Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-04-2007, 04:55 PM   #1
SP.UTE1
Burning Up 98 Octane

Default Question for any Ford workers

G'Day all, I ordered a new S/P Ute a couple of weeks ago. When I rang the 13FORD information number last Thursday, to enquire on its build status, I was told that it was in the metal shop. Now with the plant shutting down for 10 days, my question is do they leave bare metal bodies lying around for 10 days or do they paint all bodies made before shutting down the production lines? Any help would be appreciated.
Regards Bob

Old 10-04-2007, 06:12 PM   #2
Mr_4.0
What Wheelspin?

i would imagine they get left.

2003 BA Xr6 Turbo (Atomic Long, DTM auto, Nizpro stage2 kit, eaton truetrac, E85, HeadsexTuned)
Mr_4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2007, 06:26 PM   #3
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

I would not trust 13FORD.

They told me my GT was still being finished, the day after the Dealer rang to say it was in Perth.
(at their dealership!)

D
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2007, 06:59 PM   #4
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Bare metal gets left, but if it's any help it's inside. Mind you the system they would use to see where you car is pretty slow and actually says where the car has left so if anything it could have been painted.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2007, 10:47 AM   #5
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All body panels are stamped in rust preventive oil, the whole shell is then washed before paint shop. If your ute is still a shell then rest assured that it will not rust.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2007, 12:20 PM   #6
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by acosta32
All body panels are stamped in rust preventive oil, the whole shell is then washed before paint shop. If your ute is still a shell then rest assured that it will not rust.
Is that a written guarentee??
FWIW I agree with the previous replies, I cant imagine the paint shop trying to paint over an oxidised panel, they would be getting too many recalls.
Don't fret mate, it will get to you and you'll be as flash as a rat with a gold tooth. Good luck.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:31 PM   #7
SP.UTE1
Burning Up 98 Octane

All is good. I rang the 13FORD number again today and the guy on the phone was positive that the car was built and had left the factory. WTF is going on : , another call to the dealer and he then rings FPV. One of the managers at FPV goes over to the Broadmeadows factory and physically finds the ute. It is sitting on the first stage of the trim line. All painted up and should be over to FPV on Tuesday. Can't wait to get back into that V8. Thanks for the help.
Bob
Old 11-04-2007, 02:34 PM   #8
THORNSPAWN
In the Forced 'lane

They still have bare E-series panels sitting around and they're not rusty yet.
THORNSPAWN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2007, 04:45 PM   #9
bob^
LPS

Yep, it all has to do with the oil on the panels as said previously.
I seen a heap of motors today on the production line which had been left over the long weekend. They have all been covered to stop crap falling in there, etc.
bob^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post