper XF

VN's claimin aussie power?? Arent they Buick V6's im them?
Sladdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 05:59 PM   #3
Tiapan
XF 393 3v CHI heads

who knows how many countries put together the VN! its like one of those ugly as **** dogs you see, which were bred with everything.

can anyone confirm the chassis/platform for VS,VR,VX,VY???? was it all just the vn pos with pretty panels and better suspension?
Old 15-01-2007, 06:18 PM   #4
all4ford
XW 351

GM bought Holden which started life as an Australian horse cart manufacturer.

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/...ink=historical
all4ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 06:36 PM   #5
Tiapan
XF 393 3v CHI heads

heh well thats the sort of good news the the holden fans dont need to read on m site :P
Old 15-01-2007, 06:37 PM   #6
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Man this whole "What's more Aussie" debate between Commodores and Falcons is dumb.

Falcons have been all Aussie, since the XA.

Commodores have never been Aussie.

Enough said.

My car is the biggest mongrel of all. German body, with a Jap engine/drivetrain.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 06:40 PM   #7
nugget378
Weezland

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4ford
GM bought Holden which started life as an Australian horse cart manufacturer.

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/...ink=historical
And didnt they used to build bodies for Model T's,as was done then by alot of small coach building companies...
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 06:43 PM   #8
Tiapan
XF 393 3v CHI heads

the ve is aussie isnt it? that and the monaro would be the most aussie holdens eh?
Old 15-01-2007, 06:46 PM   #9
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think you mate has way to much time on his hands.

Ask him if Holden is such a Australian company why then does everybody Re-Badge these Iconic Australian cars with Chevy Badges, Yes that’s right he is a dumb ****.
Green X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 06:49 PM   #10
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiapan
the ve is aussie isnt it? that and the monaro would be the most aussie holdens eh?
The only part of any Holden that is remotely Australian is the L. Seriously, about 30% would be local product - the rest is O/S technology/parts. Falcon is probably around the same.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 06:50 PM   #11
Kenster

Quote:
so far they are saying its design in Australia and possible build in China used:
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 06:52 PM   #12
The Monty
Just slidin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan

My car is the biggest mongrel of all. German body, with a Jap engine/drivetrain.
Un riced VLs are cool but. Like yours. Nice.
Old 15-01-2007, 07:03 PM   #13
WHIPLASH
METALLICA and FORD FREAK

Great job tiapan. Love to read a good holden/ford debate any day

I love when my mates try to start me on HOLDEN ... means a great deal to Australia HA and its funnier when they are to blind and retarded to understand that holden motors, bodies and parts are made overseas. where as ford bodies, parts and motors and manufactured and built right here in Australia. Yeah the blocks are mustang but thats it. I have yet to see a car built by holden that has forced the government to take it out of production haha. or built the fastest four door production car of our time. Holden boys ... we let them have there fun but deap down us boys in blue know we are on top : :thebirds:

Little fox

Rolling back in my au forte
*18" xhp jetz
*alpine 4000watt audio
*tickford t3 bodykit

Still got a V8 but wanting to offload the shell if anyone is interested PM me.

(1993 EB body, some minor marks, full interior (electrics need attention) NO MOTOR, gearbox needs 5th. Make offer.

Also in the shed is a 3.9ltr straight six (1990 EA). headers, crow cam, 5spd manual included. may need minor rebuild. Again make offer

WHIPLASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 07:07 PM   #14
Tiapan
XF 393 3v CHI heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Man this whole "What's more Aussie" debate between Commodores and Falcons is dumb.

Falcons have been all Aussie, since the XA.

Commodores have never been Aussie.

Enough said.

yes...it is dumb! thats why i did it...to end it, because 90% of holden fans think there driving the Australian flag.
but im glad most of these ppl drive holdens cuz i would cry if i saw most of these cracksore ridden mullets crusing with their arm hanging out the window of a FORD! with their seat reclined so far back that they can only reach the wheel if its with one hand, playing eminem thru there supercheap auto subbies with cut off exhausts with there autos whizzing in first so that ppl think its supercharged lucky they all have monster tachos infront of their faces or they would over rev the sucka! and when they speed past my gf they all hangout the window and yell **** then speed of as best they can.....*takes a breath
i love the way the ford guys do it when their crusing...slow down a bit..eyeballs sideways trying not to make it obvious that they were undressing my gf with their eyes.
Old 15-01-2007, 07:11 PM   #15
MattyJ

Lame.
Old 15-01-2007, 07:12 PM   #16
Tiapan
XF 393 3v CHI heads

whoops forgot to add, im not doing it to convert the retards i refered to above to ford drivers..it just kills me inside when i see a beutiful girl but she is in the holden crowd because she wants to be patriotic (almost hung myself yesterday when my beloved gf told me GM was Australian!!!yes cute at first but when she persisted...GGRrrrrr!!)
Old 15-01-2007, 07:13 PM   #17
Tiapan
XF 393 3v CHI heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyJ
Lame.
almost as lame as show ponys with big sound systems...OUCH!
Old 15-01-2007, 07:21 PM   #18
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Holdens bodies are made in Oz as are most of the major assembly units, i.e transmissions, electrical parts etc. Their V6 motors are built in Port Melbourne. They only import the V8 as do Ford. Ford and Holden are almost equal in how australian their cars are. Both at about 70% each.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 07:23 PM   #19
andrewts
White Car Driver

nugget378 is correct. Holden used to manufacture bodies for Ford way back when. Also, these bodies were often not in the colour black, which made most Model Ts in Australia Unique.

As far as Who is more Aussie, the answer is Ford, and anybody in the know would know that. I'm not sure what it is that the stereotypical Holden irriot thinks is so much better about them. If it weren't for Ford, it is possible that Cars would not be in everyone's driveway today. Ford made them available, cheap and easy. If it were up to Benz, we'd all have to wait years and pay through our nose for cars.

Meh.
andrewts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 07:24 PM   #20
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sladdo
VN's claimin aussie power?? Arent they Buick V6's im them?
The starfire version of the 350 Buick V8 brought on by the Opec pricing in 1974. Like the starfire mtr in the Sunbirds & some Commodores a 6cyl with 2 cyls removed but in this case its a V8 with 2 cyl removed..
That last Opel in the pic is sure a ugly beast.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 07:25 PM   #21
Tiapan
XF 393 3v CHI heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by acosta32
Holdens bodies are made in Oz as are most of the major assembly units, i.e transmissions, electrical parts etc. Their V6 motors are built in Port Melbourne. They only import the V8 as do Ford. Ford and Holden are almost equal in how australian their cars are. Both at about 70% each.
Pffft Ford didnt get the blueprints for its cars from germany/usa!!!
Old 15-01-2007, 07:32 PM   #22
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
sorry mate but ford builds its own engines. holden builds the 6? so what its still slower and thirstier then fords 6s
Old 15-01-2007, 07:37 PM   #23
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
The 3v is only imported to OZ. The BOSS 260/290 is built at FPV.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 07:37 PM   #24
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Yeah silly argument. What I understand, Ford and Holden are Aussie as Toyota and Mitsubishi and whoever else mass produces in oz. Bottom line is, none of these companies are Australian owned and all profits go to the parent companies.
Being called "Australian" is just marketing IMO.
There you go, Holden is as Aussie as Mitsubishi LOL!
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 07:49 PM   #25
Tiapan
XF 393 3v CHI heads

is the new magna an aussie design? they would do good if they were rear wheel drive eh?
Old 15-01-2007, 07:55 PM   #26
andrewts
White Car Driver

The 380 is a fantastic car to ride in. If it were RWD, had a higher interior quality, and a bigger boot (and mayber a more optimised automatic) it would be THE car to buy. It has an absolute cracker of an engine, and the interior is feature packed.

I would put it and a Falcon side by side and have a hard time picking, to be honest. (Wouldn't think twice about excluding the Bommadore.)
Old 15-01-2007, 07:58 PM   #27
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
is the new magna an aussie design? they would do good if they were rear wheel drive eh?
Thats whats holdin (pun intended) the 380 (or Magna as you call it) back. Being front wheel drive most Aussies prefer a large car to be rwd.

Not sure where its designed. I think its a global platform designed in Japan. Correct me if Im wrong folks.
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 08:02 PM   #28
Tiapan
XF 393 3v CHI heads

yeah they are also good lookin fat body with curves in all the right places...i cant imagine that body being a hit anywhere else BUT Aus and USA where we like fatties but the platform would be jap?!?

anyone got an answer for the VX,VY question (if they share the same POS basic platform of the vn or if its been redesigned)
Old 15-01-2007, 08:02 PM   #29
andrewts
White Car Driver

She's all Aussie.
Old 15-01-2007, 08:04 PM   #30
all4ford
XW 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
And didnt they used to build bodies for Model T's,as was done then by alot of small coach building companies...
Not sure mate, I wasn't having a stab at them or anything, thats just where the name came from. The website he has put together states GM set up shop in Australia under the name Holden, thats not really correct.

I'm pretty sure they started putting together Vauxhauls in their early early days.

To me the Falcon is the most Australian car. However, each car owns their piece of Australian automotive history.
all4ford is offline   Reply With Quote